Roreddy04

Rank 0
PostedDec 24, 2012 10:55 pm

GS Application

Roreddy for GS
:Part I::.
Account Name: Roreddy
Phone/Device: iphone 5
Languages spoken: English, Spanish (read and write), Telugu (south Indian language)

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage?
I run a top notch guild, Serenity*. I have helped many with questions they had in game. I have helped with pricing issues, advising players about their teams, and well known by many for my dragon team. I am always in the mood to answer questions when I am not busy.

2. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?
As a college student and president of the chess club at my college, I have held many tournaments for chess. I try to hold a chess event every month in my college as long as the month does not involve final exams.

3. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?
I have had many experiences where I had to help people solve problems. Throughout high school I worked for Kumon a math and reading learning center, and I have taught chess to 2 different elementary schools. When I worked in Kumon I helped grade the students work, and I operated the help desk where, if a student needed to learn a new concept I had to do my best in teaching it to them. Even now in college, I am doing research and in research there are always many problems one faces, and requires seeking help or helping one another with solutions. Being a disciple of karate, pursuing a chem and math major, and being able to play chess efficiently, I have ability to think calmly and help solve many problems, as I am not affected when in pressure.

4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)?
I have not used the online aeria forums much, just to look up stats on certain monster chains, or other important information not put in the game. I have not posted much on the forums, but if need be I will in the future. Outside from the online forums, I am quite active in the in monster paradise message boards. I usually answer questions about what I think is a valid price of certain monsters, give advice about team build, and try to provoke a enjoyable environment.

5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage?
Game Sage is a volunteer who helps GMs keep a safe environment in games. They patrol the message boards to seek out trouble and help. A game sage must know the terms of service and enforce the rules strictly. They also relay information to the GMs that needs certain attention. A good game sage is one who is readily available and always ready to lend a helping hand. A game sage must be nice and professional when dealing with certain situations. A game sage must also be well known in the community, so that people are more open to talking with him or her.

6. Why do you want to be a Game Sage for Mobile (and not another game)?
Ever since I started playing monster paradise, I have become a big fan of this mobile game. I used to play legend of Cryptids, but I stopped playing that as monster paradise was more fun and enjoyable. I see a good future for monster paradise, and I want to be a part of it by possibly helping the community and relaying my ideas and other players ideas to the GMs. I always have a phone around with me, and when I am bored I know I can always open this app and find something to do to pass the time.

7. Explain the importance of confidentiality in this position.
As a pre-med student and volunteering in hospitals and research centers, one of main thing I have learned is the importance of confidentiality. Confidentiality is up most important in any job, For aeria games as a game sage it is possible one gets to know what the upcoming events has in store, and it is very important to keep it a secret from other players, as the information was given to staff members only.
Advertisement

paintbaler01

Rank 0
paintbaler01
PostedDec 25, 2012 2:45 am
.::Part I::.
Account Name: Reefer
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): iPhone 4s
Languages spoken: English

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage?
I have done several give aways as well as tried to run a help thread on forums as well as in game I also regularly frequent the forums to try and assist any players in need of help

I have done many give aways, drop partys, forum partys in the past as well as a few on the forums here

I was a jagex forum mod for runescape for awhile as well as a support technician for a online website

4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)? I have been around mainly on the monsters paradise forums for a little while

5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage? As I said last time I applied I feel like a game sage is someone who has been picked to assist other players in whatever it is they may need. Questions, game issues, forum issues, etc. Game sages play a vital role in the day to day operations of things cause they are able to take a load of them GM's as well as provide timely help and support

I have my cell phone with me at all times whereever I may be at so its a much easier way for me to play as well as help because its easy access on the go

As a Game sage you may or may not have access to information ahead of other playedrs whether it be events, monsters, personal info, etc. so privacy is of the utmost importance

This is my second time around applying for GS I tried back in October for 3rd round and didnt quite make it so hopefully I'll have better look this time around Smile

KikkiForever

Rank 0
KikkiForever
PostedDec 30, 2012 11:04 pm   Last edited by KikkiForever on Dec 31, 2012 1:35 pm. Edited 7 times in total

Kikki for Game Sage

Hello Everyone! If I know you, glad to see you again, and if we haven't met, it's nice to meet you Smile

My name is Kikki!
I use an iPhone 4.
I live in the United States.
I am Fluent in English and have an Intermediate Mastery of Spanish.

