voltaicz

Rank 0
PostedDec 10, 2012 7:30 am

A lot of Cleric questions from an old player

Hi there fellow healers, how u doin'?

Ok, so where to start.. I haven't played this game for some months, almost a year in fact.
Got my char at 55 and my cleric, which i main, at 53, also got a 50 shaman (and a magician, but that doesn't matter now). I used cleric as a 'main' healer, read: healing the tank (and ofc the party when needed) since i had the single heals maxed in him, and the shaman as a 'support' healer, read: aoe heal (boss's with dangerous aoe dmg/stuns, where the totem plus drops HoT was enought to keep the party running, other exemple, the last boss of venin trial, cleric if i'm healing the tank, shaman if i'm the secondary healer, keeping the party alive with aoe heal), because opossing to the cleric, i had invested more into aoe heal. I think u got the point in my playstyle.

Back in those days, castspeed used to be "the thing" for healers, and i've build mine accordingly. But i've been reading some post around here, to get onto the new things, and it seems that mcrit is "the thing" now, so here goes the bunch of questions:

Since cspd isn't that usefull now, is it still viable? Take my build for ex, 10 religious knowledge, 12 (objective was 15 at 60) evangelical theory, 12 (same as previous one) zealot discipline. I'm asking this cause for mcrit heal builds, according to what i've read, you need to be "top notch" for it to work. And to be "top notch", you need max lvl, bunch of certificates, top gear, etc, things that i don't have.
So the question is, since i don't meet the requirements for a mcrit heal build, should i respec for a proper wis/gheal build (i got a tome, and i don't bother spending it now) or my outdated one will do good? I'm asking this because my main objective, for now, is mostly pve, levling, normal instances, and trials. So far that build worked perfectly, but my fear is that in the new content stuff (60-70) i'll drop behind and failing to do my job as a cleric.

Second question: i've also read that at higher lvls, clerics tend to use radiance most, since there is a lot of aoe dmg, random target attacks and stuff like that, so my 'setup' of "cleric = single heal; shaman = aoe heal" goes pretty much down the drain right? Time to invest some points into my radiance skill i presume.

Third question: About the human racial, it says that malice reduces every time the character attacks or uses skill, so how does it work really? It keeps malice down a certain vallue while the character is attacking/healing, or it keeps stacking? (which i doubt, cause that would be pretty imba) In any case, and correct me if i'm wrong, it's just another buff for the whole party except for the main tank, for obvious reasons.

Forth question (this is getting long :s ): I've never spent KP on buffs, are they needed for maxlvl stuff now? And what about enlightenment? To sum it up, what is a proper build for a wis/gheal cleric?

Fifth (and final) question: Best gear (lvl 55 - onward) for a wis/gheal spec? Back in the days i remember having on my wishlist the lvl60 orange craft mace, shield, rings, the lvl50smthing set, and some other stuff i can't remember, but since lvl cap raised, i assume there are new things out there, and that some might be outdated. So what is the best stuff we can get now? And what about the Trophies? What are the good ones now, castspeed or gheal ones? Or both sufice?

I had some shaman questions too, but this is way too long already, so i'll just leave that out, cleric is what i main, and it's what really bothers me, so sorry for the wall of text, and kudos to whomever read all of this and come up with some answers, thx in advance.
Advertisement

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedDec 10, 2012 8:00 am

Re: A lot of Cleric questions from an old player

voltaicz wrote:
Since cspd isn't that usefull now, is it still viable? Take my build for ex, 10 religious knowledge, 12 (objective was 15 at 60) evangelical theory, 12 (same as previous one) zealot discipline. I'm asking this cause for mcrit heal builds, according to what i've read, you need to be "top notch" for it to work. And to be "top notch", you need max lvl, bunch of certificates, top gear, etc, things that i don't have.

So the question is, since i don't meet the requirements for a mcrit heal build, should i respec for a proper wis/gheal build (i got a tome, and i don't bother spending it now) or my outdated one will do good? I'm asking this because my main objective, for now, is mostly pve, levling, normal instances, and trials. So far that build worked perfectly, but my fear is that in the new content stuff (60-70) i'll drop behind and failing to do my job as a cleric.  

Cast speed is still a much needed stat for healers. It simply isn't a stat that you would invest kp/gems/enchants into. Your build will work fine for your level since you are still 55, but if you want to crank out the highest heals possible, you'll want to remove the points from cast speed and put them into g-healing/wis/mcrit rate depending on the build you choose.

Second question: i've also read that at higher lvls, clerics tend to use radiance most, since there is a lot of aoe dmg, random target attacks and stuff like that, so my 'setup' of "cleric = single heal; shaman = aoe heal" goes pretty much down the drain right? Time to invest some points into my radiance skill i presume.  

