jonnicintron92

Rank 0
PostedDec 11, 2012 7:49 pm

so is the mecha jinn totally useless?

he seems underleveled and has way too little HP. is there anyway i can fix him or is he just that useless?
Advertisement

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedDec 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: so is the mecha jinn totally useless?

jonnicintron92 wrote:
he seems underleveled and has way too little HP. is there anyway i can fix him or is he just that useless?  

You can level it, but people want it mostly for the extra damage it lets the opponent take. Overall, it's not that great in my opinion.

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedDec 11, 2012 9:10 pm   Last edited by raedrin on Dec 11, 2012 9:49 pm. Edited 2 times in total
The bonus to mdmg that the jinn gives is nice, but there are many situations that you'll find he is impractical. In pve, he'll aggro mobs and heal bosses. In pvp, he'll wake up the enemies that you sleep. If you're fighting in a situation where none of these things are an issue, than feel free to use the jinn for the damage. But your cp will be better spent elsewhere, as all leveling him does is give him a bit more hp and dmg.

jonnicintron92

Rank 0
PostedDec 11, 2012 9:19 pm
raedrin wrote:
The bonus to mdmg that the jinn gives is nice, but there are many situations that you'll find he in impractical. In pve, he'll aggro mobs and heal bosses. In pvp, he'll wake up the enemies that you sleep. If you're fighting in a situation where none of these things are an issue, than feel free to use the jinn for the damage. But your cp will be better spent elsewhere, as all leveling him does it give him a bit more hp and dmg.  

that sums it up. thank you!

CyberGhost42

Rank 1
CyberGhost42
PostedDec 11, 2012 10:36 pm
You get 10% damage from the Jinn's debuff, and can gain a 25% bonus to magic crits if you have the Glyph.
If you don't mind not having the above then you can use the Asbee pets in it's place, they actually hit harder than a normal pet of the same level.

As for taking more malice than wanted and waking things, Jinn tends to work in predictable ways. It'll attack if you're attacking or being hit, and when trying to reach a target it'll run around other players (this has pulled agro from an idle mob only once for me).
As for waking up sleeping targets, Jinn will wake them, but only if it's already attacking, if you sleep something before attacking, Jinn doesn't attack until you do.

In Arena Jinn does give away your position while you're invisible though, since it's only transparent and not invisible to your opponents.

Jinn has both benefits and down sides, you should never use it on mobs that have Fear, or on bosses with Roar (or kill Jinn off before they aoe), however it'll always be useful against Roger and Event monsters.

cuang123

Rank 0
cuang123
PostedDec 12, 2012 2:34 am
An Illu with a summoned Jinn in arena is easy to spot, so I rather not use him, in fact I never use him. Just be weary when using Jinn in arena, or better yet dont use it at all.

Yeah.. Whatever