Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedDec 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: Just a thought, one businessman to another

billdoor wrote:
yaynot wrote:
thomdane wrote:
In short, if you think that even though Shaiya is suffering from a couple months of crashes with no fixes, that those leaving the game are going to go to DD Tank, DK Online, Last Chaos, etc, you have lost your collective minds.  

I have to say I agree with this completely. It describes me, that's for sure. I'm trying like heck to hang on to see what happens, but once I just can't take it anymore, the LAST place I'll look for online gaming will be Aeria.

By the way, believe it of not, this has little to do with the crashes. It has quite a lot more to do with random account suspensions, erased AP, deleted toons and items and what appears to be a complete lack of concern/consideration from Aeria in response. I really do feel like I'm being shown the door. Add that on top of the crashes and the lack of communication, well, once I go through the door, I won't be coming back. Why would I?  

+1

The day I am done with Shaiya (which I for a long time now have played because of my guild and nothing else - not the love I once had for the game, not the company that runs it that, while it was never perfect, has with time fallen to such depths it is hard to fathom), I am going avoid Aeria like the plague. Shaiya does not deserve to be run by Aeria. The Shaiya community didn't deserve Aeria. There are still some individuals within the company I have some respect and sympathy for, but the company in general is making itself anathema to its own communities with its policy of omerta.

Wonder why people are leaving for illegal operators of the game? Because they treat their communities with respect and tell them what is going on. I, unfortunately, am a stickler for abiding by the law, and will never play on an illegal server. I, and those who think like me in that regard, are given short shrift and treated like we are total ignorants by Aeria. Don't you think we can read? Don't you think we can look up things online? Don't you think we can connect the dots? And once those dots are connected, don't you know how bad that makes Aeria look by the simple fact that you never tell us what is ACTUALLY going on?  
+1

To be fair, many other FTP publishers aren't that much better.
Advertisement

FlutePro

Rank 2
FlutePro
PostedDec 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks

^_^
Thank you for the update! Smile

<center></center>

rugrog

Rank 2
rugrog
PostedDec 09, 2012 4:20 am

billdoor wrote:

The day I am done with Shaiya (which I for a long time now have played because of my guild and nothing else - not the love I once had for the game, not the company that runs it that, while it was never perfect, has with time fallen to such depths it is hard to fathom), I am going avoid Aeria like the plague.  

+1

69Sephiroth

Rank 3
69Sephiroth
PostedDec 09, 2012 11:33 am
today is sunday and server only crash 6 times this week, so , not bad =p

80 UM War

Boozywench33

Rank 0
PostedDec 09, 2012 11:39 am

rugrog wrote:
billdoor wrote:

The day I am done with Shaiya (which I for a long time now have played because of my guild and nothing else - not the love I once had for the game, not the company that runs it that, while it was never perfect, has with time fallen to such depths it is hard to fathom), I am going avoid Aeria like the plague.  

+1  
+2

Aryabhatta

Rank 0
Aryabhatta
PostedDec 09, 2012 11:45 am
I was going to ask the GMs to gimme one good reason why i shld stay in this game but then thought against it lets see why i shldnt play this game
1- Server Crash a daily issue (maybe twice a day)
2- Useless Tiers (not that i have bough a single penny of AP)
3- Wld have stayed coz of friends (most of them have moved to other games)
4- this game is still good PVP is good can spend $$ for a good pvp gear ( seriously you dont know even when they will close down the server and run off with your money then you can shove your PVP set somewhere)

I think i got enough reason not to spend too much time on this game , i guess

grieverblade

Rank 1
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Boozywench33 wrote:
rugrog wrote:
billdoor wrote:

+1  
+2  

+3

I've already started to look elsewhere..and elsewhere where Aeria is not involved, because **** they know how to ruin things. They've done more harm than fixes overall. Granted the issue might be some outsider hacking, but there are many MMORPG you pay $60 once and everything is in game (gear, enchanting, equivalent of lapis, etc) stuff sold in their item mall is just cosmetic things that could help you, but not give you an opportunity edge over anyone else. I'm giving GW2 a shot.

Miss_Lu

Rank 0
PostedDec 09, 2012 1:21 pm

billdoor wrote:
yaynot wrote:
thomdane wrote:
In short, if you think that even though Shaiya is suffering from a couple months of crashes with no fixes, that those leaving the game are going to go to DD Tank, DK Online, Last Chaos, etc, you have lost your collective minds.  

