zacmac1

Rank 3
zacmac1
PostedDec 09, 2012 10:40 am

Class switching. help, newbie

ok i used to play grand fantasia but got bored so i dedided to play EE.
em so i decided to make a mage as my main and cleric as a secondary class.
1) would this work?
2) also what are other classes that could pair with mages and clerics
Advertisement

jamdoughnut

Rank 2
jamdoughnut
PostedDec 09, 2012 11:35 am
Depends on whether you wanted to make a dps cleric, or a healing one. Mage and dps cleric would use the same gears, whereas a healing cleric would use cast speed/gheal gears.

You can pair Warlock, Illusionist, and Shaman with these classes too (if you make a dps shaman that is), as they would all use dps cloth armour, and a staff, although warlock and illu get bonus's from using a grimoire, most players tend to use a staff with those classes.

emmersys

Rank 3
emmersys
PostedDec 09, 2012 11:40 am
jamdoughnut wrote:
Depends on whether you wanted to make a dps cleric, or a healing one. Mage and dps cleric would use the same gears, whereas a healing cleric would use cast speed/gheal gears.

You can pair Warlock, Illusionist, and Shaman with these classes too (if you make a dps shaman that is), as they would all use dps cloth armour, and a staff, although warlock and illu get bonus's from using a grimoire, most players tend to use a staff with those classes.

^ this
As you level , gears upgrade , when you hit 60 + , options of yellow gears. They are BASICALLY the same thing , but with some tad higher stats. DPS cleric and magician are two very different classes but they can also play alike. As taco(xixen , jamdoughnut `-`) has explained , there are healing and dps clerics. Healing clerics heal obviously. They use maces/shields. DPS clerics can ALSO use mace/shield but you get better output damage as using a staff. staffs require no level since mage has the ability as a first class. At level 65 you can awaken a staff. sure you've heard of this. Since you played GF , there shouldn't be MUCH trouble playing this. fortifying stuff is basically the same , only to +10 though. hoppee this helped. also #TEAMTACHISBUTT.

jamdoughnut

Rank 2
jamdoughnut
PostedDec 09, 2012 11:50 am
emmersys wrote:
#TEAMTACHISBUTT.  

y dis Lith ;_;

Valkita

Rank 2
Valkita
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:02 pm
Also, beyond the mage & cleric lines, I liked using thief certificates as they would give me more agility and thus higher cast speed. Engineer certs will also give some magic critical bonuses. This depends if you go with a build where those aspects are important (and you may abandon those certs at higher level - I'm only 50th).

Speaking of which, you may branch out into other classes too. At first all I played was cleric. Though I've discovered the fun in switching my class just for the fun (not to mention using some of the gear I get that a cleric doesn't use).

If you like mage-type classes, you may enjoy engineer a lot Smile

Val

zacmac1

Rank 3
zacmac1
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:28 pm
thanks for your replies guys.
After careful consideration i chose to use illusionalists cause of their awesome skills.
would leveling and have a cleric as my secondary and my magician if i get bored