Rearzkinz

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Dropping Items in PvP

Hello everyone,

I've got a question regarding PvP, and dropping items.
To my understanding, when you get killed by any other player you have a chance to drop an item from your inventory (also a chance to dropped an equipped item).
My question is, is this correct?

If this is correct, does this apply to all zones, or just PvP zones?

//Rearzkinz
Advertisement

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedJan 12, 2013 1:32 pm

Re: Dropping Items in PvP

Rearzkinz wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've got a question regarding PvP, and dropping items.
To my understanding, when you get killed by any other player you have a chance to drop an item from your inventory (also a chance to dropped an equipped item).
My question is, is this correct?

If this is correct, does this apply to all zones, or just PvP zones?

//Rearzkinz  

It applies to all pvp zones. There is at least a 15% if not more to drop gears be it equiped or not equiped. It is advised to use a Prevent Item drop when you go into pvp. If you're also that worried, I'd advise to place anything majorly important into your warehouse.

Rearzkinz

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2013 1:41 pm
Well, i'm more conserned that while leveling, if i understood correct, you have to level in sertain PvP zones.

I'm a new player so my pocket money isn't that much, and buying Anti-Drop isn't really in my budget. So that basicly means I will lose some of my gear while leveling, correct?
I'm level 36 right now, so guessing the PvP zones won't be that far away even?

ps: Thanks for the swift reply.

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedJan 12, 2013 1:47 pm   Last edited by Lyyrian on Jan 12, 2013 1:54 pm. Edited 1 time in total
At lvl 36 there is no need to go to a pvp zone. Really its not til 50+ you may possibly venture into Dwater, etc. Really once get to about lvl 53 you can look into a pvp zone but you don't have to. Til you hit lvl 56-57ish you can really stick to Pand / Lan. At your lvl now Maps 2 and 3 are the way to go and dungeons such as Mait/AN (map 2) and CL/FL (map 1). I dont' know what faction you are so just incase: AoL version / UoF version.

At round about 56-57ish you may venture out to DD1 or DD2 or VR. Dwater is most if you want to go for Ele 1 lapis in Kimu or Lvl 4 Lapis in D1 and D2. Lvl 53 for pvp and lapis in Jungle and DD1, 56-57ish for DD2 for basic accessory lapis.

VR you really should not start grinding til you hit 57ish + depending on your build, gears, and class.

So you have plenty of time before worrying about pvp.

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedJan 12, 2013 1:51 pm
you can lvl to 60 without going to any pvp zone to lvl (46+ for pando/lan). once your lv60 u will need to go to VR/PR, depending what faction u r on. If u really want, u could go to VR/PR at about lv57, depending how well ur gear is.

once ur in VR/PR, u will die alot by the other faction, so dropping gears will most likely happen

Arthur5174

Rank 5
Arthur5174
PostedMar 02, 2013 4:15 am
you can level, albeit a lot more slowly, in Pando to level 60. You have 2 options really. when dying without pid in my experience, the drop will 1st cycle through any available "droppable" items in bag 1, then bag 2, then bag 3, 4, 5....if there is nothing that can drop then chances are, your equipped gear/weapon are next to drop. go to Apu or Iris and buy a bunch of Npc junk gears/weapons cheap as a secondary insurance policy. NOTICE the key-word here "secondary". Your 1st priority should be to obtain a pid (30 day being the best) and just in case it runs out without you realizing it, at least you have a few stacks of crap droppable gears/weapons that aren't much value to you that wouldnt harm you so much, so make sure these items are placed in bags 1-4, while your alt. gears/weapons that you dont want dropped in any case be placed in bottom rows of bag 5. Hope that helps.