I have to say I agree with this completely. It describes me, that's for sure. I'm trying like heck to hang on to see what happens, but once I just can't take it anymore, the LAST place I'll look for online gaming will be Aeria.

By the way, believe it of not, this has little to do with the crashes. It has quite a lot more to do with random account suspensions, erased AP, deleted toons and items and what appears to be a complete lack of concern/consideration from Aeria in response. I really do feel like I'm being shown the door. Add that on top of the crashes and the lack of communication, well, once I go through the door, I won't be coming back. Why would I?  

+1

The day I am done with Shaiya (which I for a long time now have played because of my guild and nothing else - not the love I once had for the game, not the company that runs it that, while it was never perfect, has with time fallen to such depths it is hard to fathom), I am going avoid Aeria like the plague. Shaiya does not deserve to be run by Aeria. The Shaiya community didn't deserve Aeria. There are still some individuals within the company I have some respect and sympathy for, but the company in general is making itself anathema to its own communities with its policy of omerta.

Wonder why people are leaving for illegal operators of the game? Because they treat their communities with respect and tell them what is going on. I, unfortunately, am a stickler for abiding by the law, and will never play on an illegal server. I, and those who think like me in that regard, are given short shrift and treated like we are total ignorants by Aeria. Don't you think we can read? Don't you think we can look up things online? Don't you think we can connect the dots? And once those dots are connected, don't you know how bad that makes Aeria look by the simple fact that you never tell us what is ACTUALLY going on?  

Let me correct it for you. Not in each country is it illegal to play on a PS.

2nd... why do you think you can´t play, if AEG is not be able to stop to act like a cheap *****? You know they break comon law´s to sell AP. They act like crime subjects, getting money by lying. Wtf.... they ban you besides to ask whats wrong.

They lie, you cheat... it´s a fair deal XD

GM´s are supposed to ban you if you point out the truth. GM´s = No backbones, no chance of a fair job in rl.

This game is simple like the company is: Lie to get money, blame others (nexon) and get banned for telling the truth. That´s how allz will ends up.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedDec 09, 2012 4:02 pm
@ Miss_Lu: For all their faults, we as members of Aeria's community have signed off on their ToS, which is the basis for the relationship between us and them. Unfortunately, this gives Aeria the legal backing to do some of the things you accuse them off, which are detrimental to the player community who choose to sign up. More the fools we, I guess.

That said, it doesn't mean that the p-servers don't have an issue with legality. As much as I dislike Aeria, they still have the distribution rights for a wide swathe of the world. Some countries might not be covered by the legalities involved, but I am fairly sure mine is. Call me boring, but I want to stay on the right side of the law. I am not going to commit crimes over a game. The day I do, I better go get my head checked. If the decision to join something criminal is that easy for people, it says something about their moral fibre.

That said, I've said a lot about Aeria's moral backbone as well. It's one hollow piece of spine. But at least it is legal.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

Miss_Lu

Rank 0
PostedDec 09, 2012 4:40 pm
billdoor wrote:
@ Miss_Lu: For all their faults, we as members of Aeria's community have signed off on their ToS, which is the basis for the relationship between us and them. Unfortunately, this gives Aeria the legal backing to do some of the things you accuse them off, which are detrimental to the player community who choose to sign up. More the fools we, I guess.

That said, it doesn't mean that the p-servers don't have an issue with legality. As much as I dislike Aeria, they still have the distribution rights for a wide swathe of the world. Some countries might not be covered by the legalities involved, but I am fairly sure mine is. Call me boring, but I want to stay on the right side of the law. I am not going to commit crimes over a game. The day I do, I better go get my head checked. If the decision to join something criminal is that easy for people, it says something about their moral fibre.

That said, I've said a lot about Aeria's moral backbone as well. It's one hollow piece of spine. But at least it is legal.  

Sry that i don´t speak english as well as i shud to make it easy to understood.

First.. it was a technical not a mentally hint, not to say what you shud do or not.

If you agree to the ToS of what? Shaiya u.s. then you play by the rules. Thats ok. I agree.

But this doesn´t means shaiya on PS´s are in ALL country´s forbidden. This is common law and you shud know it.

To the second let me break it down for you:

You accept the ToS of shaiya u.s. if you play on u.s. servers. What happen if shaiya by AEG runs in different countrys to make money but they don´t respect the low in this country? You got it? How do you call a global player then? Lawbreaker? Arrogant? Thiefs? Tell me... don´t.-.-.- we are aware of it...

=P