Your build won't need to change to adjust to aoe-healing. All you need to do is lvl up healing radiance and just used to spamming that along with purifying wind. You'll find that the cleric can do everything your shaman could as far as aoe-healing, if not more. The great thing about aoe-healing is that it gives your gear a chance to proc everytime you hit someone. If you use cast speed procs for example, you can reach instant cast speed and keep it going just by healing your party a couple of times.

Third question: About the human racial, it says that malice reduces every time the character attacks or uses skill, so how does it work really? It keeps malice down a certain vallue while the character is attacking/healing, or it keeps stacking? (which i doubt, cause that would be pretty imba) In any case, and correct me if i'm wrong, it's just another buff for the whole party except for the main tank, for obvious reasons.  

Snub works in a similar way to the tank skill declaration of anger. Malice is always confusing for me to explain, so think of it like this: A dps does lets say 2k damage to a mob and therefore generates 2k points worth of malice (not saying thats how you calculate malice or anything, this is just an example). You then buff the dps with snub. Let's say the snub reduces malice by 50 points. Now, the dps hits a mob for 2k dmg again. This time, they only generate 1950 points worth of malice.

Snub does not stack (unless the person you use it on has -minus malice multipliers, then it may stack, I'm not sure). The value is reduces malice by is flat. Bottom line, it's designed to help keep party members from stealing aggro from the tank. Some people like to max it, and others don't see the point. I find that when I heal for high level parties with OP dps, all the snub in the world won't stop them from taking aggro from the tank. At your level, snub might make more of a difference, I'm not really sure.

Forth question (this is getting long :s ): I've never spent KP on buffs, are they needed for maxlvl stuff now? And what about enlightenment? To sum it up, what is a proper build for a wis/gheal cleric?  

You'll want to add kp to Light Blessing, since its the best stat cleric gives and only needs 1 point to increase. I wouldn't bother adding the point to Grace of Wisdom since you'd have to spend kp on cast speed (which you shouldnt be doing) to unlock it anyway. Rather or not you add the point to Hard Truth is up to personal preference. I personally like the path of Healing Hands > Hard Truth, but some healers would prefer to spend points elsewhere. Enlightenment should be maxed, since Healing Radiance is going to be your main heal.

The generic kp build for pure wis/g-heal clerics is:

15 lvls wisdom
15 lvls g-healing
5 lvls purifying wind > 5 lvls healing radiance
5 lvls healing hands > 1 lvl hard truth
1 lvl light blessing

For a total of 67 points. If you level cleric to 70, you'd have 3 points leftover.

Fifth (and final) question: Best gear (lvl 55 - onward) for a wis/gheal spec? Back in the days i remember having on my wishlist the lvl60 orange craft mace, shield, rings, the lvl50smthing set, and some other stuff i can't remember, but since lvl cap raised, i assume there are new things out there, and that some might be outdated. So what is the best stuff we can get now? And what about the Trophies? What are the good ones now, castspeed or gheal ones? Or both sufice?  

I would suggest the blessing bell set. It's lvl 53 orange amor that gives wis, g-healing and cast speed. For your mace/maces, the lvl 50 healing mace has a nice proc. Or, you could go with the lvl 60 immortal art mace when you hit 60. For the shield, I'd suggest the lvl 55 shield called False pain (it gives a wis and elemental resist proc). For rings, the True ocean ring is good for the wis proc. Any accessory that procs wisdom, g-healing, or cast speed can work for the wis/g-heal cleric. Same goes for trophies. As for the best healing gear in the game, you won't see that until you hit lvl 65-70. I can tell you what it is but for now I suggested gear close to your level range.

I had some shaman questions too, but this is way too long already, so i'll just leave that out, cleric is what i main, and it's what really bothers me, so sorry for the wall of text, and kudos to whomever read all of this and come up with some answers, thx in advance.  

No worries about the wall of text. The class guide forums are here to help people improve their classes, so ask all the questions you want. Keep in mind that if any of your shaman questions deal with equips, you can generally use the same stuff as your cleric, unless you prefer to use a staff with shaman. Hope I helped, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask :3

voltaicz

Rank 0
PostedDec 10, 2012 1:28 pm
woah, thx for the quick reply raedrin, and since you gave me permission to ask a few more things, i'm gonna do so Razz

So, cspeed is still needed, but not worth spending points and enchants on it, i get it. So we just need to grab it from gear parts, certs, some trophies (which i have) and procs, right? I might respec anyway, so i can start to get the feeling of the new build, plus all my enchants are cspeed ones, and i won't change them for now, only when i acquire new gear, so i think i won't feel that much of a diference in terms of cspeed.

