pandoraskeep

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Hello thinking about playing :)

Hello. im thinking about playing the game and wondering, whats the player base, the most populated server/friendly server, and which of these classes is (in your opinion) the most fun? Smile Necromancer, Wizard, Assassin, Cleric, Sage or Berserker, which is also in the most demand, i know its the whole be the class I want to be, but i dont mind, i enjoy all the roles really (tanking, healing, dd, glass cannon etc Smile) (I know ive listed at least one from every group, im sorry they just all interest me ;;, thanks for reading and the help etc Smile Hope to see people in game Smile
Advertisement

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedJan 12, 2013 10:06 pm
Hello. Welcome to GF EN. Currently it seems as though Ponchee is the friendliest server to be on at the moment. The player base is about low medium. An essential class that you're guaranteed parties with would be either Paladin (Tank) or Cleric (Healer). Although, in my personal opinion, Assassin is probably the cheapest class to start out with. I'm gonna be a bit biased and say Sage is probably the most fun class for me, since it's the hybrid class.

I hope to see you in game!

Enjoy The Grand Fantasia.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

samuru1989

Rank 2
samuru1989
PostedJan 12, 2013 10:16 pm
Hello and welcome Smile

The most populated server at this time is ponchee. It is the merger of two older servers gaia and bodor. Means it has the old playes. The newer sever quill has the younger player base (expect those that moves over from the other severs). The prices on the servers quill is cheaper but the prices are getting closer and closer on some items all the time.

For the most part the people are friendly. However, pvp players can be rather nasty sometimes. If you find a fun guild it helps. The most active pvp brackets are 30, 40 and 70/80 to a bit lesser extent.

As for the most fun class that is a matter of opinion. I like assassin, sage, and berserker myself. Obviously the most needed classes are tanks and healers. Towards end game most classes can tank dungeons though if well geared and dps well. You can level each class to 30 or 40 and test them for yourself. There are some classes better suited for pvp or pve though. Depends what you want to focus on more. And if you do pvp the game is mostly P2W for that unless you spend many many hours dungeon running or buying and reselling items to top gear. All in all its a fun game if you just want to chill, play it at ease, and meet people and chat if you plan on being top you have a long tough road.

lil_demonly

Rank 0
lil_demonly
PostedJan 12, 2013 10:22 pm
Welcome to GF!! So far Ponchee is the friendlier server with a better economy. Like minuzaki said, assassin is a pretty cheep class. I'm currently almost a 7x DS which is the advancement after an assassin at lvl 65(in case u didn't know). The assassins are pretty cheap due to the fact that they only use three types of weapons(one handed sword, firearm, and bows) making it pretty easy to choose your weapon and u won't get too confused. In the end you just need to figure out how to set up an assassin to have fun with it Smile. In ponchee the paladins/Templars are a pretty common class to choose because of their tanking ability but they are pretty expensive to deal with because u can choose many weapons: one handed sword, two handed sword, hammer, axe, shield, and relics. Being that u often need to change our weapons for certain occasions. As a cleric/prophet u are often welcome in most dungeon or grinding parties because of buffs and heals. This as well is a pretty expensive class because of the different equipments they use. And the wizard/Archmage classes dominate pvp in my opinion since they can easily cut through a warrior or archer's defenses. This class I wouldn't say is very expensive because they mostly use relics and staves. But u need to set this class up with the right talents. And last but not least is the funnest class: SAGE/mystic. This is pretty much the most expensive class to me and hardest to manage due to the hybrid abilities but if u spend enough time learning all the nifty lil tricks you can become a major tanker or DPS.
I hope this info helps and I hope u enjoy playing GF Very Happy

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedJan 13, 2013 12:45 am
Easiest classes to find parties as - Zerker, Paladin, Cleric.
Pretty much every low level and end game instance is going to want one of those three classes, and it seem like it's those three classes that parties always tend to have to wait to find in my experience.

But, every class is needed pretty much in instances. So, play the class you want because you're going to get the most out of the game later on if you do. Specially if you get into PVP, which you probably will sooner or later, so it's best to start off on a good foot class-wise. It sucks to hit end game and realize you're sick of the class you settled with and now want the class you actually wanted to start with.

whoeverxwins

Rank 2
whoeverxwins
PostedJan 13, 2013 3:52 am
Ponchee is the most populated, for reasons already stated. I'm seeing a lot more low level players there, many that are actually new players, not just an alt.

It's hard to say what sort of class would be good for someone else. I don't know if you're into PvP or just PvE. I don't care for PvP myself. Just too much work to be good at it (or money). For myself, I enjoy the magic users the most. I have 3 characters, a Demonologist (the lvl 66 class upgrade for Necromancer), a Sage, and a Cleric. I don't really have a favorite of the three though. They're all fun, and who I like best kinda varies based on where they are at the moment. lol I made the cleric mainly out of frustration from not finding one for parties, but to my surprise, I've actually enjoyed the class. At least in this game, they are pretty strong characters. In small parties, I tend to be the tank, since unless there is an actual tanking class around, I have the most defense.

So really, it's just up to what you enjoy playing! At least for your first character, pick something YOU will like!

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedJan 13, 2013 4:25 am
Wow!

First a warm welcome to GF! Sadly I am not sure of which character is the most fun because that depends on you. Smile

Honestly for your first character just make any class Razz sooner or later you will learn gameplay, etc so don't worry too much about it.

pandoraskeep

Rank 0
PostedJan 13, 2013 7:20 am
Well first of thanks for all the friendly replies, I guess im joining ponchee Razz, I am more of a pve player myself. Since im generally a mage player, I guess ill start out as a necromancer (since its the kind of class im used to playing), and when I get that relatively high make a Cleric, Sage, zerker and an archmage, and thank you again Smile

whoeverxwins

Rank 2
whoeverxwins
PostedJan 13, 2013 8:52 am
Yay for Necromancer! XD If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Either here or in game. I'm on Ponchee if you need any help. (Shamita/ Chandrika/ AnnaMae)