do whe gona have again such even ? it was befor 2-3 ish monts
Advertisement

GMStingRay

GameMaster: USA
GMStingRay
PostedSep 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Re: Scheduling

Avitra wrote:
Please please please Im begging you, announce pvp events a little more in advance!

So far this week weve had two 1-15 events two days in a row, announced 9 hours and 8 hours before the actual event. For some forum trollers - sorry I meant trawlers 8 hours is enough to become aware of an event, but for the rest of us, either we are in game (and manage to log off before the 1hr in-game announcement), working, or asleep, and miss this 8 hour window.

I appreciate that hosting an event may be a spontaneous decision, and that unforeseeable circumstances may arise putting a hold to any event scheduled over 24 hours in advance, but you guys initially had an event schedule here New Morning Event Schedule! and you guys have managed to suss out promotion events one month in advance now, pleeeaaase do something for pvp events.

My time zone means that I miss a lot of these events, and Im not asking for the times to be changed, just the announcements to be changed so that I can reorganise my work schedule, or even set my alarm to wake up, so that I can pvp! I need 9 kills till my next rank, and have been this way for the past 3 weeks now!  

I've seen this argument before, but with the amount of work we have to accomplish in a day it is really, and I do mean really difficult to plan an event too much further ahead of time. Many times at the beginning of a day I have an idea of what event I want to run, and in a few hours that changes to "What event can I run with the resources available?"

What we have done is try to keep the schedule of events, 12PM and 4PM as rigid as possible so that you always know when an event is going to happen. As far as what event I don't think it is possible to announce it too much earlier. One thing we have discussed is using something like twitter or maybe another service to help get the word about events out. Do you think that is something you and other player's might use/enjoy?

Please feel free to leave any suggestions or feedback.

Avitra

Rank 1
PostedSep 13, 2012 5:46 pm
Ah thank you Stingray.

To be honest, I don't really care what the event is, as long as I know more than 8 hours in advance that there will be an event. I don't know about other people, but I think the nature of the event isn't necessarily important. I see that events have two main purposes - (1) to introduce prizes and get various items into the game (like ice-cream), and (2) to let people know when to actually go to a pvp map so that they know there will be pvp. Usually, for a well advertised event, there is a good turn out of people. Most of these people, I imagine, come purely for the pvp, and the rewards are a bonus.

What makes pvp without events difficult at the moment, is a lack of population constantly lurking in pvp maps for whatever reason, and organising when players with pvp toons are all available to pvp at the same time. There are masses of threads trying to suss out how to get more lurkers constantly in pvp maps, but even those topics have to face that during a well advertised event, usually a raid, if not more, turns up. There are enough pvpers to pvp, but getting them all on the map at the same time is the difficult part. This is where events come in. Everyone knows that there will be other people turning up during an event, so they do too.

So I guess, what would satisfy me (and hopefully other people too Confused ), is just an events schedule, with 'tbd' on what the event type will be. I suspect even a more basic event which takes up less resources will have a good turn out if it is advertised in advance. Personally, as long as I know people are going to turn up at a specific time, I'll go pvp, even if there weren't rewards.

But then that's assuming even without what type of event, you will still be able to organise say a few days in advance Confused Hmmm.

As for Twitter, I'm not sure about that. I think for some people that would be quite good, people can easily access Twitter on their phones whilst out and about right? Personally, I don't have Twitter, and unless it makes a bleeping noise for when it gets a message for when an event is, I think it would be just as much use as me refreshing the events forums every so often like I do at the moment.
Can events be announced on Aeria Ignite? I see some have been announced on there, but not all. I think some people use Ignite quite a lot for the Free Loot Box, so they will use Ignite every so often, so even if they do not have a browser window up all the time to check the events forum, they may see an event being announced.

I just don't know what other ways you can spread the word if 8 hours is the maximum you can do. If you do set something up, I will definitely subscribe, even get Twitter perhaps, but whether this will be any more effective I don't know, sorry Sad

Thank you again for the reply, and sorry I write too much - one day I'll learn how to cut down >.<

Mammas.Man

Rank 0
Mammas.Man
PostedSep 14, 2012 2:34 am
I have enjoyed the events on Gaia and think the Trivia is a cool event, however, there are those of us with disabilities and those of us that are not very fast typists. Therefore rather than people saying to themselves, what is the point I never get a chance to get my answer in ... I suggest the following

Each question in advance is said that let's say for example, the seventh person to answer correctly, or the eleventh, or whatever random number the Game Sage comes up with, they will win that round.

I have also noticed [GS]Sunny at one time that I have seen recently, has had an event where as a clue is given as to the location of a person, when this person is found they then in turn give another clue to the location of [GS]Sunny. I was not able to participate in this event but I thought it to be an event that showed quite a lot of potential, but would be more fun if say there were four people involved and the event lasted a little longer, and maybe even if people were put into teams (or parties) where beginners were teamed with advanced players to make it more fun for people still quite new to the game.

But in all I feel some events although repetative can be improved upon to make things fairer to all and not just being biased towards advanced players and fast typists.

In general I would like to show my appreciation to the Game Sages that share their time to make the game more than just a game by holding such events. Thank you.

hamishmctavish

Rank 0
PostedNov 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Facebook????

why?
I play Shaiya not facebook. why reward ppl for playing facebook? why dont you reward ppl who play Shaiya? great customer care once again....

infi8612

Rank 1
infi8612
PostedNov 17, 2012 10:54 am
atm i dont see any events since the linked dont work i mean like 70 ele Q bosses CT2 etc etc since the servers ar merged you can run few.. Smile

jive_stef

Rank 2
jive_stef
PostedNov 20, 2012 1:34 am

Phoenix

Events of ANY sort is appriceated since u have neglected that server for >3 months

Smile

Mellijor

Rank 5
Mellijor
PostedNov 20, 2012 5:18 am
Make more event for 15 and 30 pls

ghostx420

Rank 0
ghostx420
PostedDec 13, 2012 3:58 am
some events that have to do with Melon and Grape ice cream would be great AH prices are like sky high because we dont have them events anymore Sad

deathcat69

Rank 1
deathcat69
PostedDec 19, 2012 1:50 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okldns4slu4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_sJq6nPzgg

more of this. bring goddess back and have good pvp for a lot of us again -_-

-Kitten- 30 UM Hunter | Hyouketsu 30 UM Oracle | Shiranuis_Pet 30 UM Priest | Pet. 60 UM Assassin | KeLana 80 UM Priest | uWannaTapMe 80 UM Assassin | -Koneko- 80 UM Oracle | Pet-Kitten 80 UM Warrior