RephinEX

Rank 0
RephinEX
PostedDec 26, 2012 12:15 pm
Experiment #4 - One Cannon, Again!

Attack team and bonus are the same as in Experiment #3.

Rope's End Activate

1 Win Andred beats Vanessa

2 Win Xara beats Hannah

3 Win Cinta beats Idola

4 Win Audrey beats Marina
Ally Skill Rope's End

5 Win Cecil beats Lael

Total ATK 31575

Difference from initial ATK power is 5076
(For reference purposes, Cover Fire x 1 = 3509)

Okay, in this one the difference is lower, but Rope's End only affected one person in the attack team. I think this experiment coupled with the last one gives better information, but it's still not a lot to go on.

I have to sleep, so I'll continue the experiments tomorrow unless someone figures it out before then. Good luck~

[Eclipse of AngelWing] Pirate Maidens - Putting the CURVY in SCURVY!
Advertisement

bakachanx

Rank 0
bakachanx
PostedDec 27, 2012 9:44 pm
Cannons do not seem to affect pixies, even though they are gypsies.

No matter how many battles I do, where I place everybody, they don't get the effect.

Mia.Skye

Rank 0
Mia.Skye
PostedDec 30, 2012 1:34 am
Actually I'm starting to believe that cannons affect the actual attack as opposed to cover fire, because if I'm not mistaken, brawls in the story mode are not affected by cover fire, yet skills that impart cannon bonuses activate with tangible effect.

On a side note, I think Immortal Dragon Elderage is rigged against me... I bring my own Aware Patricia, call assist for another Aware Patricia, and Holystone activates on neither...

RephinEX

Rank 0
RephinEX
PostedDec 30, 2012 9:31 am
I'm trying to crunch these numbers at different angles and none of them make any sense at all. ;/

[Eclipse of AngelWing] Pirate Maidens - Putting the CURVY in SCURVY!

RephinEX

Rank 0
RephinEX
PostedJan 02, 2013 7:22 am
So let's add another piece to this puzzle.

Apparently, when the card has a skill that specifies the target of the Cannons, like "Bounty Hunter" or "Corsair", it ACTUALLY means the Nation which those classes are associated with.

Corsair is Bellator
Gypsy is Sanctus
Bounty Hunter is Maquina

The reason I say this is because I've been experimenting with attack teams lately, and came across something interesting. I used an all-Maquina attack team consisting of:

Shore Driven Lael (Bounty Hunter, Maquina)
Skill: Catch a Tartar - Bounty Hunter ATK+ 2 Cannons

Expert Engineer Dharma (Bounty Hunter, Maquina)
Skill: Transom - Bounty Hunter ATK+ 1 Cannon

Cyborg Zola (Bounty Hunter, Maquina)
Skill: Revenge - Bounty Hunter ATK+ 2 Cannons

Andred the Victorious (Corsair, Maquina)
Skill: Rope's End - All ATK+ 1 Cannon

Sniper Cecil (Bounty Hunter, Maquina)
Skill: NONE

Now, Andred the Victorious is the odd girl out in this formation for being the only Corsair here. But every time I attack someone, one or two of the three "Bounty Hunter"-only skills has latched on to her even though she's a Corsair. I can only attribute that to the fact that she's from the Bounty Hunter nation. Furthering this theory, has anyone had Holystone or some other Gypsy ATK buff work on their Gypsy Faires? I know it hasn't worked for me at all.

Anyone else experience the same? Let's crack this one.

On a side note, these skills are for real. This attack team has a total ATK of 27736, but I have consistently had a final ATK total of 43000+ when all the skills activate (which is easy, considering they're all at the max combo level of 200). I still don't know the math behind it though. ;/