When i said the invest points into radiance, i was meaning what you said, my radiance is lvl40, cause i leveled the single target heals/hot prior to that (cause as i said, i had the aoe heal duty on my shaman). Is it worth leveling purifying wind too? or just the radiance is enough?

I get your explanation on the snub mechanic, it works just as i thought.

And thanks for that build, i'll play around with the talent calculator to see what is the best setup i can get for my lvl, maybe 10/10 on wis/gheal, and start to spread some points into the rest (except for light blessing, since it's 1point only, i'm gonna get it when i hit 60 and got that spell).

I just checked, and the blessing bell was the set i was talking about. The mace was the immortal one. I haven't decided yet if i'll go 2xmace or mace+shield, i like 2xmace for higher stats, but i think i'll need some def/resists from a shield, and the one you mentioned seems pretty decent. I got a true ocean ring already, but that is lvl50, i had the idea there was a lvl60 correspondent, so going with them both might be the best.
For the upper gear, you can left it here if you want/when you can, it can stay for future reference and for others with the same questions.
Just another thing, is it _needed_ to get, for exemple, the lvl53 set, or some blues that we get from quests/normal instances and stuff from trials is enough? I'm asking this because crafting, or buying all the stuff, can turn out quite expensive, if the blues are enough for 55-onward instances/trials, i might just get them, and skip until i had the lvl for the final craft stuff, if the lvl53 set and the other craft items are really needed for that, i'll just craft/buy those and throw out the blues.

The questions about shaman are pretty similar, i know the gear is pretty much the same, except for the staff, which one is the recomended one then?
And the other thing about shamans, it's the build setup (again). I've made him a cspeed one too, so which one people runs these days for a wis/gheal build?

well, just ended with another wall of text Razz , but thx again Smile

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedDec 10, 2012 3:08 pm
voltaicz wrote:
woah, thx for the quick reply raedrin, and since you gave me permission to ask a few more things, i'm gonna do so Razz

So, cspeed is still needed, but not worth spending points and enchants on it, i get it. So we just need to grab it from gear parts, certs, some trophies (which i have) and procs, right? I might respec anyway, so i can start to get the feeling of the new build, plus all my enchants are cspeed ones, and i won't change them for now, only when i acquire new gear, so i think i won't feel that much of a diference in terms of cspeed.

When i said the invest points into radiance, i was meaning what you said, my radiance is lvl40, cause i leveled the single target heals/hot prior to that (cause as i said, i had the aoe heal duty on my shaman). Is it worth leveling purifying wind too? or just the radiance is enough?

I get your explanation on the snub mechanic, it works just as i thought.

And thanks for that build, i'll play around with the talent calculator to see what is the best setup i can get for my lvl, maybe 10/10 on wis/gheal, and start to spread some points into the rest (except for light blessing, since it's 1point only, i'm gonna get it when i hit 60 and got that spell).

I just checked, and the blessing bell was the set i was talking about. The mace was the immortal one. I haven't decided yet if i'll go 2xmace or mace+shield, i like 2xmace for higher stats, but i think i'll need some def/resists from a shield, and the one you mentioned seems pretty decent. I got a true ocean ring already, but that is lvl50, i had the idea there was a lvl60 correspondent, so going with them both might be the best.
For the upper gear, you can left it here if you want/when you can, it can stay for future reference and for others with the same questions.
Just another thing, is it _needed_ to get, for exemple, the lvl53 set, or some blues that we get from quests/normal instances and stuff from trials is enough? I'm asking this because crafting, or buying all the stuff, can turn out quite expensive, if the blues are enough for 55-onward instances/trials, i might just get them, and skip until i had the lvl for the final craft stuff, if the lvl53 set and the other craft items are really needed for that, i'll just craft/buy those and throw out the blues.

The questions about shaman are pretty similar, i know the gear is pretty much the same, except for the staff, which one is the recomended one then?
And the other thing about shamans, it's the build setup (again). I've made him a cspeed one too, so which one people runs these days for a wis/gheal build?

well, just ended with another wall of text Razz , but thx again Smile  

Yep, Cast Speed should be obtained from Agility and Cast Speed on gear, Legendary Achievement bonus, the Cast Speed pet if you like, and perhaps your Ice Meteor. Don't bother using KP, enchants, or gems for Cast Speed because the above passives should be enough. If it isn't, get a proc (Highlands is full of them in its fame chest) and you should be able to hit 100% Cast Speed with Illusionist support easily. I've done it and I don't have orange armor nor a Cast Speed pet nor the Ice Meteor active nor levesl 50/65 of my Legendary Achievements completed, so I know it's possible.

