Haosrithy1

Rank 0
Haosrithy1
New London: The city of drug e.e United States
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:35 pm

I have been scammed

exactky what the tittles says.
I got scammed of my money in Grand Fantasia. I was in Trade CHat saying that i wanted to buy LEgacy 2. SHe told me that she had an AP card that she could give me to get it in IM. She said, I give her 2.k gold for the AP card and then I get my stuff and pay her the rest. I asked her was she a scammer, she said to trust her and that UltimateMen knows her and that she is not a scammer. I pmed Ultimatemen and he said no she wasn't. Okay so i met her at kaslow AH and then I gave her 2k to give me the AP Card code. She told me She will put the AP on her account and get it for me. She told me to wait a sec. Then, she told me to give me the rest of the money to give me the LEga. After arguing i was impatient and gave her the stuff. Then she logged off. I don't know what to do she has my money and i worked hard to get it. Frustrated, i screamed at Ultimatemen which told me that he didn't know and he got scammed by her and he lost 10k gold. Please help me. This just happen a minute ago. the name of the girl who scammed me is Smexxysurf. I believe, PLease help as soon as possible.
Advertisement

holyfirespawn

Rank 0
holyfirespawn
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:56 pm
You need to send in a RT i will post the link in a second, and why would the one guy say shes not a scammer yet he got "scammed" out of 10k by the same girl?

link: http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/support

holyfirespawn

Rank 0
holyfirespawn
PostedDec 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Re: I have been scammed

exactky what the tittles says.
Haosrithy1 wrote:
I got scammed of my money in Grand Fantasia. I was in Trade CHat saying that i wanted to buy LEgacy 2. SHe told me that she had an AP card that she could give me to get it in IM. She said, I give her 2.k gold for the AP card and then I get my stuff and pay her the rest. I asked her was she a scammer, she said to trust her and that UltimateMen knows her and that she is not a scammer. I pmed Ultimatemen and he said no she wasn't. Okay so i met her at kaslow AH and then I gave her 2k to give me the AP Card code. She told me She will put the AP on her account and get it for me. She told me to wait a sec. Then, she told me to give me the rest of the money to give me the LEga. After arguing i was impatient and gave her the stuff. Then she logged off. I don't know what to do she has my money and i worked hard to get it. Frustrated, i screamed at Ultimatemen which told me that he didn't know and he got scammed by her and he lost 10k gold. Please help me. This just happen a minute ago. the name of the girl who scammed me is Smexxysurf. I believe, PLease help as soon as possible.  
I highlighted the parts which should've been obvious hints to she was going to scam you, before you EVER do something like this don't be lazy go on World chat and tell them the persons name and ask if they are a trusted person.

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedDec 09, 2012 3:03 pm
I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I just want to point out some things.

1. Never give someone money up front. That is why in trade, there is an option for gold AND items.

2. If someone even seems "fishy" and/or malicious, you shouldn't trust them. Sorry to say, but you really can't trust many people online.

3.Unfortunately, AGE really cannot help you unless you have screenshotted proof of said accuse act.

4. (Optional) IF You have proof of said accused act, you may contact Aeria at Contact Us on the Aeria Games site.

I advise you start Screen Shotting/Recording malicious trades if you really wish to do these trades.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedDec 09, 2012 3:24 pm
Good tip when buying AP cards is to check the market value on them and then decide. Usually scammers offer them at a severely reduced price which is always an alarm bell. Sorry for your loss but without screenshots of the trade/chat aeria cannot do anything since you could have just had a grudge against someone, i doubt this is the case, nonetheless aeria do not give refunds. All trading is at your own risk D:

Haosrithy5

Rank 0
PostedDec 09, 2012 6:31 pm
Thank you for all the advice. BEcause i didn't take screenshots, I have no proof so i can't take this to a GS> I guess I am going to work even harder to back my money. I guess it was all my fault ...I was too impatient.

stoudt_kyle

Rank 0
PostedDec 10, 2012 10:08 pm
No worries I was scammed and sent in screen shots but they just banned the dude and I never got my money back. Just don't TRUST anyone. Unless you've slepted with em >.>

Synith.

Rank 0
Synith.
PostedDec 10, 2012 10:27 pm
I used to do business like this with people from my prior MO and I was blunt from the start. It saved me from dealing with a lot of BS and I hope you can benefit from these words.

You tell them you are not waiting, that you want to do any trades right here, right now. If they want to hop around on other accounts or pay you back later. Don't even bother. Don't don't believe "can I borrow?" statements because those are often scammers. And for GF, do all your business with gold or item trade. Not AP. Because that is often a scam. There is a reason you're only able to use one method of payment per account for AP. And that you can only purchase AP once a week I believe.

All I can tell you, is you cannot trust anyone on this game.
And the words of the people you come into contact with.

UltimateMen, is a noob. Sounds like he was in on the deal to be honest. Since he told you that she wasn't a scammer to begin with. It's very common for the second party to comfort you and lie, claming they were also scammed by the same person.

I adivse you to add both of these people to your blocked list. Your gold won't be returned to you unfortunately... especially since you have no legitimate proof. Screenshots are very important if you feel you might be set up. Get into a routine of snapping screenshots with the trades you do here on out.

Oh yeah, and just because someone might be popular on a sever, doesn't mean that they are honest, legitimate people. Even some of those well known players are playing with negative intent when the opportunity arises.

deathdoggy102

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedDec 11, 2012 12:46 am
Synith. wrote:
I used to do business like this with people from my prior MO and I was blunt from the start. It saved me from dealing with a lot of BS and I hope you can benefit from these words.

You tell them you are not waiting, that you want to do any trades right here, right now. If they want to hop around on other accounts or pay you back later. Don't even bother. Don't don't believe "can I borrow?" statements because those are often scammers. And for GF, do all your business with gold or item trade. Not AP. Because that is often a scam. There is a reason you're only able to use one method of payment per account for AP. And that you can only purchase AP once a week I believe.

All I can tell you, is you cannot trust anyone on this game.
And the words of the people you come into contact with.

UltimateMen, is a noob. Sounds like he was in on the deal to be honest. Since he told you that she wasn't a scammer to begin with. It's very common for the second party to comfort you and lie, claming they were also scammed by the same person.

I adivse you to add both of these people to your blocked list. Your gold won't be returned to you unfortunately... especially since you have no legitimate proof. Screenshots are very important if you feel you might be set up. Get into a routine of snapping screenshots with the trades you do here on out.

Oh yeah, and just because someone might be popular on a sever, doesn't mean that they are honest, legitimate people. Even some of those well known players are playing with negative intent when the opportunity arises.

She is right about most of the things but for me I don't even sell AP cards to people even to the well known. Also I would not SS every trade you because first you wont get your gold back and just get them banned. Second you just need to check on what you are buying if you can't do that well you need too. I got scammed once and learned you just have to check what you are trading and make sure that person is not a scammer. Buying AP only once a week is not true. I buy AP every single week when I have left over money. There is a money limit per month which I have reached per month. If you need any help and you are on Ponchee just PM me. Talk to you later and sorry about you got scammed!

Server: PONCHEE, Character: Silver102 (Level: 7x), Silver104 (Level: 6x), Silver106 (Level: 4x), XxSilver102 (Level 5x) and Silver105 (Level: 4x)

Synith.

Rank 0
Synith.
PostedDec 11, 2012 1:10 am
deathdoggy102 wrote:

Buying AP only once a week is not true. I buy AP every single week when I have left over money. There is a money limit per month which I have reached per month.  

You just reassured what I originally stated?

I make my own signatures. And yes I can make you one, but they aren't free. Inbox me if you'd like to work something out. :)