Eirin.Yagokoro

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2012 5:00 pm

[Help!] Utilizing an early PvP (A little bit of PvE) Sage

So, I am planning to build a PvP sage, with a PvE type mixed in for grinding and dungeons.And so, I am in need of help on properly utilizing this kind of build, starting on level 31.

Here are the questions :

~Which one? Hammer or staff?

~Should I go for Sprite set or Legacy set?

~Skills to put into my 1~0 bar for ease of use and combo.

~Talent combos to use :

~Suppose there's already a selection of a specific weapon(Hammer or staff), What weapon should I focus on?

~Stats on the weapons, armor and accessories to consider.

~When I reach level 45, what mastery should I get?

I think that's all I want to know.If you want to add more, then feel free.

Thanks!
Advertisement

The.Mayor.

Rank 1
The.Mayor.
PostedDec 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: [Help!] Utilizing an early PvP (A little bit of PvE) Sage

~Which one? Hammer or staff? Hammer.

~Should I go for Sprite set or Legacy set? Legacy.

~Skills to put into my 1~0 bar for ease of use and combo. Typical wolf skills, ape and the -hit rate debuff, bird and the bird heal, the root skill and the aoe dizziness.

~Talent combos to use: Scholar of Word for pvp when there's a lot of evade users; King of the Jungle when against a lot of magic users; Holy Fudge when you want to go glass cannon with 2h hammer; Trainer of Willpower when you need to be tanky.

~Suppose there's already a selection of a specific weapon(Hammer or staff), What weapon should I focus on? If you stick to 40 use 2 Blue Hammers or 1 Blue Hammer and Lv 28 Orange Stasis One; at 50 the yellow 1h 50 Hammer and the orange version; at 60 50 Yellow 1h Hammer with the orange version or the 58 Orange Hammer that gives 100% crit rate.

~Stats on the weapons, armor and accessories to consider. Vitality Stones, Agility or Strenght, depends on what form you focus more so Strenght/Agility = Wolf , Strenght/Vit = Bird and Ape.

~When I reach level 45, what mastery should I get? -Dmg Taken % and the Wolf Crit Rate IMO.

I advice you to focus on wolf since Bird and Ape Form before Mystic/Shaman aren't that great.

KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedJan 02, 2013 3:28 am

Re: [Help!] Utilizing an early PvP (A little bit of PvE) Sage

The.Mayor. wrote:

~Talent combos to use: Scholar of Word for pvp when there's a lot of evade users; King of the Jungle when against a lot of magic users; Holy Fudge when you want to go glass cannon with 2h hammer; Trainer of Willpower when you need to be tanky.

I agree with just about everything said, especially this gem I underlined. Actually I tend to stick with scholar of the holy word due to an abundance of sin/DS on Quill and stun's usefulness in general. That is, until I find out the entire enemy team is composed of mage branch or something like that.

Last comment. Don't overly focus on 40 unless you plan to stick around a while. It goes by fast. The only reason to stay is pvp and there's a whole lot of toons out there with a higher lvld main funding them. Personally, I only really got into pvp at 70, a lvl where I had access to MOs and other money making means.