Jhofree

Rank 0
Jhofree
PostedJan 15, 2013 2:18 pm

ILLUSION ASTRAL

Is there a bug with this astral?
Greetings everyone,

I have a question, or rather a doubt if this astral is actually working properly. According to the Astral Info:

Enhanced Illusion Lvl. 5 --> 10% Chance of Dodging Damage

Therefore, if this is true, how come in EVERY single battle, people who has this astral, get the effects of this astral at least 2 times?

A battle with about 10 turns or less gets the effects of this astral, that is definitely more than a 10% chance. So is this astral BUGGED?

What made me wrote here was mainly because I had a Duel and my opponent had 3 consecutive Illusion effects, which almost cost me the battle, and there weren't many turns in it. Doesn't sound like 10% chance to me!

I bet those who carry this astral don't mind because it's working with about 20%-30% chance or more, but for the rest is a bit unfair and annoying to see people taking advantage of this IF it happens to be a bug in the game.

Thank you for your Time,
Sithlord
Advertisement

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedJan 15, 2013 4:59 pm
Not a bug, been stated by the moderators on official site that it is working as intended.

Jhofree

Rank 0
Jhofree
PostedJan 15, 2013 7:47 pm
Then this astral is definitely misworded and should be changed to say, it has a 30% chance of dodging.

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedJan 16, 2013 7:44 am
It says "10% chance", that does not mean you only get 1 dodge per 10 turns. It is just your chances of dodging each attack. It's luck. You could get lucky and dodge all 10 out of 10--although extremely unlikely. On the other hand, you could never dodge any of the hits.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedJan 18, 2013 3:15 am
I agree that it SEEMS like it triggers way more than it should. I've told my guild that they should seriously find a spot for this astral if they get the orange version, just on the sheer amount it seems to trigger. It can turn a battle right around if it triggers once or twice or even more. That said, there is a key factor you need to take into consideration here:

Judge by the attacks, not the number of rounds. Skills like multishot and any AOEs hit more than once. Every "part" of these attacks is treated as individual by the astral and each has a chance of being dodged.

If you're fighting in Group Arena, it can skew things in a deceptive manner because of the above. If an archer uses lunatic fire, that's 3 attacks per character. If there are 3 characters alive on the other team, that's a total of 9 chances for that dodge to trigger, assuming each one has that astral equipped. Therefore, you will often see multiple dodges out of that and it makes it seem like it's triggering too often in that case. Situations like these may be giving us the illusion (pun completely intended) of this astral triggering more than it should. In a 1v1 environment, things look much more like they should, in my opinion.

I think you got unlucky Sith. I dueled a guild member earlier, and he beat me because it triggered twice for him. His was at 10%. I had mine equipped at 8% and didn't get a single dodge out of it. That said, I won a fight in GA today because it triggered twice in a row for me. However, more times than not, I don't get it to trigger a single time in GA fights. It really is all about luck, and when it happens to be a case of very bad luck for you like you stated in your example, it's very easy to think something isn't right, but I can tell you from experience that over the long run, it definitely seems to be triggering at the right rate. It's still a wonderful astral to have.. you can win fights using it that you otherwise wouldn't win if you just happen to get lucky, it's a lifesaver.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedJan 18, 2013 6:07 am
GodofAcid wrote:
I agree that it SEEMS like it triggers way more than it should. I've told my guild that they should seriously find a spot for this astral if they get the orange version, just on the sheer amount it seems to trigger. It can turn a battle right around if it triggers once or twice or even more. That said, there is a key factor you need to take into consideration here:

Judge by the attacks, not the number of rounds. Skills like multishot and any AOEs hit more than once. Every "part" of these attacks is treated as individual by the astral and each has a chance of being dodged.

If you're fighting in Group Arena, it can skew things in a deceptive manner because of the above. If an archer uses lunatic fire, that's 3 attacks per character. If there are 3 characters alive on the other team, that's a total of 9 chances for that dodge to trigger, assuming each one has that astral equipped. Therefore, you will often see multiple dodges out of that and it makes it seem like it's triggering too often in that case. Situations like these may be giving us the illusion (pun completely intended) of this astral triggering more than it should. In a 1v1 environment, things look much more like they should, in my opinion.

...[snip] ...but I can tell you from experience that over the long run, it definitely seems to be triggering at the right rate. It's still a wonderful astral to have.. you can win fights using it that you otherwise wouldn't win if you just happen to get lucky, it's a lifesaver.  

this^

(high 5 to noobie)