_khz

Rank 0
PostedDec 06, 2012 3:14 am

New Player, loads of questions

Hey, Im considering playing this game but I have a few questions about it. If you cant/cbb answering all the questions then just answer what you can Smile

1. How popular is this game? Like is it likely to die soon from inactivity? Is it hard to meet new people?

2. Whats the most popular server to play on?

3. Any guides particularly useful for an absolute noob who needs to know about gameplay and all the basics?

4. How difficult is levelling up/money making here?

5. How reliant is the game on cash shop?

6. Whats the community like? (though I suppose if you answer this then you must be a nice community haha)

7. How dependent is the game dependent on group play as opposed to soloing?

8. Most importantly, is it fun? xD

Thank you in advance Smile
Advertisement

Towkay

Rank 1
Towkay
PostedDec 06, 2012 3:41 am
1) Popular? I can't say, but meeting new people would be easier at quill since it's a new server which isn't even a year old.

2. To play on it would be Ponchee since it's a server that was merged by two big servers.

3. http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1583941

4. Not that hard if you are someone who love grinding.

5. Quite I'll say, if you want the best gears and stuff.

6. Figure that out when you started, I might say the community is full of BS but you might find that different, so what matters most is your opinion not others.

7. I prefer doing things solo. Partying up for dungeons is what most people do.

8. For you to find out.

_khz

Rank 0
PostedDec 06, 2012 3:49 am
Thanks heap. On the issue of cash shop though, is it possible to reach that high end gear without it (obviously it would take longer, but is it even possible? Or is some content just unreachable without it, even by buying it with in game currency?)

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedDec 06, 2012 4:13 am

Re: New Player, loads of questions

1. Pretty decent.

2. Noob friendly = Quill (easier to find lower level parties)
Most population = Ponchee (but a lot of end game players)

3. Refer to the wiki link from Towkay and the Self Help section of the forum

4. Leveling up really depends on your class and your guild. Money making really only shines 60+.

5. Not gonna lie, cash shop users really get ridiculous benefits from this game.

6. This community used to be extremely harsh, stupid, and felt like high school all over again for awhile. It's gotten a little better since though.

7. You're gonna have a harder time trying to solo your way through the game.

8. Yep.

_khz wrote:
Thanks heap. On the issue of cash shop though, is it possible to reach that high end gear without it (obviously it would take longer, but is it even possible? Or is some content just unreachable without it, even by buying it with in game currency?)  

It's possible, just really really time consuming and takes a lot of effort. When you see how easy AP buyers can gear, PVP, etc~ it can get kinda demotivating.

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedDec 06, 2012 8:51 am

Kalashnikovaa wrote:

_khz wrote:

It's possible, just really really time consuming and takes a lot of effort. When you see how easy AP buyers can gear, PVP, etc~ it can get kinda demotivating.  

If you're talking end game/pvp gear, then yes it is possible to get it without buying any ap. you'll have to have a pretty high level to accumulate the necessary gold though. If you're not really into pvp then the crafted gear is relatively easy to make and you can make some gold selling it as well. if you're interested in pvp, I wouldn't bother on your first character past the initial quest for pvp. the pvp arena's are (mostly) full of people with maxed out characters and a new player just doesn't stand a snowball's chance. so level up your first toon to max or close and use it as a sugar daddy for a pvp toon. XD

whoeverxwins

Rank 2
whoeverxwins
PostedDec 06, 2012 9:21 am

_khz wrote:
Hey, Im considering playing this game but I have a few questions about it. If you cant/cbb answering all the questions then just answer what you can Smile

1. How popular is this game? Like is it likely to die soon from inactivity? Is it hard to meet new people? It's not likely to die anytime soon. And I see a lot of new people every day, even on Ponchee (the older servers combined).

2. Whats the most popular server to play on? Ponchee, definitely. On the weekends, all 3 (now 4 just this week) channels are yellow.

3. Any guides particularly useful for an absolute noob who needs to know about gameplay and all the basics? Besides the link already given, there is a wiki that has a lot of information if you need to look something in particular up.

4. How difficult is levelling up/money making here? Leveling at the lower levels is ridiculously easy. Even there you can make gold by selling blue items the mobs drop, crafting items with your sprites, gathering materials with your sprites and selling them, or grinding for quest items and selling. At higher levels, leveling is slower (you're working on masters too). But at that point, many classes can sell dungeon runs for additional gold as well.

5. How reliant is the game on cash shop? It's easier if you use the cash shop. Even if you don't want to buy AP, you can do some of the free offers and earn enough to buy the limited mclay every week and sell that for some gold. Without AP, you will do a lot more grinding, but it's still possible.

6. Whats the community like? (though I suppose if you answer this then you must be a nice community haha) Most of the community is great. Every game has its trolls of course, but the community at large is very nice, and very helpful.

7. How dependent is the game dependent on group play as opposed to soloing? For dungeons, you'll want a party. But most classes can solo their bosses, and those that can't, usually just finding one other person to help will do it. The guild bosses take a full group or someone higher level to help, but they're an exception.

8. Most importantly, is it fun? xD VERY fun! This is a wonderful game! If you'd like to see some screenshots, you can check out my photo album.

Thank you in advance Smile  

I hope to see you in game! ^^

_khz

Rank 0
PostedDec 07, 2012 12:28 am

AriaSaitcho wrote:
Kalashnikovaa wrote:

_khz wrote:

If you're talking end game/pvp gear, then yes it is possible to get it without buying any ap. you'll have to have a pretty high level to accumulate the necessary gold though. If you're not really into pvp then the crafted gear is relatively easy to make and you can make some gold selling it as well. if you're interested in pvp, I wouldn't bother on your first character past the initial quest for pvp. the pvp arena's are (mostly) full of people with maxed out characters and a new player just doesn't stand a snowball's chance. so level up your first toon to max or close and use it as a sugar daddy for a pvp toon. XD  

Thanks so much everyone Very Happy If I go the route of solely pvm first, whats the best noob friendly class for that?

AKFrost

Rank 5
PostedDec 07, 2012 12:53 am

_khz wrote:
AriaSaitcho wrote:
Kalashnikovaa wrote:

_khz wrote:

Thanks so much everyone Very Happy If I go the route of solely pvm first, whats the best noob friendly class for that?  

Hunter -> Assassin

or Acolyte -> Sage. Either or.

tarano12

Rank 0
tarano12
PostedDec 12, 2012 1:29 pm
1. not sure
2.ponchee
3.what kalashnikovaa said
4.lving up is npnp. money making is torture.
5. 99% reliant
6. everyone cares about them selves they don't really care about your problems.
7. its mostly about team play the only problem is you can't even find a team.
8. if you think my replies sound fun then yupyup.