Nakkuru

Rank 0
Nakkuru
PostedDec 31, 2012 10:49 am

This is my first bata test.

Someone who has done bata before please answer
Hi This was the fist time I have been ina bata test. I am guessing close bata is only a few people and open bata is everyone? So I have a few noob questions.

Do the people who participate in close bata get anything like to keep their character name or a special mount on anything cool?

Is there any clue as to how long the average game takes from closed bata to open bata?

Do companies notify the close bata testers in advance before starting open bata? How do we know when it starts? Do we get an email of just have to check everyday?

So what is open bata? Sorry it is a total NOOB question but I really don't understand the difference between open and closed bata as this is the first time I have done this.

Finally what happens at the end of open bata and how long does it normally take?

Ok no more noob stuff from me for the moment.
Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedDec 31, 2012 11:17 am

Re: This is my first bata test.

Someone who has done bata before please answer
Nakkuru wrote:
Hi This was the fist time I have been ina bata test. I am guessing close bata is only a few people and open bata is everyone? So I have a few noob questions.

Do the people who participate in close bata get anything like to keep their character name or a special mount on anything cool?

Is there any clue as to how long the average game takes from closed bata to open bata?

Do companies notify the close bata testers in advance before starting open bata? How do we know when it starts? Do we get an email of just have to check everyday?

So what is open bata? Sorry it is a total NOOB question but I really don't understand the difference between open and closed bata as this is the first time I have done this.

Finally what happens at the end of open bata and how long does it normally take?

Ok no more noob stuff from me for the moment.  

If you had a Lv30 Character in Closed Beta, you receive a Pet for lifetime (I was told so).
Yes, everything is wiped, so you lose all your Characters.
Yes, GMs will announce the Open Beta here on the Forums.
The difference between Open and Closed Beta is that Open, obviously, is open for everyone, while only people with Beta Keys could attend the Closed Beta.

I hope I answered all of your questions.

Gildarz_Raizen

Rank 0
Gildarz_Raizen
PostedDec 31, 2012 11:33 am
Ooooook..... First of all it's...BETA, not bata nor bota or whatever you could say. It comes from the second greek letter for identifying a certain stage of development. let's put away etymology now.
Generally a closed beta is restricted to a limited number of partecipants, while open beta is for everyone who wishes to join the test.
Even if it was marked as a closed beta, it was clearly open, 'cause you didn't need any kind of invitation to partecipate. That being said, for the next beta release,you just need to download the client, log in and play. No invitation needed, no deal with the devil required.
Thank you, come again.

King.Pin.

Rank 0
King.Pin.
PostedDec 31, 2012 2:04 pm
Gildarz_Raizen wrote:
Ooooook..... First of all it's...BETA, not bata nor bota or whatever you could say. It comes from the second greek letter for identifying a certain stage of development. let's put away etymology now.
Generally a closed beta is restricted to a limited number of partecipants, while open beta is for everyone who wishes to join the test.
Even if it was marked as a closed beta, it was clearly open, 'cause you didn't need any kind of invitation to partecipate. That being said, for the next beta release,you just need to download the client, log in and play. No invitation needed, no deal with the devil required.
Thank you, come again.  

lol thank you for the quick lession in etymology was much needed Smile

Gildarz_Raizen

Rank 0
Gildarz_Raizen
PostedDec 31, 2012 4:03 pm
You're welcome bro.

johnduca

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2012 4:57 pm
DK team we waited 1 year....WHEN.IT.WILL.BE.RELEASED.?. Wink)

Python834

Rank 0
Python834
PostedJan 03, 2013 6:25 pm

:(

anyone know when open beta will be here? i was signed up for closed beta and then my comp broke before i could play it lol so i got this new one and wondered when it will be open again Sad