I think the Enchant Re-Scaling...

Has helped PvP and was a good call!
40%140 Votes
Is good, but should've been more aggressive (lower at low lvl, higher at high lvl)
21%75 Votes
Has not helped PvP
10%35 Votes
Has made PvP less fun overall
14%52 Votes
I don't play Shaiya anymore, but my opinion still matters! (Troll vote)
13%47 Votes
Total Votes :: 349 Votes

modernshaman

Rank 0
modernshaman
PostedNov 05, 2012 12:50 pm

noob whine, had to do it

rescaling or not, maps are deserted
I want to put out there what I have noticed and experienced. Obviously, there will be differing points of view and opposite experiences, since the same people generally don't play all day long in the same place.
I am only a 58 HM fig, but before ep6 and the advent of 70+ ubers with more hp on their gaunts than I have in total, I was able to grind in the desert and jungle maps without constantly getting 1-hitted. Since ep6, I have upgraded my gear from [3] and [4] at best to [6] and [9]. I have relinked 5s+ and added ele to weps and tops. I am much more bored than before. I really thought that if I upgraded and hit the same mobs, I might be able to farm and solo with more ease, making the game more 'fun.' However, I am constantly overpowered, and this leaves me with one option if I want to actually play the game; go to upper viri or cali and solo. How is this fun? I don't think it's fun.
Also, why are mobs and lapis drops in DD1, DD2, Karis, D1, D2, Jungle all designed for toons at a level below 60 if the maps are just going to be owned by 80s?
Either change the maps to 70+mobs and remove all delusional aspects of farming there in the 50s, or make a level cap (in at least one map) so toons can actually use the maps designed for them.
As always, this reply will be met with sarcasm and some kind of "I'm better than you and you're a noob" response. I understand the need to attack other players personally, I really do . . . Regardless of the passion and competition that is part of why I love the challenge of this game, I have found that it is pointless to even try to play unless you already have endgame toons. Any attempt to level up and make money to uber up your toons - including dropping (I think I'm at $300 now) real money for upgrades - is met with nothing more than more 70+ ubers ranking their buddies in low level maps. My opinion, and it's "MY OPINION" for all you trolls >.<, is that noobs should have a place to play with other noobs without getting pwned by uber 70+ players that obviously don't understand the player cooperation that is required to keep awesome pvp in Shaiya alive and moving forward.
Exceptions to my whine
There have been times in which I was able to grind in these maps alongside full parties of Furies. We chatted and discovered that we are all sick of getting rolled by high levels. This has created a strange comraderie between factions, at least for the 50s toons I have seen and shared map areas with. Maybe, since the new changes in the game have inspired this unspoken alliance between darks and lights (who are tired of getting pwned by high lvl jerks & just want to actually kill some mobs for once), could there be an option to ally with fury players, kind of like a guild, but across faction? Maybe, so if you are in pvp areas, and there IS killing happening, you can't 'accidently' kill your ally who is also on the opposing faction . . . just a thought. Anyway, the game has become boring even with my improved gear, not even really interested in continuing to apply 'Y' and #19 since I dont see how it will help. If someone has a solution other than "go to pando," please let me know.
Advertisement