My most visible contribution would be my efforts to help research and share information about this game. I have always been involved in fan sites (like Wowhead for World of Warcraft), and I started trying to develop these kinds of resources on a site I started for our guild. It was eventually intended to be for all Monster Paradise members, once I made it a valuable enough resource that everyone would appreciate using it (http://serenitymp.weebly.com/). Unfortunately the limits on my knowledge of databases and, to an extent, web design, are holding me back from doing it all myself, and I haven't gotten the help I need yet to turn it into a broader-scale, professional product as I would like. I really enjoy making articles like the ones you see in the Guides section, to effectively spread the knowledge and fun of the game. Therefore I think I could be a great asset to the team here because I'd really do my best to help disseminate information or keep players motivated and having fun by writing articles, helping out with any GS tasks, or simply being very active on the message board and forums. I am well educated and organized, and very motivated, so I am sure I could make an impact.

I have posted some on the forums but I have been reading more than speaking, simply due to the lack of having anything I felt was too important to say. However if I was a Game Sage I would happily dive into becoming more visible on the forums, so that people would feel comfortable and familiar with me and use me as a resource!

On the message board I also always answer any questions or volunteer information if I feel I can help someone, because I genuinely enjoy doing so. However, I think that should be a given if you want to be a Game Sage! I enjoy being a happy, friendly, helpful face for my fellow players (Hence my threads that pop up once in a while as well, titled "Kikki Loves You!", where I try to just remind everyone to smile and remember someone out there loves them).

In college I was in administration of many different groups, because I really enjoy directly being involved in making the groups I enjoy a success!

I was the public relations officer and then president of Habitat for Humanity at my college (Case Western Reserve University) and in that role I had to host huge fundraisers like a T-Shirt sale that sold hundreds of shirts and raised over a thousand dollars, or an outdoor camping event with over a hundred students involved. I also hosted similar events in my role as the Chief Financial Officer for the Pre-Med fraternity at my school, Phi Delta Epsilon. I even served in a position in my sorority, Phi Mu, which we call "Suzee Sunshine," and the entire purpose of that role was solely to be a cheerleader for all of my fellow sisters and try to keep their morale up or be there if they needed me. I even worked at an event planning firm as an assistant for a year when I got out of school!

For events like the T-shirt fund raiser, the events were my idea and I saw them through to completion, doing everything from designing the t-shirts to hiring security for the locations, and managing a team of other students to assist.

Besides being the only internet savvy person in my immediate family (and therefore using Google to find the answers to their questions and concerns all the time), all of my jobs have directly involved problem solving for others. I have worked in the event planning field as I noted, but I have also worked as a graphic designer for a printing company, and as an assistant to two different departments of a hospital. In the hospital setting I worked for the biomedical engineering department, and then (currently) as a Physical Therapy assistant. At the event planning company, my primary role was to accomplish any tasks that the event planners needed help with, and frequently this was anything they could not find a solution to. I did everything from reformatting documents in MS Word to making phone calls for hours to find a suitable hotel for a client. As a graphic designer, I had to creatively propose solutions that would accomplish the client's goals when they weren't even sure exactly what they wanted. In the biomedical engineering department, I actually had to troubleshoot and repair medical equipment, and that included answering phone calls as technical support and directly assisting people in solving their equipments' problems!

