Memphis

Aeria: Product Manager
Memphis
PostedDec 10, 2012 12:57 am   Last edited by Memphis on Jan 06, 2013 8:39 pm. Edited 2 times in total

December State of Golden Age address

Memphis Edition
Hello Everyone!

This will be our first edition of the "State of Golden Age Address". What this will be is a producer's blog(Mine) that I update each month to let everyone know the stuff that will be coming to Golden age, issues, Patches, and how I run promotions. A lot of things will be changing over the course the next couple months, so please bare with me and the GM staff, and we will bring Golden Age to its former glory.

Get informed with the latest and greatest in Golden Age below.

Don't forget to leave your feedback!

State of Golden Age Address
December 2012 Edition

A little bit about Me

As some of you know, I was orginally the Product Manger for Wolf Team and Soldier Front. I have worked with Aeria for quite some time now, and learned a lot from every product that I ever worked on. Originally I came into Aeria as a Biller, then was promoted to a Product Manager for Realm of the Titans when it was in Beta. Soon after that, I became the PM for Wolf Team and Soldier Front. Both games I ran in the past had its problems, and I did everything I can to bring both games back into its prime, and if you ask any Wolf Team player or Soldier Front player, you will understand exactly what I did there. Rome was not built in a day, but by the time I left, Rome was built. My long term goal for Golden Age is just that, building Rome.

I will work countless hours to get Golden Age back on its feet, with the help from you, the GM staff, and the developers, I truly see Golden Age coming back into its glory days. So please bare with me, and I promise I will do all I can. You will all come to realize sooner or later, that I have the personality of a pit bull. I get things done. Period.

Bugs in Golden Age

Today is my 9th day working on Golden Age, and I have seen a few bugs that need to be addressed. Me, the GM staff, and the developers are currently working hard on resolving as many bugs as we can, so please be patient. If you feel there are bugs in the game that we are unaware of, please help us by letting us know immediately, so we can address this with the developers!

Contact Us Now

With Each Month Comes New Stuff...

The remaining of December is no different! We currently have a lot of new stuff right now coming down the pipeline. Unfortunately I can not give away much to you all right now, but from what i have seen, I doubt you all will be let down.

Tiers and Promotions

I am currently aware of the promotions you all had in the past with Electro and Lance. I am currently trying to find the perfect balance that makes our spenders very happy, while giving our non spenders a chance to obtain some cool stuff. I firmly believe in rewarding all our players, spenders and non spenders cool items.

If you have not noticed yet, I like to randomly send you all mails in game, with attached items like troops, pearls, bags, etc etc. This will not change going forward. I will continue to give you all some cool gifts just for playing Golden Age.

On to tiers...

As you may have seen, I enjoy running tiers, and I really enjoy running them on random days. I will sometimes have AMAZING tiers that everyone will love, and I sometimes will have some lower price point tiers that give a good amount of items for our lower spenders. I do this because I truly feel that you shouldnt have to spend a lot to really enjoy playing Golden Age.

Sometimes during the week, I will run my "Mini EXPERIENCE" tiers, and what these tiers have is a low gold exchange, that gives everyone who does it a lot of great items at low exchange points.

Please remember, not all tiers will blow your minds, some tiers will benefit lower level players, while some tiers will drastically make our high level players happy. My plan is to find the balance between everything, and make everyone happy.

Please remember, log in each day! Why? Because sometimes I will run a 12-24 hour tier, and if you do not see it.... you wont be able to qualify for it! Trust me, it will be AWESOME!

Communication within Golden Age...

I enjoy talking with the community, and I make it a priority to talk with everyone in-game, and in the shout box. From the second I come to work, till the second I leave, I am always lurking in our shout box, so please, dont hesitate to drop by the shout box and say hi. If you have any questions regarding ANYTHING, please let me know immediately and I will try my best answer it for you.

MORE EVENTS

We plan on having a lot more events, that will engage our entire community. If you have ideas on events that we can run to grow Golden Age, grow the forumers, and make our shout box a exciting place, please let us know!

