FairyJack

Rank 0
BoredOutOfMyMind, Minnesota United States
PostedDec 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Aeria Ingnite fails once again

Ignite wont install
so this isnt really SUPER IMPORTANT because i can still play my games without ignite but i would really like access to the free loot box. . . . anyways the problem is i tried to install aeria ignite and when the .NET framework client profile box pops up (hit accept) it starts installing then it says it encountered an error and will rollback then it says rolling back then setup fail (only button to press is okay) then the ignite installer just cancels out ive tried many times to get it to work and tried lookin on google for some answers but it doesnt give an error code so after 4 hours of sifting through all possible errors .NET framework has ever had i found nothing that matched my issues i tried just re-downloading it thinking maybe it didnt download properly the first time but got the same message. . . . help?

Jack drinks Jack
Advertisement

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedDec 18, 2012 4:37 pm
What windows OS are you running?
Did you launch the install using Run as Administrator?
Also did you try installing the NET runtime from Microsoft standalone installer first?

FairyJack

Rank 0
BoredOutOfMyMind, Minnesota United States
PostedDec 27, 2012 12:21 pm
andaro wrote:
What windows OS are you running?
Did you launch the install using Run as Administrator?
Also did you try installing the NET runtime from Microsoft standalone installer first?  

im using Vista i believe SP1 because i was warned that because my computer was older SP2 and subsequently 3 might crash the computer i did not upgrade it. And yes i did try both the standalone and running as an administrator but its in the installation that the error occurs

Jack drinks Jack