shieldtox

Rank 1
PostedDec 29, 2012 8:41 am

raiding oppsite fraction

need some clear thought that confuse me
Punishments include the possible removal of items, kills and or stats from your account, temporary and even a permanent game suspension.
1) Raiding The Opposite Faction’s Base is not allowed!!!!.
A) Exceptions
-Lifted temporarily by a Game Master for an event.
Ruling: You are not allowed to enter the opposing faction’s base. A Base is considered the location around a faction’s NPC, near the entrance portal or inside the protective barriers (Such as those in Stable Erde (“Jungle”) and Deep Desert). While Veils are not technically bases, they should be treated as such as many times there will be a Wall around the area, such as Karis and Raigo Castle’s Inner Wall found in D-Water.
For Stable Erde (Jungle) you may not pass the guards in front of the enemy faction’s veil.

this is what been stated at this post
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1590835

from my understanding that..
for example..if im standing behind the guard at dino.. i been killed by a hunter..does this means that he not against the rules?since he did not pass the guard but manage to kill me behind the guard?

does this mean long range class has some advantage with this rule?
or the rules apply raiding and killing behind the guard?

can someone explain to me..thanks
Advertisement

JohnytheGod

Rank 3
JohnytheGod
PostedDec 29, 2012 12:07 pm
Well Since the rule says NOT to pass the guards and since the hunter killed you While not passing the guards then there is nothing illegal in it So There is an advantage for the Ranged Classes...

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedDec 29, 2012 12:12 pm
At least the way I have always regarded the rules concerning the Dino guards - and was told that they were to be applied while I was a GS, was that no PvP-ing should take place behind them. This would of course include killing at a distance.

That said, there are a couple of gray areas. For one, the guards move around. One is if you have been chased by enemies and JUST made it past the imaginary line when someone got the drop on you with a ranged attack. Due to the fact that no two players will see the exact things happening on their screen at the exact same time, the opponent might claim with full sincerity that you were on the PvP side of the line as it happened.

Another area is attacking with AoE skills on players just outside the line. This is something the attacking players are usually aware of, though. But should be reported even so if a player inside the line is killed in this way.

For the sake of argument, say that you had been standing right behind the guard line for a while. This should have made it obvious you were not a legal target, and a report on the player killing you would be in order.

Now, do keep in mind that even if you are in a supposedly 'safe' spot, you are ALSO in a PvP map. While the rules of the map prohibit killing you in certain areas, the rules by themselves by no means makes your continued survival in those areas a certainty. If you park a toon in a PvP map, you better make sure you have some safeguards running. As recent experiences players have had of late, UMs deleted due to dying in similar situations, cannot be expected to be restored for free by the GMs.

As for the actions Aeria will take against the player, you will never know, except through conspicuous absence (24 hours and upwards) or visible loss of rank. The actions taken will be based on whether this is a repeat offense, and whether 'baiting' was in play or not. What happened to the dead toon due to the killing will not have any effect on the punishment (if any) of the offender.

/ninjaed by JohnytheGod

No, the guards are not meant to give ranged classes an advantage. It is a no kill line on par with the gates and barriers of any PvP map base being one as well.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

JohnytheGod

Rank 3
JohnytheGod
PostedDec 29, 2012 12:34 pm
No no no no you misunderstood me billdoor... I mean that When A player of UoF Sits RIGHT BEHIND the guard line and then an archer comes and kills him Without passing the guards and does nothing No that gives an advantage for the ranged classes since Melee classes MUST pass the guards and kill their target which is illegal...

shieldtox

Rank 1
PostedDec 29, 2012 1:34 pm
2 diff answer but make sense both answer.
maybe i should stay very far inside.instead standing just behind the guard to see whether the oppsite fraction is gone or not..lol

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedDec 29, 2012 2:22 pm
JohnytheGod wrote:
No no no no you misunderstood me billdoor... I mean that When A player of UoF Sits RIGHT BEHIND the guard line and then an archer comes and kills him Without passing the guards and does nothing No that gives an advantage for the ranged classes since Melee classes MUST pass the guards and kill their target which is illegal...  

Well, I am just stating the take I was given while a GS, that any kill behind the guards in Dino, regardless of the killer being a melee or ranged class, is considered illegal. After all, such a rule would be meaningless if the ranged classes were free to kill in an area the melee classes aren't, even if it is a very narrow area (right behind the guards). Then again, rules that don't make much sense are rather rife around here.

mumsiesdelight

GameSage: Shaiya
mumsiesdelight
PostedDec 29, 2012 6:14 pm
The Rules for PvP are here

If you are in doubt please send a ticket and the GM's will be glad to answer you question.

Hope this helps.

demoman11

Rank 0
demoman11
PostedDec 29, 2012 6:20 pm
Random comment.

I saw a Pagan the other day just chilling behind the throne in the throne room at Karis Castle...and of course I killed him but that's beside the point.

How did he get there 0.0?

Posted By Aeria Mobile

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedDec 29, 2012 6:32 pm
mumsiesdelight wrote:
The Rules for PvP are here

If you are in doubt please send a ticket and the GM's will be glad to answer you question.

Hope this helps.  

Just a shame that when people actually ask for a clarification that a lot of other people would benefit from knowing, pointing to the rules is redundant as those are the ones they want clarified. And a ticket to the GMs will only result in communication between the one player asking and the GMs, rather than informing the community as a whole, assuming that the player is actually given a clarification and isn't pointed to the rules by the GMs as well without further comment. Which I think highly likely.

Kafka, anyone?