Element.Ag

Rank 0
Element.Ag
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:55 am

Assault Machine Poison

Guys, I have a question. How do I nullify or lessen the effects of assault machine poison?

The issue is this. I'm a Warlord and its beginning to get to the point where Darkstalkers AOE dizzy me and set an Assault machine that takes out a ridiculously large amount of HP throughout the duration of the dizzy(about 900+ per tick). They also do all sorts of things to stack on poison, and make sure I stay within the proximity of the thing for as long as possible (those tactics I will not mention here).

Usually, I still win such battles even if its a good and very tanky Darkstalker, but this is still a problem. I have absolutely no way to stop myself from getting poisoned. Often times the poison can even kill me long after they've died and in HoJ I've killed one then died afterwards and lost the second match because of this. Its even worse in arena where they have teammates coming to their aid.

So since I seemingly have no possible way to defend against being poisoned since WL lacks anti-stun at 70 and there is no reliable way to detect stealthers, what can I do to lessen or mitigate the damage of the poison?
Advertisement

The.Mayor.

Rank 1
The.Mayor.
PostedDec 28, 2012 10:01 am
Unfortenly there isn't much you can do except hope that your sleep hammer procs when they cast that AoE dizziness skill

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedDec 28, 2012 10:30 am
You'll just have to try to kill the bit as soon as you can.

TheWizardBlade

Rank 1
TheWizardBlade
PostedDec 28, 2012 11:01 am
When stunned used the 70 Sleep hammer and 65 Shield.

Element.Ag

Rank 0
Element.Ag
PostedDec 28, 2012 11:48 am
TheWizardBlade wrote:
When stunned used the 70 Sleep hammer and 65 Shield.  

Can't switch equips while stunned. Sad

Zen_Hikari

Rank 2
Zen_Hikari
PostedDec 28, 2012 12:02 pm
Thing is EXTREAMLY overpowered ._. 1k+ untantable true damage per tick? GJ deves.

Level 41 Paladin, RIP The Burning Templar. Zennin Level 71 Templar, RIP

dx0520

Rank 3
dx0520
PostedDec 28, 2012 2:10 pm
Zen_Hikari wrote:
Thing is EXTREAMLY overpowered ._. 1k+ untantable true damage per tick? GJ deves.  

Yes, curse the devs for making every other skill a DS/WS has that deals little to no damage at all to most, if not all, other classes.

Poison and bit is the equalizer, and we still die more often than not.

The.Mayor.

Rank 1
The.Mayor.
PostedDec 28, 2012 4:26 pm
dx0520 wrote:
Zen_Hikari wrote:

Yes, curse the devs for making every other skill a DS/WS has that deals little to no damage at all to most, if not all, other classes.

Poison and bit is the equalizer, and we still die more often than not.  

I don't have like a huge problem with bits, maybe because my class can have anti-stun or maybe I'm just too focused on trying to get rid of something else lmao *cough WS Ultimate.

KurysFlame

Rank 3
KurysFlame
PostedJan 02, 2013 3:50 am
A little late to post, but would Realm of Eternity work? I know it won't help so much in the first encounter until the DS starts whacking at yah, but it might help a bit.... Other than that, leech what you can and use recovery I guess. My class is mystic and while bits are a pain, it's never the deciding factor. Perhaps because I can heal after battles, or more likely because my current low def means a decent DS doesn't need a bit to beat me.

"Radical Edward's profile is a seven foot tall ex-basketball pro Hindu guru drag-queen alien." ―Jet Black

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJan 02, 2013 5:34 am
KurysFlame wrote:
A little late to post, but would Realm of Eternity work?  

Unless you move out of range from the bit, curing it has a limited effect. As soon as you cure it through the shield or through a skill, it will be back again pretty soon. Killing it would be the best way to avoid the DoT.