zengeegee

Rank 0
PostedDec 06, 2012 8:17 am

Archer/Hunter Deadly Poison

Bug or just not correct on the quote?
MerlinMcTav wrote:
Combat

Deadly Poison
Sweet and Deadly. This skill is amazing, at least on paper. It's hilariously fun in practice. And it's incredibly powerful. The downside to it is that it is poison which means it can be cured with a potion. But that is a necessity because if that were not so it would be far too overpowered in PvP. Archer or not, any sane person can understand that.

So here's how this skill actually works. It shoots a poisoned arrow at the target. It immediately deals basic damage (which can critical hit) plus additional damage which is listed above. Then it poisons the target with a DoT effect. The duration of the effect again varies depending on Lv of the skill, also listed above. The first poison cycle damages the target for the figures listed above, which again increases with Lv. Every two seconds, the poison will damage the target for double what it did last cycle. So, for example, if you initially damage the target for 200 poison damage, two seconds later they will get hurt for 400, then two seconds later 800, then 1600, then 3200, then 6400, etc. This is insanely powerful. Even twelve second duration means 6 cycles, which is how many I just listed. Total up all that damage and you just dealt over 12,000 HP damage. And that's just an example. Lv6 starts at nearly twice that initial damage and lasts even longer.

Now, as far as PvE goes, if a mob is not immune to the poison, then you're looking at a one skill kill, for the most part. But it does take 12 to 18 seconds to do its work of course. It is also not AoE which limits its potential for grinding. I haven't played against any of the EP5 content so I don't know that practical use of this in PvE but it is definitely an interesting skill that needs exploration. Don't overlook it.

Regarding PvP, it is poison, so it is curable with a potion. It's also dispelable by a healer of course. Still, I feel it's probably a must have skill because it is so deadly, it is not something that can be ignored. If you get hit with this and do not act, you will be dead in a dozen seconds. Therefore, you MUST switch focus to potting or dispelling it, and that is annoying and distracting in PvP. Even though you're likely not going to kill the veterans who are ready and expecting it, you will give them something they must deal with now.

The long term practical uses of this are yet to be explored but it's looking to be an invaluable skill. Of course, bosses will be immune to it.
Lv1 - Deals basic damage plus 35, then deals 12 seconds of poison damage starting at 40 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 2520 damage. (available at lvl 15) costs 4 skill points
Lv2 - Deals basic damage plus 107, then deals 12 seconds of poison damage starting at 85 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 5355 damage. (available at lvl 28 ) costs 4 skill points
Lv3 - Deals basic damage plus 228, then deals 15 seconds of poison damage starting at 160 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 20320 damage. (available at lvl 41) costs 5 skill points
Lv4 - Deals basic damage plus 443, then deals 15 seconds of poison damage starting at 255 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 32385 damage. (available at lvl 54) costs 5 skill points
Lv5 - Deals basic damage plus 614, then deals 18 seconds of poison damage starting at 390 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 199290 damage (yes, you read that right) (available at lvl 67) costs 6 skill points
Lv6 - Deals basic damage plus 785, then deals 21 seconds of poison damage starting at 525 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 537075 damage (yes, you read that right) (available at lvl 80) costs 6 skill points  

Hi im new here so please be nice. I noticed that Deadly Poison does not seem to do the damage that is writen here. I have only tried the first level of it but that last tick doesnt seem to kick in or is it just me? Has anyone else tried it that has more information on later levels on it?
Advertisement

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:34 pm
I did have a post in a different thread saying I lived in a dream world, but with no actual useful information.

The only thing I can think of that the person might have meant is that it ticks every 3 seconds in stead of every 2 seconds - but it's a bit difficult to confirm this.
I will try & confirm it & post corrected information if I can (or if any other archers can confirm this please?)

RIP Kizzd

brodysmash14

Rank 2
brodysmash14
PostedDec 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: Archer/Hunter Deadly Poison

Bug or just not correct on the quote?
zengeegee wrote:
MerlinMcTav wrote:
Combat

Deadly Poison
Sweet and Deadly. This skill is amazing, at least on paper. It's hilariously fun in practice. And it's incredibly powerful. The downside to it is that it is poison which means it can be cured with a potion. But that is a necessity because if that were not so it would be far too overpowered in PvP. Archer or not, any sane person can understand that.