4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)?
I made an effort to introduce myself a little on the forums, create a nice profile (I drew my own avatar and signature!), and keep track of the threads here. I'm extremely familiar with the forum format since I've been involved with many other forums in the past for other games I have played. If I was chosen to be a Game Sage, this forum would become my first priority of places to keep tabs on in the digital world, and I would make a large effort to not only read but also write.

5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage?
A Game Sage is a representation of Aeria Games. The offical details are located in a handy thread about GS's, which I read before choosing to apply (http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1794603). However, if you are asking my opinion, I think their main responsibility should be to help improve communication between Aeria and their community by actively doing their best to answer any questions, and professionally perform damage control if it seems something is upsetting the players. I have seen GS Flareous and GM Detonation specifically do this 'damage control' in the past and always admired their patience. I know the team gets a lot of negative feedback along with the positive, yet they are never deterred from doing their best to calm peoples' nerves when they are upset (even if they are being rude!) I think being generous and having such good-will while still maintaining such professionalism is the root of a good Game Sage. And I'm sure the other GM's and GS's are the same; I have just seen those two in particular a lot! I am a very patient person as well who enjoys listening to others more than hearing the sound of my own voice, and helping people is my main priority in life; I think these are all qualities of a good Game Sage!

I've been a gamer all my life (and I'm 24 now), mostly on the PC. But I really enjoy the convenience of mobile gaming. To be perfectly honest, Monster Paradise is the only game I have gotten very invested in on my phone because it is like a true MMORPG. I have tried many others, and many had their merits, but MP is the only one that has been complex and intriguing enough to me personally that I am able to devote the vast majority of my gaming time to it. I know I will be playing it seriously for a long time to come, even if I try many other games!

I have worked in healthcare for a while, so confidentiality is a big deal to me! Confidentiality is important in any professional position in my opinion, but in this position in particular it is important because it could affect either the company or consumer in a strong, direct manner if handled incorrectly. Players do not want their confidentiality breached by a GS sharing their private information with other players and Aeria does not want confidential information being leaked without authorization.

kiomoro

Rank 0
kiomoro
PostedDec 31, 2012 8:50 am

Game Sage application Redo-I messed up my account name

Account Name: Jonkun
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): iTouch 4th Gen
Languages spoken: English

Answer: I have answered questions on game message boards. I ensure that people do not low blow or cheat other players. I keep the game enjoyable and fun for everyone. I do my best to participate in all game events. I also put others before myself.
Answer: I am a volunteer at a newcomer youth centre. We run lots of events for new youths who have just arrived to Canada. I often host these events to bring a warm feeling to their nervous hearts. Not only that I am on my schools Student Council. We are in charge of school wide events such as school dances, school games, etc.
Answer: I was a tutor to young kids before and I would attend elemntary schools every wednesday of the week to help them with school. I also help a number of students in my school and past schools as a peer mediator. I help to solve situations and problems between people.
Answer: I do not have any experience in this field. Although I am not involved now, I hope to be more involved with the community whether I become a Game Sage or not.
Answer: A Game Sage is a volunteer who helps other players. Their main responibilities are to help others and to put others before themselves, to work together with GMs to make the game more enjoyable for everyone, and to keep the gaming community a safe and fun place to be by enforcing rules or reminding other players of the ToS. A good Game Sage is a good friend. A good Game Sage is someone that any player, no matter the relationship, can go to for help or just for a good conversation.
Answer: I would like to be a Game Sage for Mobile because the games I play are on Mobile. I don't play many other games except for Mobile games. I haven't had the experience of Aeria's computer games because my computer would be too slow to run them. Also I have been playing Monster Paradise for over a year and its one of the best games that I have played and I can never get sick of it.
Answer: Confidentiality in this position is the most important thing. The information exchanged between GMs about game events or news should not be shared ahead of time. Also personal information about player should NEVER be publicized for anyone to know. Being a Game Sage means to be secretive about things going on that the public should not know of.

Stand aside...I'll show you how its done