itchago

Rank 2
itchago
PostedJan 09, 2013 10:05 am

Re: Brand New!

Jedicitus wrote:
Hi,

I am brand new to this game - I've been wandering around for about 20 minutes, didn't find anything to pick up, found it hard to figure out how, or where, I can gain new skills, find missions, etc.

So I am taking to the forum to see if anybody can guide me through the "basics" so I can start to do more than just walking around "talking" to guards...

Please help!

./Jedicitus  

This will help you--http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=387886

Advertisement

Lyuuz

Rank 0
Lyuuz
PostedFeb 18, 2013 9:07 am
Hiiii all ^_^

My name is Sergio and i'm new player in this mmorpg ^^

redskinsnc19

Rank 0
PostedMar 06, 2013 7:40 pm
Iam new to shaiyla and any other pc game. At the monment ive tried all servers and all modes. Accepted in different guids, BUT theres alot of info iam not gettin... example can i play UM without usin real money, or gear for pvp. Now this is my view, but love the game....it will just take longer to reach lvl80

Saepe

Rank 0
PostedMar 10, 2013 11:27 pm
redskinsnc19 wrote:
Iam new to shaiyla and any other pc game. At the monment ive tried all servers and all modes. Accepted in different guids, BUT theres alot of info iam not gettin... example can i play UM without usin real money, or gear for pvp. Now this is my view, but love the game....it will just take longer to reach lvl80  

I know this reply is 5 days late, but on the off chance that you read this, it is possible to play UM without using real money....However to raise your UM past a certain level, you will need to enter PVP zones. If you want to level in these zones, you will need items like Continuous res runes, Prevent Item Drops and Prevent Experience Drops. Even for lower level PVP you will need these items for your UM (except Prevent Experience Drop since it's good to lose exp in those zones).

You can get all of these items by trading with other players either directly or through the auction hall. But they are VERY expensive...So the best way for a free player to play the game is to first raise up a high level toon in Basic Mode and try to make gold in game with that. By selling lapis, quest items, rare drops, and plvls, you can slowly save up a few OPs and buy the expensive things you need for a UM character. However this is a very hard and slow path so you need to be patient and stick with it. Also, joining a guild with more experienced members really helps. They might even help you get good gear and level up. Good luck.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMar 11, 2013 4:56 am
Saepe wrote:
However to raise your UM past a certain level, you will need to enter PVP zones. If you want to level in these zones, you will need items like Continuous res runes, Prevent Item Drops and Prevent Experience Drops. Even for lower level PVP you will need these items for your UM (except Prevent Experience Drop since it's good to lose exp in those zones).  

UM's don't loose their XP after their death ... the only requirement to revive is to have a continuous ressurection rune running or using a single resurrection rune.

at other modes, they will loose their XP if the bless bar is below the half.

signature of xybolt

stray31

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 12:08 pm
Been a while since I last played Shaiya, very long time, and so I was wondering... Is character creation really gone from the game? Like the customization portion. I remember this being in the game when I played last. Is there something I'm missing here?

Saepe

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 9:37 pm
Yes, it is gone since the last patch where they updated the client. But to make up for it, they made appearance change scrolls drop very commonly from the Loot Box in Aeria Ignite. These scrolls give you even more customization options than the character creation screen. A few tries on the Loot Box and you should easily get it.

stray31

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 10:02 pm
Ooh, okay! Very Happy Thanks for the info! Could not find any information anywhere about it.

221Believer

Rank 0
221Believer
PostedMar 13, 2013 4:52 pm
I'm brand new to MMORPGs entirely, and I'm really enjoying Shaiya ^^ I wish I had been able to get it ages ago...yay for new, non-Stone Age computers.

I'd kind of like to join a guild or something but I'm not sure I'm good enough for one Razz

sameer5151

Rank 0
PostedMay 21, 2013 5:21 am

mage help

build
hey i just started playing 2days now and already lvl 15mage but i have no idea how the bulid works or what must do can any1 point me on the right direction