RelentlessPace

Rank 4
RelentlessPace
PostedNov 06, 2012 6:19 am

Re: noob whine, had to do it

rescaling or not, maps are deserted
modernshaman wrote:
I want to put out there what I have noticed and experienced. Obviously, there will be differing points of view and opposite experiences, since the same people generally don't play all day long in the same place.
I am only a 58 HM fig, but before ep6 and the advent of 70+ ubers with more hp on their gaunts than I have in total, I was able to grind in the desert and jungle maps without constantly getting 1-hitted. Since ep6, I have upgraded my gear from [3] and [4] at best to [6] and [9]. I have relinked 5s+ and added ele to weps and tops. I am much more bored than before. I really thought that if I upgraded and hit the same mobs, I might be able to farm and solo with more ease, making the game more 'fun.' However, I am constantly overpowered, and this leaves me with one option if I want to actually play the game; go to upper viri or cali and solo. How is this fun? I don't think it's fun.
Also, why are mobs and lapis drops in DD1, DD2, Karis, D1, D2, Jungle all designed for toons at a level below 60 if the maps are just going to be owned by 80s?
Either change the maps to 70+mobs and remove all delusional aspects of farming there in the 50s, or make a level cap (in at least one map) so toons can actually use the maps designed for them.
As always, this reply will be met with sarcasm and some kind of "I'm better than you and you're a noob" response. I understand the need to attack other players personally, I really do . . . Regardless of the passion and competition that is part of why I love the challenge of this game, I have found that it is pointless to even try to play unless you already have endgame toons. Any attempt to level up and make money to uber up your toons - including dropping (I think I'm at $300 now) real money for upgrades - is met with nothing more than more 70+ ubers ranking their buddies in low level maps. My opinion, and it's "MY OPINION" for all you trolls >.<, is that noobs should have a place to play with other noobs without getting pwned by uber 70+ players that obviously don't understand the player cooperation that is required to keep awesome pvp in Shaiya alive and moving forward.
Exceptions to my whine
There have been times in which I was able to grind in these maps alongside full parties of Furies. We chatted and discovered that we are all sick of getting rolled by high levels. This has created a strange comraderie between factions, at least for the 50s toons I have seen and shared map areas with. Maybe, since the new changes in the game have inspired this unspoken alliance between darks and lights (who are tired of getting pwned by high lvl jerks & just want to actually kill some mobs for once), could there be an option to ally with fury players, kind of like a guild, but across faction? Maybe, so if you are in pvp areas, and there IS killing happening, you can't 'accidently' kill your ally who is also on the opposing faction . . . just a thought. Anyway, the game has become boring even with my improved gear, not even really interested in continuing to apply 'Y' and #19 since I dont see how it will help. If someone has a solution other than "go to pando," please let me know.  

go to stigma :3 u get exp and lapis :3

jess_m

Rank 1
jess_m
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:16 pm
How does the scaling actually work?

Ive read/heard from others that scaling is based on the weapon level and the weapons base attack. For example, a level 25 weapon will be scaled less than a level 30 weapon. Is this true? What is the scaling based on?

So will the [17] enchantment of a level 25 weapon be scaled with less attack than the [17] enchantment of a level 29 weapon?

EDIT:

Im asking because i want to know if a canta sin changing from traditional reverses and claws to a higher level oracle/pagan dagger will result in a higher overall attack power.

(In terms of att speed, daggers are 1 level faster and can have flash linked which equals att speed of sin weapon with flash with weapon mastery passive skill. As for powerup, theres a powerup skill for daggers aswell)

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:42 pm
jess_m wrote:

Ive read/heard from others that scaling is based on the weapon level and the weapons base attack. For example, a level 25 weapon will be scaled less than a level 30 weapon. Is this true? What is the scaling based on?

So will the [17] enchantment of a level 25 weapon be scaled with less attack than the [17] enchantment of a level 29 weapon?

EDIT:

Im asking because i want to know if a canta sin changing from traditional reverses and claws to a higher level oracle/pagan dagger will result in a higher overall attack power.

(In terms of att speed, daggers are 1 level faster and can have flash linked which equals att speed of sin weapon with flash with weapon mastery passive skill. As for powerup, theres a powerup skill for daggers aswell)  

Yes. The enchant bonuses grow with the level of the weapon.

But, there is no real formula to the numbers the devs plugged in. Blunts, Guard/Defender weapons, recieve the highest enchant bonuses.

At 79, Guards get like +2144 at [19], Hunters get +2089, Wars get +1788 (something like that).

So

-not all classes are treated equal (Casters dont even get a bonus)
- the bonuses don't reflect the attack of the weapon.

Miss_Lu

Rank 0
PostedDec 09, 2012 1:07 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
jess_m wrote:

EDIT:

Yes. The enchant bonuses grow with the level of the weapon.

But, there is no real formula to the numbers the devs plugged in. Blunts, Guard/Defender weapons, recieve the highest enchant bonuses.

At 79, Guards get like +2144 at [19], Hunters get +2089, Wars get +1788 (something like that).

So

So true.

