Week 8 Entry:
Three Bears (More commonly known as Goldilocks)
LEGEND OF THE ALPACA KNIGHT
Chapter 1: The Girl and Her Duty
Lily hastily walked up the steps and into the Curia Library. Lily sighed in relief as she closed her sakura umbrella. Shaking off the rain from her boots, she carefully scanned her surrounding. The welcoming atmosphere was filled with the scent of cinnamon and aged books. This made Lily feel warm and cozy on the inside and the rain not so much of an issue anymore. She shook her head to snap out of the trance.
- “I didn’t come here to play around.” Lily said to herself as she approached the librarian.
The librarian was an old-aged frog by the name of Conan. His knowledge is praised by the citizens all over Aven. Rumors have it that he was one of the top strategists during the last Great War.
- “Excuse me.” Lily said to Conan.
- “How may I help you girl?” replied Conan, staring at the girl with straight jet black hair and amber pupils.
- “My mother told me that the library contains the legend of the first Alpaca Knight.” stated Lily.
- “Ah yes! You must be the next generation.” Conan exclaimed with a smile.
- “I’ve been awaiting your arrival, chosen one. Follow me” Conan gesturing his hand telling Lily to follow.
The two went to a dimly lighted section at the back of the library. The books here seemed as if no one touched them in ages. Conan searched through the bookshelf and pulled out one of the books with his finger. He handed the dusty book to Lily.
- “This here, is the story of your great grandfather and his accomplishments as the first Alpaca Knight. I must return to my post now, tell me if you need any more assistance chosen one.” Conan stated, walking away.
Lily bowed to the librarian in gratitude and found an empty table to read. She gently blew the thin sheet of dust off the cover of the book with her ruby lips. The words Legend of the Alpaca Knight were engraved onto the cover.
- “Please tell me great grandfather, what my duty is as the next generation Alpaca Knight.” Lily said in her mind as she opened the book and started to read the first page.
Chapter 2: The Legend
It was another beautiful day in Aven. The Great War has just ended and the races are coming together in hopes to bring about peace to the continent. A youthful man with short jet black hair and amber was sitting on a bench staring at the sea. Behind the man approached a person around the same age. This person was his childhood friend with curly blonde hair and skin pale as snow. Her beauty made her seem like a deity.
- “What do you think you are doing, just relaxing over there all by yourself Markus?” the girl exclaimed.
Unaware of the girl’s presence, Markus jumped off the bench startled, and turned around.
- “Hey Keka, don’t scare me like that. I’m going to have a heart attack one day thanks to you.” Markus replied.
Keka shook her head in disapproval at the lame joke and grabbed Markus by his arm.
- “I’m pretty sure you would be a great help to the Ursuns trying to finish up the roof of the church.” Keka said, dragging Markus along.
- “Hey stop it Keka, I’m not going anywh-“
Markus was interrupted by a sudden scream from the warp portal. A mysterious creature with sheep-like fur came barging through the portal and collapsed in front of the two friends. Keka and Markus stared at each other in bewilderment.
- “Help… us…” cried the beast.
The creature was taken to a nearby medical center ran by Anurans. After receiving treatment, the creature settled down from his state of shock to tell his story.
- “Hello, my name is Riff of the 2nd Alpaca Army Division.” Riff said in an exhausted tone to Keka and Markus.
- “Hello Riff, I’m Keka and this is Mar-”
- “Call me Hero” replied Markus, cutting Keka off.
Keka jabbed Markus on the arm and Markus let out a howl. Riff smiled at the relationship between the two and quickly frowned again.
- “A hero huh…” Riff chuckled. “We could use one of those right about now…”
Both Keka and Markus stopped fooling around and listened seriously to what Riff had to say. Riff explained to the two that shortly after the Great War ended, the Alpaca race was plagued by a new evil. This evil scattered their race all over the continent in various new dimensions. The Alpaca prophecy foretold that only a hero in shining armor would be able to save their race.
- “Surely we can do something to help them.” Keka looked at Markus.
- “Just when I thought I could get some relax time.” Markus groaned.
Markus and Keka revealed their true identity to Riff. They were part of the Holy Knight Militia as Captain and Co-captain of the 3rd battalion during the Great War.
- “Don’t worry, he might not look like it, but our captain here is a sturdy fellow.” said Keka, smiling at the worried alpaca.
- “But... only the hero can defe-…” exclaimed Riff.
- “What are you worrying about?” asked Markus. “We’re going to save your race and that’s all that matters.” said Markus, grinning from ear to ear.
The three agreed to meet up by the warp portal in 1 solar hour. When the three of them saw each other again, Riff’s jaws were hanging. The shield and armor Markus had on was like an exact replica of what the prophecy showed. A silver plate mail with a wooden shield with an alpaca crest on it displayed the hero of the Alpaca Kingdom.
- “Hey now that I think about it… doesn’t your shield’s crest look like Riff?” asked Keka.
Riff immediately bowed down in front of Markus.
- “Hey hey now, what’s the big deal?” asked Markus embarrassed, gesturing Riff to get up.
- “You are the chosen one, the one who will save our kingdom, the Alpaca Knight.” Riff said humbly in tears.
- “Now now…” said Keka helping Riff to his feet. “We’ll save your kingdom and make sure your people are safe.”
The three set off on their adventure ready to fight the evil ahead of them…
Chapter 3: Determination
- “Hey, wake up” Conan said, lightly shaking Lily’s shoulder.
The drool from Lily’s face was starting to drip down onto the book.
- “Uhhh…” groaned Lily rubbing her face.
Lily shot up from the book and looked at Conan, then at the book, then at Conan, and again at the book. Blinking, she started to giggle.
- “I get it now!” exclaimed Lily.
She thanked Conan for everything and stepped outside the library. The rain has just ceased and sun’s rays permeated through the clouds. Lily walked down the steps with pride, holding onto the knowledge of what her great grandfather had accomplished during his journey. She vowed to follow his footsteps and protect this new generation of Alpacas from the upcoming evils. Skipping down the streets of Aven, she bumped into a stranger.
- “Ouch! Sorry mister-…” said Lily, rubbing her head.
Lily looked at the creature. This creature was an alpaca with fur the color of her hair and a rather expensive looking crown on his head. Streaks of yellow gleamed from his body. The royal alpaca nodded at her accepting her apology and continued towards the direction of the library. Another alpaca behind him bowed to Lily and followed the royal alpaca.
- “What an odd bunch…” Lily thought in her head. “Maybe I will help them one day…” Lily giggled, continuing to skip home to tell her new found knowledge to everyone she knew.