Black_Fang__

Rank 0
Black_Fang__
PostedDec 11, 2012 6:37 am

Viable MA builds?

I'm thinking of EVA + Critdamage / HP + PAttack
Can you guys give me a few that is good? I dont want to mess up my kp since i cant afford Memory tomes D:
Advertisement

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedDec 11, 2012 6:58 pm
It depends on what you want to do. Here's one for straight up damage, but you need to watch the Crit Dmg based on what your set, weapons, accessories, legendary achievements, and glyphs give. This is just a sample.

mrdolphin

Rank 2
PostedDec 11, 2012 7:20 pm
Hm...naturally MAs wont have eva the likes which Thieves and BDs would have. Personally, if I were to go into a build that's more sturdy while still giving good damage, I would strap on a shield and make sure to get the glyph for Defender's strength and the 2 cert combo to increase its duration by 8 seconds (thunder reflection + defense energy). Glyph reduces its cooldown by 25 seconds, giving you a 9 sec cooldown in between usage (coincidentally also gives a bit of eva as a bonus), assuming no debuff removes your buffs.

As katashi said, crit dmg is highly dependent on your glyphs/legendary achievements and overall set effects. Personally, I have only done 2 of the ring achievements and only have 5 into the crit dmg set (melee dual wielders easily get crit dmg).

For pure damage, my build is similar to the above but has no points into Str, only 5 levels in crit dmg, and 20 into cestus mastery. 5 points into Str got me around 250-300 p-attack while raising the cestus mastery got me around 1500 or so.

Lvl 7X <br> Warrior(DPS)/Thief/MA/BD/Samurai/Ranger/Engi <br> <a>YT channel</a>

CyberGhost42

Rank 1
CyberGhost42
PostedDec 11, 2012 9:41 pm
15 into Art of Boxing (+1% to the Cestus boost per level) is a safe investment, and is generally one of the best things you can get on any MA build (even if your Cestus is in your offhand and you have another weapon in your main, it'll increase the attack you get from both).

After that, Crit Rate is a good option, however remember not all Light Armour sets give Crit Rate, and most don't give direct crit rate outside a combination boost (multiple equipment of the same set for extra stats thing), Crit Rate works best with these sets, or the Fame set which has higher Luck but no crit dmg (and more expensive to upgrade).

Black_Fang__

Rank 0
Black_Fang__
PostedDec 11, 2012 10:28 pm
Hmm well i went ahead and put 15 in Rock Hard for the crit damage (because i was waiting too long for the replys >.<) Im thinking of leaving it at that, but now should i invest in some crit rate + how many kp should i put in for it. Thinking of puttin some points in STR / Cestus Dmg for that extra boost in my overall attacks.

Char Level - 44 MA- 27
Currently running on a 4 piece White Wolf Set (fail the last piece lol)
8908 - Pattack
254.80 - Crit Rate
2.36 - Crit Damage

CyberGhost42

Rank 1
CyberGhost42
PostedDec 11, 2012 10:47 pm
Black_Fang__ wrote:
Hmm well i went ahead and put 15 in Rock Hard for the crit damage (because i was waiting too long for the replys >.<) Im thinking of leaving it at that, but now should i invest in some crit rate + how many kp should i put in for it. Thinking of puttin some points in STR / Cestus Dmg for that extra boost in my overall attacks.

Char Level - 44 MA- 27
8908 - Pattack
254.80 - Crit Rate
2.36 - Crit Damage  

Getting the Art of Boxing Talent to 15 will give you the largest over-all damage boost from KP. Most of the time people stay away from a lot of Crit DMG because later on it becomes easier to get, and you can't get more than 3.00 stat wise.

Black_Fang__

Rank 0
Black_Fang__
PostedDec 11, 2012 11:00 pm
CyberGhost42 wrote:
Black_Fang__ wrote:

Char Level - 44 MA- 27
8908 - Pattack
254.80 - Crit Rate
2.36 - Crit Damage  

Getting the Art of Boxing Talent to 15 will give you the largest over-all damage boost from KP. Most of the time people stay away from a lot of Crit DMG because later on it becomes easier to get, and you can't get more than 3.00 stat wise.  

Oh **** haha I didnt know D: Alright Thnx for the info guess ill get some in Art of Boxing + some crit rate

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedDec 12, 2012 2:37 pm
Black_Fang__ wrote:
CyberGhost42 wrote:
Black_Fang__ wrote:

Char Level - 44 MA- 27
8908 - Pattack
254.80 - Crit Rate
2.36 - Crit Damage  

Oh **** haha I didnt know D: Alright Thnx for the info guess ill get some in Art of Boxing + some crit rate  

Str. helps if you want to use a Shield on your MA for more Block rate. The added bulk from a Shield is really effective at keeping you alive to dish out more hurt.

CyberGhost42

Rank 1
CyberGhost42
PostedDec 12, 2012 2:46 pm
Black_Fang__ wrote:

It's not all bad though, long term you can consider getting the fame (attackspeed/evade) set if you have too much crit dmg.
The set has much lower strength (Str is more for block than for attack, so not much of a loss if you don't have a shield) but higher Agility (higher attackspeed and evade) and higher lck (more acc and crit rate).
The fame sets give Attackspeed and Evade instead of Accuracy and Crit dmg, so if you hit the cap, the fame set will lower it under, or make you hit it less hard.

Be aware that you do need fame to buy AND equip the fame set, so any other characters you have will need the fame to equip it as well, also fame sets are much more expensive to upgrade (~35 gold to upgrade the 43 body piece once).