Here are some questions asked in the past regarding Golden Age

1. Is Golden Age going away?
NO! We have just launched Golden Age in Germany! That brings us to a total of 2 versions running through Aeria games.
2.Are we going to see any more price cuts?
YES! We are looking at making Golden Age more accessible to users.
3. Does that mean we will never see tier's again?
No, we will still have tiers. We want to try new promotions with new content!
4. New content?
YEP! We have a lot of new content in the pipeline. Expect to see some new gear sets.
5. Hey, fix bugs before adding new content!
This is complicated. First, we have to verify that it is a bug, next we have to test the "bug". After we verify its a bug it goes to the Dev's. Once its in their hands all we can do is wait. While the dev's fix bugs they also make new content. That why you Guys/Gals get some items that can not be used immediately.
6. That's cool, but its been 6 months for bug XXXXX.
Yes, we know. Expect to see a lot of the smaller text issue being fixed soon. We are also going to be making a post regarding some of the longer standing "bugs".
7.When will items become mailable via Postman Brown?As of right now, we have no plans to increase the amount of tradeable items. In our experience this drastically increase the amount of fraud, and account sharing/hacking.
8.Will we ever be getting Sire Pets?
We have not heard anything regarding sire pets. That does not mean that they are not coming in the future Wink  

Lastly... FACEBOOK

I plan on growing our Facebook, by having a lot of Aeria player try Golden age out, and liking our page. With your help, we will grow this game and our Facebook page

I believe this is it for our December State of Address. If you all have questions or concerns, please let us know and we can do what is needed to get it answered for you!

Rome was not built in a day, nor will Golden Age, but it will be with your help

-Memphis
Advertisement

PlagueMachine

Rank 0
PlagueMachine
PostedDec 10, 2012 1:41 am
good for you aeria, finally our prayers and bone throwing voodoo magic has been answered and we have someone who understands and cares and listens to members!

marieke2010

Rank 0
PostedDec 10, 2012 2:27 am
memphis, i think you are the right man for the job.

since you been on thinks have changed already. aeria is finally communicating with its customers and saying what is being done about stuff. thats great to see. and also whats coming towards us.
just want to say thanks and keep up the good work!
i have no doubt that Golden Age will be restored to its former glory with your help.

thalastknight

Rank 0
PostedDec 10, 2012 4:45 am
I would like to say that you are doing a great job so far.......

Neritti

Rank 2
Neritti
PostedDec 10, 2012 6:01 am
Wow... Smartest financial investment Aeria has made this year: Memphis's employment contract lol.

serasocial

Rank 0
serasocial
PostedDec 10, 2012 7:57 am

great but...............

are you going to fix the map bug and the customer service issue. the customer service issue is a huge issue. For example i submitted a ticket with screenshots just to wait three days when finally i gave up uninstalled my browser and reinstalled it and fix the issue myself this is totally unacceptable in my book. I also know several people have quit game due to the customer service issue. Not to be harsh but i been in games where they are not only dealing with 4 x of player volume working on constant new development, storylines , etc and have had issues taken care of more efficiently that what currently happens. I seen customer service kill games.

dkenog

Rank 0
dkenog
PostedDec 10, 2012 11:11 am
WE ARE BEING LISTENED TO, FINALLY!!! <tear>

I raise my cup, er, bottle to you Memphis! Thank you very much!!

If one doesn't respect others online, they probably don't do so in real life.

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedDec 10, 2012 1:26 pm
Memphis #2 (Behind me of course). Memphis will do everything he can to help you guys get GA back up to like it was at the beginning of the year, and hopefully bring back Old GA Players.

Leucos1996

Rank 0
PostedDec 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Blue Crown Hero

Thank you for the epic hero Blue crown
[Defensive] type
im sure he willl make of a great use for my city defense when i require use of him

Considerably, Leucos1996

Gamer name Leucos

Ranshalvaz

Rank 1
Ranshalvaz
PostedDec 11, 2012 7:33 pm
Yay for the mention of sire pets!! Smile