It's the natural progression to shift from single target to AoE once you hit level 60. Keep Healing Radiance leveled alongside your buffs and regular Cure. You can't level Purifying Wind, so don't worry about it.

Declaration of Anger and Snub have their effects applied to elemental damage as well. That means that if you have an elemental damage, say Fire, on your weapon so that you do 2000 damage + 15 Fire damage, you'll get that -50 malice from Snub for both the initial hit and additional elemental damage (so total of 100 in this case). It is applied to every single different type of elemental damage one stacks, as well as the brief extra damage an enemy takes while afflicted with Provoke and Group Provoke's debuffs, and double or triple hits.

Blue armor is generally fine as long as you have a decent set of weapons and accessories (which can be used past their level since you aren't aiming at dealing damage, but instead using them for their effects). Make sure you have decent Cast Speed and that your computer doesn't lag while you heal and you probably won't run into problems.

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedDec 10, 2012 5:02 pm
voltaicz wrote:

Keep in mind that you can't actually lvl purifying wind. When I said put points into it, I was referring to the kp, which increases the buff duration (and more importantly, unlocks the healing radiance kp).

Lvl g-healing first. You'll get a higher healing bonus out of points into g-healing than points into wisdom. Also, light blessing is your luck buff that you get at lvl 20ish, so you already have it unlocked. Go ahead and add the point in early.

I got a true ocean ring already, but that is lvl50, i had the idea there was a lvl60 correspondent, so going with them both might be the best.  

The procs you choose will depend on your build, but the lvl 60 healing ring only gets about 30 wis more from the proc than true ocean. If anything, keep the ocean ring until lvl 63 or so, when you can get the aurora ring (it gives +239 g-healing as the proc). You could use both healing rings of course, but until you get more base cast speed you'll probably want to use the highland fame ring katashi mentioned (called the illusion ring) as your 2nd ring.

What healers decide is the best gear in the end-game depends on the healer and their personal build. In my opinion, the BEST possible healer gear as of the time of this post is essentially the awakened armor + awakened mace and shield. Accessories, gems, certs, etc vary depending on your build.

It's not NEEDED to get an orange set right away, but it is recommended if you plan on solo healing things like 5-mans and trial parties. Also keep in mind that orange armor has no durability, and that if you get an orange set, it can last you until lvl 63 or even 70, which frees up your quest reward armor for other paths.

If you are off-healing on shaman, and just want cast speed, a staff will work fine. If you are main-healing, you're going to want to use a mace + shield or dual maces for higher heals.

KP for a pure wis/g-healing shaman:

15 lvls g-healing
9 lvls wisdom
5 lvls rainmaker
5 lvls carving knowledge
10 lvls elemental resists
1 lvl earth energy
1 lvl marks of wind
1 lvl puma

Total points used = 66 points. If you level shaman to 70, you will have 4 points leftover.

Declaration of Anger and Snub have their effects applied to elemental damage as well. That means that if you have an elemental damage, say Fire, on your weapon so that you do 2000 damage + 15 Fire damage, you'll get that -50 malice from Snub for both the initial hit and additional elemental damage (so total of 100 in this case). It is applied to every single different type of elemental damage one stacks, as well as the brief extra damage an enemy takes while afflicted with Provoke and Group Provoke's debuffs, and double or triple hits.  

Something else I wanted to add. While katashi is right about the elemental dmgs and triple hits (I think its only triple, not double; last I checked stuff procs on the 1st and third hit only but I could be wrong). Keep in mind that this will only apply to the dps in your party. I didn't include the info earlier since I figured it wouldnt apply to the OP since he would be primarily healing.

aurorasoltice

GameSage: Eden Eternal
aurorasoltice
PostedDec 11, 2012 10:27 am
Since raedrin has basically explained most stuffs, i'm not going to repeat because most of my answers are similar anyway. However i'd like to add a bit about gear. When saying 'best healing gear'n it really depends on how you define 'best'. If you want the highest heal you can get, immortal art gives higher heal compared to awakened mace and so on. Set wise, idk about others but i'm currently using awakened set and i also have the 65 yellow set (spectral pinion) and heal wise, i actually heal higher with my spectral pinion, with exactly same certing-gears-trophies and such. I also have 20-50 points wis higher on my awakening set but still i heal higher with spectral. I cant really be sure but what i want to say here, the 63/65 set is actually good enough for healing. Also in my opinion if you're not planning to make awakening set (in the long run), better use 63/65 set than 68/70 set. 63/65 set has much better bonuses than 68/70 set, not much difference on def and stats either.

Anyway i'll suggest you start levelling first, as for kp you can leave it for the mean time and start healing more, find what you lack and how you want to build your cleric, then you can reset your kp and such Smile

Posted By Aeria Mobile