Assuming this idea is implemented and taking what you have said into account, the weapons would be a waste once one copy is in the archive.
Further things you should provide more details on if you are enthusiastic on this idea:
- Which special item for which classes/what abilities do you have in mind?
- A class like darkstalker has multiple ways to level, both ranged and melee. Having the item in the melee slot. How would you restrict leveling the 'skill' via a fair way for all classes.
- Although an item may provide skills learn-able by 'two' classes, it would only merely be a 'luxury' rather than a 'motivator' to make a new character. I tend to keep my high level characters on different accounts for the convenience of running dungeons rather than all on one account.
- How rare would the drop rate be?
- I feel the item NEEDS a use after the skill is learnt, being achievable still doesn't warrant future use, it'd be just a junk item. Future drops of the same item would be junk, esp if they were bound.
- Would it be tradeable?
For your convenience, I have taken the liberty to provide my own solutions to my questions and would like to hear your thoughts.
Both weapon and ranged slots would need to be occupied by these 'special' weapons in order to obtain a skill, weapons would only be usable on normal maps and would 'magically' unequip when entering dungeons, etc. Aka a Temp would need a skill relic and sword (occupies both left and right hand slots). A darkstalker would need to use the same sword and the skill bow. Alternatively they could be put in new 'skill' slots.
Drop rate would have to be rarer than Ancient talents, so as to prevent them from being a nuisance and flooding inventory once the skills are actually obtained. Also note that talents are consumed upon both success AND failure whereas this is a permanent item. Maybe consider that the item vanishes/consumed upon mastering the skill to maximum (and opting to NOT make them achievable)?
Just as a side note: Yes this is an idea, however I believe that for a successful idea, there should be a lucrative factor for the company, whilst also giving something that players 'need'/'really want'. I am not sure either of these are present here.
I do however appreciate the creativity behind this idea! Needs more info