So here's how this skill actually works. It shoots a poisoned arrow at the target. It immediately deals basic damage (which can critical hit) plus additional damage which is listed above. Then it poisons the target with a DoT effect. The duration of the effect again varies depending on Lv of the skill, also listed above. The first poison cycle damages the target for the figures listed above, which again increases with Lv. Every two seconds, the poison will damage the target for double what it did last cycle. So, for example, if you initially damage the target for 200 poison damage, two seconds later they will get hurt for 400, then two seconds later 800, then 1600, then 3200, then 6400, etc. This is insanely powerful. Even twelve second duration means 6 cycles, which is how many I just listed. Total up all that damage and you just dealt over 12,000 HP damage. And that's just an example. Lv6 starts at nearly twice that initial damage and lasts even longer.

Now, as far as PvE goes, if a mob is not immune to the poison, then you're looking at a one skill kill, for the most part. But it does take 12 to 18 seconds to do its work of course. It is also not AoE which limits its potential for grinding. I haven't played against any of the EP5 content so I don't know that practical use of this in PvE but it is definitely an interesting skill that needs exploration. Don't overlook it.

Regarding PvP, it is poison, so it is curable with a potion. It's also dispelable by a healer of course. Still, I feel it's probably a must have skill because it is so deadly, it is not something that can be ignored. If you get hit with this and do not act, you will be dead in a dozen seconds. Therefore, you MUST switch focus to potting or dispelling it, and that is annoying and distracting in PvP. Even though you're likely not going to kill the veterans who are ready and expecting it, you will give them something they must deal with now.

The long term practical uses of this are yet to be explored but it's looking to be an invaluable skill. Of course, bosses will be immune to it.
Lv1 - Deals basic damage plus 35, then deals 12 seconds of poison damage starting at 40 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 2520 damage. (available at lvl 15) costs 4 skill points
Lv2 - Deals basic damage plus 107, then deals 12 seconds of poison damage starting at 85 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 5355 damage. (available at lvl 28 ) costs 4 skill points
Lv3 - Deals basic damage plus 228, then deals 15 seconds of poison damage starting at 160 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 20320 damage. (available at lvl 41) costs 5 skill points
Lv4 - Deals basic damage plus 443, then deals 15 seconds of poison damage starting at 255 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 32385 damage. (available at lvl 54) costs 5 skill points
Lv5 - Deals basic damage plus 614, then deals 18 seconds of poison damage starting at 390 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 199290 damage (yes, you read that right) (available at lvl 67) costs 6 skill points
Lv6 - Deals basic damage plus 785, then deals 21 seconds of poison damage starting at 525 and doubling every 2 seconds - total of 537075 damage (yes, you read that right) (available at lvl 80) costs 6 skill points  

Hi im new here so please be nice. I noticed that Deadly Poison does not seem to do the damage that is writen here. I have only tried the first level of it but that last tick doesnt seem to kick in or is it just me? Has anyone else tried it that has more information on later levels on it?  

Here's a scale i made for Deadly poison that is a bit more accurate but is sorta a rounded scale of the damage it does!

Level 1 : 5k damage
Level 2 : 7k damage
Level 3 : 10k damage
Level 4 : 20k damage
Level 5 : 50k damage
Level 6 : 100k damage

This is a bit more accurate!

