Magicmight

Rank 0
Magicmight
PostedDec 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Return

Character Customization
Hi, I've played Shaiya from way back...
I decided to check on the improvement of the game just for the heck of it. Not knowing what I really wanted to do, I established to make a new toon. And, after I selected a name for my character, I recall the next phase would be picking out my visual appearance of my guy, only to realize that I was sent straight into the game.

So, I ask: What happen to the character customization during creation? Was it changed that you buy your look within the game or was it removed entirely? Apologize that this may be old news, but I haven't been around Shaiya for awhile and I don't see any indication whether or not that the default look is what new players must accustom to from now on.
Advertisement

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedDec 30, 2012 12:03 am
Don't know if its a bug or not, but when you create a new character you get stuck with a default look now. Only way to change it is buy an Appearance Change Scroll from In game Item mall, Web Item Mall, or from AH or a Player.

Magicmight

Rank 0
Magicmight
PostedDec 30, 2012 12:09 am
Ah okay, do you know how long it has been like that?

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedDec 30, 2012 12:11 am
Magicmight wrote:
Ah okay, do you know how long it has been like that?  

About a week now give or take. So pretty recent.

JohnytheGod

Rank 3
JohnytheGod
PostedDec 30, 2012 1:33 am
Well i think that AGE took it out entirely when they placed Christmas Patch in... As a result we don't have a Character Customization And If you want to change your guy look There are plenty of Apperances Change Scrolls in In game mall... Item Mall in AH or buy it from Player...
/ninjas Lyyrian

Frozenfever

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2012 2:06 am
Oh look, something else that used to be free that got taken out to be replaced with 'ap only'.

Thanks Nexon, I'm sure AGE love you!

Avitra

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2012 2:15 am
Frozenfever wrote:
Thanks Nexon, I'm sure AGE love you!  

Note that it was Nexon that did this, not AGE (for once >.<). And while Nexon/AGE do have a myriad of other bugs/failures to deal with (ie AGE phoning up Nexon and going "wtf man? why did u do this to our game -.-? fix it >.<" I do hope at some point we can have our limited character customisation back. Not holding my breath though :/

QQ just realised, with the bug with helmets, I can't even hide my new toons fugliness T.T

JohnytheGod

Rank 3
JohnytheGod
PostedDec 30, 2012 2:22 am

QQ just realised, with the bug with helmets, I can't even hide my new toons fugliness T.T  

Toon name Pl0x? Are you a Fury? :O

Mehrvigne

GameSage: Shaiya
Mehrvigne
PostedDec 30, 2012 2:26 am
I want to be able to pick my new toon's look. Sad even if it is only limited options. Players want a little bit of customization. I'm a player. I want it.

Maybe if we're lucky when the christmas patch gets removed, so will our inability to customize our characters' looks.

Sig by TenshiMari<3

styfz

Rank 1
styfz
PostedDec 30, 2012 2:41 am
yeah, cuz at least in fury side the default haircuts suck... and I can't make my toon tiny to be a pain to click on