TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedJan 18, 2013 9:58 am
Wiesior wrote:
And what about available all of costumes? It may end as no change basic things, but simply make not available revealing/nude costumes from KR version.  

Many many costumes/underwear still involve some nudity, so it would be silly of them to do so and not change everything else. I highly doubt tactics is trying to be 'sneaky'. Taking out the Seal Breaker would be a poor business decision. I'm sure they know this. xD

Advertisement

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedJan 18, 2013 10:21 am
ToBeFeared wrote:
I guess we'll have to wait and see the end result. Keep in mind US is not Koreo therefore different standards.  

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/14/hyperdimension-neptunia-victorys-esrb-rating-wont-surprise-you/

The ESRB have published their rating for Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, and the rating summary shouldn’t really come as a surprise to anyone that’s familiar with this series of games. The game is rated “T” and the rating summary is as follows:

This is a role-playing game in which players control a young goddess on a quest to return home from an alternate dimension. As players advance the storyline, they use swords, lances, guns, and colorful light attacks against fantasy creatures (e.g., plants monsters, dragons, robots). Combat is turn-based, and damage is indicated by impact sounds and a loss of hit points. During the course of the game, some female characters are dressed in low-cut outfits that expose large amounts of cleavage and/or buttocks; one bathing sequence depicts female bodies partially obscured by hot-spring mist and soap suds. Characters also make several suggestive/sexual comments (e.g., “Are those boobies? Mine get big when I transform” “Wait, is she a dominatrix…?” “I’m sorry for all the foreplay” and “Even if you get groped a bit, or get into some kinky stuff, you’ll end up able to transform.”). The words “sh*t,” “a*shole,” and “b*tch” appear in the dialogue.  

So yea, perverted young girls in tight suits or naked with some soap on are accepted in the US. It is as good a proof as any that Sentinels regular armors do not need any changes, and neither the underwear. (I'm still inclined to think the naked mode would benefit from censorship though)

I'm still crossing my fingers for changes being very minor (strings turned into wide panties kind of things). Not because it matters for playing, but because it would show that Aeria games aren't scared stiff of little girls in MMOs while the rest of the world wonders what they are afraid of.

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
PostedJan 18, 2013 10:51 am
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Yes, that is what he means. I'm sure it will work just like Aeria's other Mature game (Shaiya) and require you to confirm you're at least 18+ upon installing the game. If people choose to lie, that is not Aeria's concern.  

I would argue that there is a difference between Shaiy and Scarlet Blade since you cannot fully undress your character in Shaiya while in Scarlet Blade you can at least reveal the breasts. However, there are some Mobs which are topless so it is more or less the same.

TheNinjaKitten wrote:
I highly doubt tactics is trying to be 'sneaky'. Taking out the Seal Breaker would be a poor business decision. I'm sure they know this. xD  

I don't think he was trying to be sneaky in any way. He did not make it 100% clear what part of the mature content would remain the same. He did say he would try to preserve as much as posible of the original developer's intent, which means that most of the content will remain the same, but not necessarily all.

jinklez92 wrote:
The alternative is that it requires Credit Card information to be able to play even if you're not being charged. Adds an extra barrier to ensure that only people 18+ play (even though it can be easily avoided, only the truly desperate will actually do so Razz).  

This. I've played a game or two before where you were required to provide a credit card or other concrete proof that you are 18+. If push comes to shove, then this would also be required for SB. However, from the sound of it, tactics is trying to avoid this requirement and pushing for some minor adjustments.

Love what you do and do what you love.

Rednal29

Rank 0
Rednal29
PostedJan 18, 2013 10:58 am
In fairness, the plugsuits in Neptunia are pretty covering even at their worst, while this game is a little more... direct about its intentions? XD

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedJan 18, 2013 11:28 am
ToBeFeared wrote:
I would argue that there is a difference between Shaiy and Scarlet Blade since you cannot fully undress your character in Shaiya while in Scarlet Blade you can at least reveal the breasts. However, there are some Mobs which are topless so it is more or less the same.  

Yes, there is a difference between Shaiya and Scarlet Blade as far as content, but there is no difference between the fact they are both 18+. You can not fully undress your character in Scarlet Blade either. Bewbs are the extent of the nudity, just like in Shaiya (regardless of the character model they are on).

ToBeFeared wrote:
I don't think he was trying to be sneaky in any way. He did not make it 100% clear what part of the mature content would remain the same. He did say he would try to preserve as much as posible of the original developer's intent, which means that most of the content will remain the same, but not necessarily all.  

Maybe in that specific post it's not clear (though I feel "we plan to make some small adjustments to the Sentinel class/NPCs. All other classes and NPCs are planned to remain unchanged" is clear enough). As stated, it has been said multiple times and that quote is from a rather old post. You're more than welcome to go search the forums for a more clearer answer (though I think some of it got removed with some censorship debate threads). I only quoted that one because I had it linked in the FAQ.

Putting a credit card requirement on a F2P game would drastically hurt the player-base. Aeria wouldn't do that, especially when they don't need to and pointless. xD

ruca9494

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2013 11:45 am

That's great news

can´t wait to see how it will be

blueskyboi91

Rank 5
blueskyboi91
PostedJan 18, 2013 12:11 pm
seem like not the place for me am out thank you for info..

fallennoir

Rank 0
fallennoir
PostedJan 18, 2013 2:31 pm
Can't wait for alpha! Nice job guys! Smile

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
PostedJan 18, 2013 3:03 pm
Well whatever the outcome is, I learned to not get my hopes up too high when it comes to Aeria Games.

Either way, I do not want to try the game out for the lack of clothing on the ladies, but to find a new love since I'm falling out of love with shaiya. I couldn't care less if all the characters battle bare or dressed in winter clothing.

Love what you do and do what you love.

Raptor091288

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2013 7:15 pm

Re: Community Update (1/15)

What's up with Scarlet Blade right now?
tactics wrote:
Localized English Voice-overs are sounding pretty good so far, and overall our team is happy with them-- however, it is unlikely that they will be in the Alpha client (we do expect them for Beta, though!)  

Please tell me there will be an option to choose between the original and 'localized' ones. I have NEVER played a Korean (Or any Asian) MMORPG where I have preferred the English voices, or even liked them as much as the originals. I have not looked at any gameplay videos so I have no idea how they sound in Korea right now, in the hopes that just maybe, if there's no option to choose between the two, I might actually like the English voiceovers enough to keep them. Or at the very least not hate them so much that I feel like stabbing myself in the ear with a fork.