Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
PostedDec 28, 2012 4:14 pm
I have it, and I do not have ignite, I only use Avyn's alternate download rather then official DL. *smiles* Since Super says is supposed to be there I will leave it, unless I learn anything negative about it.

Advertisement

vauxhall_vara

Rank 0
PostedDec 28, 2012 4:18 pm
Superman0X wrote:
APex is a security/hack detection software. It was added in one of the recent patches, and is legitimate.  

why then Malwarebyes blocks access to that web address sexymarcus69 had on his post (5th post on page 2) ?

the odd folder i mentioned was located inside Screenshots folder, that was 1st sign for me to get suspicious on that PC ( on another PC atm)

my Shaiya install was past-EP5 patching, and i don't remember that folder been there after clean installation...

I sent those 2 .sys files to Avira for research but no reply yet, and i'd appreciate if Superman0X or another GM would tell me how my account had gotten taken over, i didn't get (at least yet) explanation, just i got required links to change password

and thank you for recovering my account Smile

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
PostedDec 28, 2012 6:49 pm
Superman0X wrote:
APex is a security/hack detection software. It was added in one of the recent patches, and is legitimate.  

just wondering then....why didnt EVERYONE get it installed??? i have had shaiya on this pc since i first bought it and on my second pc little less then a year... nether of them have this "patch" installed into my shaiya folder or any other folder for that matter....why for "hack detection security..." when not everyone even got it put in their system anyway? what...just a random number of ppl had this put on their pc's? how is THAT gonna help ATALL?? and for it to be removable makes it kindda funny on its own...anyway....thanks for the update as to its lagitimacy *bows*

Ironwood.Oak

Rank 0
Ironwood.Oak
PostedDec 29, 2012 8:47 am
Superman0X wrote:

Looks legitimate, here is APEX EN website: http://www.apexanti.com/en/Company7.asp which shows Aeria as a customer.
Home page: http://www.apexanti.com/en/index.asp

It looks like it might be the first stage of some sort of data protection for us but it is not clear which apex product is in use with these files, or the purpose of what has been placed on some of our computers without our knowledge.

I feel like I am being spied on....