I've Quite, and Have no plans on returning! さよなら。

brodysmash14

Rank 2
brodysmash14
PostedDec 09, 2012 2:52 pm
i might be a lil off with the 6th level of poison because i killed the mob i was fighting and think i was 8 seconds away from the poison wearing off it, so maybe the poison does bout

Level 6 : 250k damage

I've Quite, and Have no plans on returning! さよなら。

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedDec 09, 2012 5:23 pm
The amount of damage will be as follows:

If it ticks every 3 seconds:
Code:
Level              1       2       3       4       5       6
Initial           40      85     160     255     390     525
Duration          12      12      15      15      18      21
No of ticks        4       4       5       5       6       7
Total Damage    1200    2550    9920   15810   49140  133350

If it ticks every 2 seconds:
Code:
Level              1       2       3       4       5       6
Initial           40      85     160     255     390     525
Duration          12      12      15      15      18      21
No of ticks        6       6       7       7       9      10
Total Damage    5040   10710   40640   64770  398580 1074150

On balance of probabilities, given that every other skill/debuff ticks every 3 seconds I'm going to change the description to the first one.

RIP Kizzd

PeEll

Rank 0
PeEll
PostedDec 17, 2012 5:40 am
I'm a bit late to the party, but I'll confirm that it hits every 3 second. The last tick hits for roughly 67k, but is rounded down to 60k due to ingame limitation of max damage. Second to last tick is 33 600 anyway. Good skill regardless even for just the base damage bonus and short cooldown.

Edit: And it response to the OP's question on the last tick not hitting properly, it is something I have noticed as well. It would seem the two last ticks sometimes bugs out and registers improperly, doing less damage on the second to last hit and not hitting the last. As to why that is I have really no idea.

LR6_AA1

Rank 0
PostedMar 08, 2013 2:59 pm
I have a question about deadly poison in PVP. I don't PVP a lot but I find it is still really effective to use in PVP even if most people pot fairly quickly. However sometimes the enemy uses Dayfly skill after I hit them with Deadly poison.

It seems that when this happens it means the periodic damage is reflected to me and there is no way to stop this. How to deal with this?

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedMar 18, 2013 7:54 am
LR6_AA1 wrote:
I have a question about deadly poison in PVP. I don't PVP a lot but I find it is still really effective to use in PVP even if most people pot fairly quickly. However sometimes the enemy uses Dayfly skill after I hit them with Deadly poison.

It seems that when this happens it means the periodic damage is reflected to me and there is no way to stop this. How to deal with this?  

I think the way to get round this is to hit them again with it to restart the counter on it, but sometimes you can't hit them again (due to a UT skill of some type OR them being out of range)

Saepe

Rank 0
PostedApr 22, 2013 9:14 am
The Defender/Guardian class has so many glitched up skills in episode 6, it's not even funny. They basically ruin PVP at the moment and unfortunately the developers are too dumb to fix any of the broken skills in this game. I don't even know how many drugs they were on when they made the skill Impact Shield. All of PVP in shaiya is now is defenders/guards running around pwning everything in sight.

When you really look at the skills of all the classes, Deadly Poison Shot is the only really great thing that archers/hunters have besides their range. Every other physical damage class in the game has several more multi-hit skills and better stuns/debuffs. The poison can already easily be potted, but that's not enough for the developers. They also need to give defenders/guards a skill which will reflect UNPOTTABLE damage back to the attacker.

The final level of Mayfly gives 55 seconds of reflection. I would not recommend trying to reset the damage by hitting them again in PVP or they will surely attempt to troll you with UTs or running back from range. You would have to KEEP hitting them every 12 seconds or so to avoid the last 2 dangerous ticks of DPS and they will easily realize what you're trying to do and put a stop to it. In short, there is no real way to stop the damage, and your only hope is to run away and heal with pots or an allied orc/priest until the damage runs out.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedApr 22, 2013 10:24 am
[quote="Saepe"]When you really look at the skills of all the classes, Deadly Poison Shot is the only really great thing that archers/hunters have besides their range. Every other physical damage class in the game has several more multi-hit skills and better stuns/debuffs. quote]

Archers/hunters also hit harder than any other class as they aren't affected by IS, have weapons with over 4.4k base atk (with the enhanced enchant rescaling of Ep6) and PS doesn't have an affect on their damage. I'd say their Debuffs are on a par with other classes too, they have several unpottable DoTs which whilst not hugely damaging can be pretty effective, archers also have the same number of multiple hitting single target skills as rogues (one) the rogue one just hits one extra time, but due to the opening point here the 3 hits of slasher do far less damage than the 2 hits of RS.