Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedMay 03, 2011 8:24 am

Re: OMG

Ciara152 wrote:
Impressive project you've done there!!! and very analyzing!
Anyways.. I've used the build REC/INT/WIS in the stairs system (REC till 85, untill then 2 rec, 1 int, 4 wis, then INT till ~50, untill that 5 wis, 2 int, then FULL wis).
My priestess (Healia's her name) is a great healer and for a 32 reaches 1.5k heal points in a simple heal!
comment me.. is that a good build?  

Your Int and Rec are both useless in such small amounts.

It would be better to just go full Wis.

Advertisement

davewaveandrews

Rank 1
PostedMay 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: OMG

Avyn wrote:
Ciara152 wrote:
Impressive project you've done there!!! and very analyzing!
Anyways.. I've used the build REC/INT/WIS in the stairs system (REC till 85, untill then 2 rec, 1 int, 4 wis, then INT till ~50, untill that 5 wis, 2 int, then FULL wis).
My priestess (Healia's her name) is a great healer and for a 32 reaches 1.5k heal points in a simple heal!
comment me.. is that a good build?  

Your Int and Rec are both useless in such small amounts.

It would be better to just go full Wis.  

Yea do something. My lvl 15 pvp priest heals for 914hp and you only heal for 1.5K at lvl 32? My full int linked with lvl 6 int (no wise) lvl 30 grb battle priest heals for about 1.1K. If your a healer at lvl 32 I would think that you should heal for much more. I would recommend making up your mind between a rec priest, a battle priest and a healer and do a build that favors one of those.

Chrystalynn37

Rank 0
Chrystalynn37
PostedMay 04, 2011 7:04 pm
Lanceknightmare wrote:
I wouldn't recommend 5 Intellect, 2 Rec. But, there is a way to pull this off effectively. Ask yourself these questions and if they are all yes. Then, it might be effective to do so.

Am I just using Base statistics (if yes then 7 Intellect is better)
Am I just using Level 1,2,3 Lapis? (if yes then 7 Intellect is better)
Am I running Dread armor with Level 3 and 4 Rec lapis or better in them? (if yes, then 5 Intellect, 2 Rec would be effective from around levels 30-somewhere in the high 40's).
Am I running all Defensive Dual Lapis in Dreads or better? (if yes, then 5 Intellect, 2 Rec will work from levels 30-the high 40's. After that, your defense will still be beneficial. But, its main role will be to lower the amount of damage you are taking to your mage.

Once you hit Pando with your Mage. The game changes completely. With no Wisdom per level. You will need to fill your Dreads. With all Dual Wisdoms lapis and/or level 4 or better. All four slots in your dreads for your Boots, Gloves, Pants, Armor and Weapon. Will have to be filled with these lapis. Your 2 Rec per level will become completely useless at this point and it will actually increase the chances that your character will die. Because you will have higher aggro to your character.

You could fill your characters Dreads full of Wisdom and Rec lapis. Even doing this will not help you. You still will not have enough accuracy from your Wisdom. To hit at a relieable rate. Which is what you need for aoe. Your defense will also only lower the amount of damage to your character. Basically, you will not be any good as a mage.

Overall, I say 7 Intellect per level is the way to go. It will get you from level 1-your high 40's faster than any other build. 5 Intellect, 2 Wisdom is another way to go. It will make managing your higher levels much easier. You can lapis all Wisdom and Rec Duals to this build. To make your character an effective aoe later on. You should never add Wisdom to a Mage/Priest for the purpose of increasing mana though. It will not benefit you in the least and it will actually play against you.

If you are a casual player (7 Intellect is by far the best build for you). If you get to the end game. Then you will have to restat but it will be worth it.

If you are a Regular or Intermediate player (5 Intellect, 2 Wisdom is a solid option). Not recommended for the casual player. As you will just slow down your grinding if you aren't established enough to lapis 4's or higher to everything.  

i hate to be the one to tell you this, but you are talking about a mage in ORACLE/PRIEST section. The fact that since this is a priest/oracle guide makes your information a little irrelevant seeing as a 5int 2 rec build would be fine for a battle priest/oracle, since they get 1 wis per level. and even if this was a mage guide, i would suggest doing 5int 2rec as an HM build anyways, and just lapis in some duals with wis or link just plain wis lapis. Smile

Takai13sama

Rank 0
PostedSep 20, 2011 5:36 am

Map 3

D= On my mage, I'm in map 3, and it's my first time being there. How the heck do I go back to map 2? D= I couldn't find a second gk in the stronghold or whatever in the middle of the map [yes, I haven't memorized the village names, bah.] D=

tiamats4esgares

Rank 4
tiamats4esgares
PostedSep 20, 2011 12:34 pm
A) There ARE 2 gatekeepers (one goes to Pandorashys, the other to Presya Manor or Silvaren. Take the Silvaren one). The 2nd gatekeeper is on the other side of the building from the first.

B) If you can't find that, buy a bootleggery recall rune from the fat Accessory Merchant in the middle of town. Use that, and it will take you to the bootleggery. Go down the ladder in front of you, and turn around and there's a gatekeeper that can take you to Arktuis Vill (among other places).

C) If you can't find him...use the portal at the top of the map.

Satory77

Rank 0
Satory77
PostedApr 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Excellent Guide

Hello there,

First of all excellent guide, very useful by the way. I'm a priest in the Latin Server Eclipse, your guide is one of the most complete i have ever read, if you don't mind would u let me translate some of the info you put in your guide, for the latin server?? Of course i'll put the respective link to yours as the source.

Tks

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedApr 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Excellent Guide

Satory77 wrote:
Hello there,

First of all excellent guide, very useful by the way. I'm a priest in the Latin Server Eclipse, your guide is one of the most complete i have ever read, if you don't mind would u let me translate some of the info you put in your guide, for the latin server?? Of course i'll put the respective link to yours as the source.

Tks  
Unfortunately Lady.Sin no longer plays Shaiya. However, I'm pretty sure she would be happy for you to translate it.

I'm not sure what episode the Latin server is on, if you are still on episode 4 then this is probably your best guide.
If you are on episode 5 then you might want to look at the stickied guides instead - they have been updated to episode 5.

RIP Kizzd

DianaaSykes

Rank 0
PostedJan 15, 2013 2:03 pm
hi, i have a question. what if we want to be both healer and battler? thank you! Smile

tsavarite

Rank 3
tsavarite
PostedJan 15, 2013 3:16 pm
DianaaSykes wrote:
hi, i have a question. what if we want to be both healer and battler? thank you! Smile  

Make 2 different toons.

vintagephoenix

Rank 1
vintagephoenix
PostedJan 18, 2013 7:55 am
tsavarite wrote:
DianaaSykes wrote:

Make 2 different toons.  

Correct.

If you try to do both in 1 toon you will find you are just too weak in both to be effective and there are not enough points for skills to make this possible. Smile