Maithly

Rank 0
Maithly
PostedDec 28, 2012 2:43 am

Fixed Cast Speed vs. Proc on Trophies

So I've got 4 trophies for healing and two add on around 71 cast speed as a fixed stat while two others have a 5% chance to add on around 222 or 231 cast speed (I'm in the 50s, so if you know the actual trophies, great.) I've got two trophy enchants for heals sitting in my bag taking up valuable space so... personally, which would be better to heal with? The two fixed or two with procs? Or should I go with a combination? Based on experience with different classes, mage/heals tend to activate procs less and melee/ranged/tank tend to activate procs more often... or maybe that's just me. Not sure.

Any advice? Very Happy (and if I used "proc" wrong, my bad. I've always been a nub when it comes to terminology.)

^ Look who screwed up their signature quality and overestimated the size :D whoops I'll get around to fixing it -mutters-
Advertisement

Hahahahaa1313

Rank 0
PostedDec 28, 2012 3:07 am
Hm, I haven't played the game in many months (because of reasons I'm not allowed to say - I'm not a rule breaker... Wink) but.

Okay, you have the two procs, right? That's 140 cast speed vs roughly 450 procced. Now, take in to consideration the amount of members in your party (I assume you're healing). If there's only 1 or 2 people, you're going to have a hard time "proccing" these items. In that case the 140 cast speed is better. Where as if you have 5 or 8... or even 10 (is that released yet?) parties, the cast speed procs should be up almost all of the time, meaning they're a lot better. Smile

Personally, I'd go with the procs no matter what.

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedDec 28, 2012 3:21 am
I'd agree with the above poster. Base cast speed is always nice to have, but if you're healing for a full party, one or two heal aoe's should be enough to proc your items right away. Then, the cast speed procs would be better if all you want is cast speed.

Maithly

Rank 0
Maithly
PostedDec 28, 2012 6:24 pm
Thank you for the replies! I was thinking mostly of healing for trials, so yes, around 5-8 people. It'd be nice if I could solo heal sooner or later but... eh. And the thing is, the two with procs add on wisdom and decrease mana costs put together but the two with fixed cast speed also do the same, not to mention increasing healing spells + holy resis + 5% chance to increase MP/HP and all, so better stats on the ones with fixed cast speed in general. I guess it's just a matter of preference now, really.

^ Look who screwed up their signature quality and overestimated the size :D whoops I'll get around to fixing it -mutters-