Technature

Rank 5
Technature
PostedDec 10, 2012 8:38 am

Games you love don't get attention? Tough luck.

As far as I can tell, Aeria doesn't care, especially if they're failing.
Here I am, going around online, logging into Aeria to complain about the stupidly large number of necro threads not being addressed and what do I see?

This. Just...this. It's been...how long? A year? Longer, maybe? And this stupid game (if you like it, fine, I don't) is STILL on the front page, and now there's advertisements for it, and...AAARRRGGGHHH!

You know, I get that you want to put your best foot forward, show what you think is the best game you've got, and there's not much you can look at besides history. But there are games that still have problems that need to be fixed. Not to mention, there is a game that should be MUCH more successful than the failure it is right now. What am I talking about? I don't know, maybe try...

How many people reading this didn't even know there was an english version of this? Keep your hand down, everyone else raise your hand. It'll be easier to count. There are 3 other servers. The Japanese server is very successful. The Taiwan server is very successful. The Chinese server is so successful, they bought the rights to modify their server. Why is the english server failing? Why are problems, even ones I know that should be fixable by you guys (Like FREAKING TYPOS) still run rampant on this server?

No advertisements, problems never get fixed, cruel attitude towards newbies (about the only thing that can be blamed on the community), no contact with the community...Hard, you guys recently screwed up the only job you've been doing right all this time. ANNOUNCING WHEN SPECIFIC EVENTS WERE GONNA HAPPEN!

This game should be MUCH more successful than it is. I keep seeing Dynasty Warrior games that get the "Classic game" logo thing slapped on it. Where are all the people that love this series, that buy every game of this series, that would enjoy something like this? I remember when I first played this, the newbie area was filled with people. It was difficult to talk to specific NPC's if you didn't know you didn't automatically select players to talk to. Now, I'm lucky to see even one person there. I'm not saying it should be a sea of players, but I think there should be people in there more often. This game easily has the potential to be one of, if not THE best game, that Aeria has to offer, and it's...it's just not happening.

I love this game. I don't want it to die, and I'm sure it's not the only one at risk here. If the current gm's aren't doing anything productive, fire them and get ones that will.

Edit:Just figured I should throw this in, but I just found out there were survival matches today, right now. Thanks for letting me know ahead of time, Aeria. Really awesome of you. /sarcasm
Advertisement

christianwest

Rank 0
PostedDec 10, 2012 10:38 am

Re: Games you love don't get attention? Tough luck.

Technature wrote:
Here I am, going around online, logging into Aeria to complain about the stupidly large number of necro threads not being addressed and what do I see?

This. Just...this. It's been...how long? A year? Longer, maybe? And this stupid game (if you like it, fine, I don't) is STILL on the front page, and now there's advertisements for it, and...AAARRRGGGHHH!

You know, I get that you want to put your best foot forward, show what you think is the best game you've got, and there's not much you can look at besides history. But there are games that still have problems that need to be fixed. Not to mention, there is a game that should be MUCH more successful than the failure it is right now. What am I talking about? I don't know, maybe try...

How many people reading this didn't even know there was an english version of this? Keep your hand down, everyone else raise your hand. It'll be easier to count. There are 3 other servers. The Japanese server is very successful. The Taiwan server is very successful. The Chinese server is so successful, they bought the rights to modify their server. Why is the english server failing? Why are problems, even ones I know that should be fixable by you guys (Like FREAKING TYPOS) still run rampant on this server?

No advertisements, problems never get fixed, cruel attitude towards newbies (about the only thing that can be blamed on the community), no contact with the community...****, you guys recently screwed up the only job you've been doing right all this time. ANNOUNCING WHEN SPECIFIC EVENTS WERE GONNA HAPPEN!

This game should be MUCH more successful than it is. I keep seeing Dynasty Warrior games that get the "Classic game" logo thing slapped on it. Where are all the people that love this series, that buy every game of this series, that would enjoy something like this? I remember when I first played this, the newbie area was filled with people. It was difficult to talk to specific NPC's if you didn't know you didn't automatically select players to talk to. Now, I'm lucky to see even one person there. I'm not saying it should be a sea of players, but I think there should be people in there more often. This game easily has the potential to be one of, if not THE best game, that Aeria has to offer, and it's...it's just not happening.

I love this game. I don't want it to die, and I'm sure it's not the only one at risk here. If the current gm's aren't doing anything productive, fire them and get ones that will.

Edit:Just figured I should throw this in, but I just found out there were survival matches today, right now. Thanks for letting me know ahead of time, Aeria. Really awesome of you. /sarcasm  
Aeria: OOOOOO MONEY! 030

totalttwinkles

Rank 0
totalttwinkles
PostedDec 10, 2012 10:40 am
were the

is the peach garden?

christianwest

Rank 0
PostedDec 10, 2012 10:41 am
totalttwinkles wrote:
were the

is the peach garden?  
talk to the peach nymph in one of the plazas

christianwest

Rank 0
PostedDec 10, 2012 10:58 am

Re: Games you love don't get attention? Tough luck.

Technature wrote:

No advertisements, problems never get fixed, cruel attitude towards newbies (about the only thing that can be blamed on the community), no contact with the community...****, you guys recently screwed up the only job you've been doing right all this time. ANNOUNCING WHEN SPECIFIC EVENTS WERE GONNA HAPPEN!

Great job Tech but i doubt they'll even try to fix DWO, its an awesome game and if it were playable (cuz i mean **** do i even have to explain this) alot of the old players would come back and if they just tried one little bit to advertise maybe we'd get some new players that dont quit within 5 days (or 1 minute) But anyway good thread ^^

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedDec 10, 2012 3:41 pm
When it comes down to it, comparing the Asian servers to the English servers just doesn't work. Eastern and Western MMO culture are vastly different, so something ridiculously popular there may just flunk out here, and something popular here may die over there.

Dynasty Warriors, in the west, is a very niche game series. Sure, it has it's fans, but no where near as many as you seem to believe there are, not many will try out DWO out of brand loyalty.

<center></center>

Technature

Rank 5
Technature
PostedDec 10, 2012 5:41 pm
I understand that just cause I like it doesn't mean it's popular, especially when it comes to foreign games. But here's the thing. It's not like the games don't sell. As I've mentioned, the games keep getting that special "Classic games" or "Platinum Games". It's not like the fandom is a small village worth of people. There are plenty of people out there. I've met 5 different fans in this town, for that matter. Guess how many of them heard there was an English online version?

Lack of advertisement means the only way these people are gonna find this game is if they search for it on a whim. It doesn't help that the GM's and GS's for the game do a **** job. I cannot possibly think that Aeria cares enough to advertise this game when they don't even bother putting in the effort to fix typos.

Zimmey4

Rank 1
Zimmey4
PostedDec 10, 2012 6:11 pm
I was once telling a GM that Twelve Sky 2 needed new blood to keep the game going. His response was that I should make a fan page, a TS2 site on facebook, and tell my friends to play. WTH Aeria the players in the community already buy AP to keep servers going, you expect the community to police the game since you wont pony up for anti hack systems, and now you want us to advertise your sub-par service? In short unless you are playing one of Aeria's new titles ie (scarlet blade or DKO) don't expect for Aeria to advertise your game.