Maineiac12

Rank 1
PostedDec 10, 2012 6:19 am
[quote="Miss_Lu"]
Rekikyo wrote:
jess_m wrote:

So true.  

Which is one reason why I no longer play here. Got tired of spellcasters being considered 2nd or useless class.

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:47 am
Rekikyo wrote:

This is not fully true. Casters do get a bonus, only the bonus they get is extremely small compared to other classes. My lvl 70 [19] mage weapon was giving me 500 bonus attack while a fighter with a 70 weapon was getting about 1k bonus attack. I do not remember the enchants he had but my weapon was maxed out at the time.

That is not why I'm posting on here though.

It was promised that they will do something about the class discrimination with regards to the new Enchant re-scaling, ie casters getting the lowest bonus and such. Has there been any changes/updates with regards to the Enchant Re-scaling yet? Or is this just another one of AGE's empty promises?

Yes I realize they heavily depend on the DEVs with regards to this, however this is an issue which can cause a whole class to go into extinction along with the disapearing of the players who play those classes. Only use left for some classes will be for PVE.

I might be asking for too much, but hey, we can still hope.

Love what you do and do what you love.

maineiac14

Rank 0
PostedDec 28, 2012 7:52 am
ToBeFeared wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

This is not fully true. Casters do get a bonus, only the bonus they get is extremely small compared to other classes. My lvl 70 [19] mage weapon was giving me 500 bonus attack while a fighter with a 70 weapon was getting about 1k bonus attack. I do not remember the enchants he had but my weapon was maxed out at the time.

It was promised that they will do something about the class discrimination with regards to the new Enchant re-scaling, ie casters getting the lowest bonus and such. Has there been any changes/updates with regards to the Enchant Re-scaling yet? Or is this just another one of AGE's empty promises?

Yes I realize they heavily depend on the DEVs with regards to this, however this is an issue which can cause a whole class to go into extinction along with the disapearing of the players who play those classes. Only use left for some classes will be for PVE.

If you got a bonus it had to have been a glitch because my 19 weapon sure didn't and so far as I've heard no other spell caster got one either. Just the normal for having a 19 weapon. Doesn't matter to me anymore because I simply gave away all my gear, and left.

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
PostedDec 28, 2012 8:29 am
ToBeFeared wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

Not exactly news, but a promise that something will be done in 2013:

Sighborg88 wrote:

Shaiya in 2013

After meeting for a few days with representatives from Nexon, we have some good news for the content schedule of Shaiya. 2013 is looking to be an exciting year for Shaiya with the following things being worked on:

• Final implementation of pets
    (You'll see there is a slot for them, however their functionality is not finished yet)
  • 4v4 PvP
  • New GRB
  • Castle Siege System
  • New PvP Points
  • Further adjustments to the first sections of the game
  • Enhanced guild systems
  • Significant class balance adjustments

The exact content plan is currently unknown and this list may change. Nexon will be providing further details when available

from here: http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1840397

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedDec 28, 2012 9:11 am
pask81 wrote:

Not exactly news, but a promise that something will be done in 2013:  

I'm not keeping my fingers crossed for this one. Either they'll fix the Enchant re-scaling for some classes and forget all the issues or fix the rest of the issues and forget the re-scaling. Nothing ever goes the way we expect.

Also, the whole class ballance issue has been around for well over a year. It is part of the game now. If something gets done and changes are made, they won't be as big as we hope/expect. Though, with Nexon behind the wheel now, we might get a pleasant suprise. I guess only thing we can do is wait and see.

maineiac14 wrote:

If you got a bonus it had to have been a glitch because my 19 weapon sure didn't and so far as I've heard no other spell caster got one either. Just the normal for having a 19 weapon. Doesn't matter to me anymore because I simply gave away all my gear, and left.  

What level was your weapon? The re-scaling has more of an impact at higher lvls, could it be that your bonus was there only it was so low that it was overlooked? I've heard of others getting an extremely low bonus, but they did get at least some bonus.

Also, if I was getting the bonus and you were not, it was your weapon that was glitched and not mine. I was at least getting part of the intended bonus. Either way, it did not work the way it was expected to work so something does need to be done in either case.

Love what you do and do what you love.