Would you care for this dance?
Full Image here
Thanks to xXxEmperorxXx for taking his time to lend me a hand
Challenge: The Winter Ball
“The time for the Winter Ball draws closer.”
“I’ve always wanted to go to one. Considering that I can’t even play the part of a beautiful girl, the ones with the pretty dresses and the fanciest of hair, like the ones you would see on posters, why would I even bother?”
It’s funny, because when I said these words, I wasn’t expecting anything at all.
I was cleaning my residential home in my Guild Town, as usual before I go training, but I was just plain sad. I really wanted to go to the Winter Ball and meet the man I would like to couple with, but with no pretty Prime outfits, I would look ridiculous. I cleaned the chimney with a duster, when I heard a knock on the door. Curious I jog quickly to the door and opened it. There stood a young man with a small letter on his hand.
– Excuse me, – said the man, – is your name Selesnya?
– Umm, yes, – I replied, – Can I help you?
– Why, yes indeed.
He opens the note and begins to read.
– “You are cordially invited to the 168th annual Eden Winter Ball, hosted by the Grand Master of Eden, Pizza. The event starts approximately in 20:00 hours tomorrow, on Christmas Eve. The dress code is formal. It would be of great honor if you would attend.
Yours truly, Game Master Exia”
I just stood there, pondering on what I should say or do.
– Ahem, – said the man, – Will you attend?
– Oh! - I said to him, a little disoriented, – Yes, I will!
– Great! Then we will see you tomorrow!
He politely salutes, smiles, and marches off to the next lucky person that got an invite. That’s funny… Only the popular kids get invites to the Winter Ball. How is it that I got one this year? I couldn’t go anyway, so why bother.
I decided to go to Aven the next day since I had to buy some supplies. I was running low on potions, as usual. Clerics can’t really ease up on those MP potions unless there’s an Illusionist around, but since I’m a lone wolf, I had to do things the hard way. Reaching the potion stand next to the weapons dealer, I noticed that someone was staring at me.
It looked like a halfkin, but this little one was pretty. His emerald eyes glistened as the sun shined on him majestically, as if he was some sort of god or something. His creamy skin looked soft and silky, as if a caramel just attached itself to him. As I kept looking at intently, he smiled at me. I turned away in a heartbeat and blushed insanely. The dealer of the potion stand was just staring at me curiously.
– Hey, hey, – said the dealer, – he seems to be catching your fancy, eh?
– Ummm…– I just expressed, –…Who is he?
– That boy, he’d be named SilvanShowdon, yes he is. We also call him Silvan, for short. One of them top peoples, I think. He’d be looking for a couple. Usually on the Winter Ball, but boy, all he gets are those “wild girls” chasing him. He wants one of these classy ladies, but finding one is a pain in the fanny.
– That hard for him? But he’s good looking.
– Yep, he is. But again, he wants a nice lady, not one of them loonies. You know the nubs?
– Yeah, I get what you mean.
– Yes. That’s why he’s kind of forever alone at the moment.
When I turned back to see him, he was nowhere to be seen. I wonder where he went. But I got lost in my transition, so I snapped back to reality, bought the potions that I needed, and went on to my merry little way.
Two hours remained for the Winter Ball to begin. I was just staring at Sakura Island, since I could see it from my room, all glowing and full of festivities. I could hear the laughter from my seat. I was just reading a book, depressed. I heard very loud knocks on the door, as if someone wanted to knock down on my door. I slowly went to the door, with my sword in my hand, and instantly opened the door. But no one was there. Confused, I stepped outside, only to find a Zumi running around nearby my room. It started to wave its hands in his direction, as if inviting me to follow him. Curious as I was, I closed my door with a lock and proceeded to follow the Zumi.
It seems that it was leading me to a pumpkin patch. He ran directly to an individual that was standing next to the pumpkin that I was taking care of.
– Do ho ho! – Said the man, cheerfully and dancing with the Zumi, – You seem more beautiful as my servant has claimed!
I scratched my head, confused.
– Who? Me? No, not at all, – I told him, – and who might you be?
– Me? Why I’m the most whimsical of the Game Masters! You may refer to me as Pizza!
– Oh! Wait… Aren’t you supposed to be in the Winter Ball already?
– Why, yes indeed! But you see, I grant wishes to those Eternal Guardians that wish hard enough… And I heard your wish!
– Umm, I didn’t wish for—
– Yes you did my dear! Now don’t be shy and watch me work my stuff! Do ho ho!
As if out of nowhere, Pizza began to twirl and dance around the Zumi and touched his forehead. He was surrounded by an enshrouding mist. As the mist subsided, the Zumi, instead of having the beat-up tank top and the dirty, brushed up jeans, he now had a musketeer hat, an elegant tailcoat and some thigh high boots. I was amazed on how he can just transform living beings with just the tip of his fingers!
– Do ho ho! – Laughed Pizza, – I’m not done yet? You see this adorable pumpkin?
Pizza twirled and danced his heart out, surrounding my pumpkin now. With his magical fingers, he forms a circle on it.
– Now my dear! Watch this! Stand back! Do ho ho!
As I began walking backwards, the pumpkin began to glow. Suddenly, the pumpkin turns into a humongous form, with wheels on its four corners. A little mount on the front side of the pumpkin and two tiny pumpkin lanterns on the back side. The Zumi volunteered on sitting at the front, grabbing the rope that was attached to a Forest Sprite, as if guiding the sprite.
– TADA! – Pizza exclaimed in joy.
I just stood my ground, amazed on the magnificent pumpkin carriage that now stood in front of me.
– Do ho ho! But I’m missing the most important person of the night! The shining star that shall ride this gorgeous carriage!
– And who might that be? – I asked curiously.
– Why YOU, silly nilly!
– Me? Oh no, no, n---
Without letting me finish, he unleashes a mist, surrounding my entire flesh, embracing me with its cold, chilly might. I couldn’t fight it off; it was freezing and spinning so much that I could barely blink or think. As the mist began subside once again, I finally stopped spinning, only to realize that my hair was tied in an elegant ponytail. I had beautiful hoops earrings, and my dress was that of a Magical Princess, a lovely light grey with red velvet ribbons and laces on it. I loved my boots; they were light grey, about to reach my knees, and had red velvet laces on it, too. I wanted to cry so much, but I held my tears inside.
– Pizza! I don’t know to thank you! – I happily replied.
– No need my dear! – He exclaimed, – for I am the granter of wishes! Do ho ho! Now go out there and be the star of the show!
I hugged Pizza much like a child hugs her teddy bear; hard, with lots of joy and sweetness in my heart. I quickly mounted the pumpkin carriage and told the Zumi my destination.
– To Sakura Island! – I exclaimed, – To the Winter Ball!
The Zumi, whipping the rope, causes the Forest Sprite to advance forward, reaching the portal to Aven.
After much traveling, I reached Sakura Island. The island was filled with white clothed tables, many cream filled chairs, and many beautiful people. They all suddenly stared at the lone pumpkin that appeared from the entrance.
I gracefully exited the carriage, slowly but confidently. All eyes were on me, I realized. I smiled politely and began marching towards the crowd. As I was advancing, Silvan approached me as if from nowhere.
– Didn’t I see you somewhere before? – He asked.
– Hmm. Maybe you did, – I said, teasing him, – maybe you didn’t.
Waltz style music began to play on the background.
– I like this song. May I have the honor of this dance with you?
I began to blush.
– Of course you may, good sir.
Let the Winter Ball begin!