shane247

Rank 1
shane247
PostedDec 08, 2012 2:47 pm
I made a account for light side quite a while ago lvled to 60 something and realised it was pointless, the mentality of some of the higher ranked guilds was appalling all for them and nothing else for no one else, this included boss's and PvP, raids were full of ego strokers who thought if i by enough AP im the best, when in fact it meant quite the opposite.

If light side (certain ones ) decided to stop acting ignorant and realise theres more people in the world then just the people who spend AP in there guild i personally think they could own in PvP.

One of the biggest problems i found were guild leaders thinking they could sit back and do nothing and make there guildies work for them and give them nothing in return this also needs to stop.

/steps off soap box.

Signature deleted due to shaiya sucking so bad
Advertisement

Ldydrgn

Rank 2
Ldydrgn
PostedDec 08, 2012 3:26 pm
shane247 wrote:
I made a account for light side quite a while ago lvled to 60 something and realised it was pointless, the mentality of some of the higher ranked guilds was appalling all for them and nothing else for no one else, this included boss's and PvP, raids were full of ego strokers who thought if i by enough AP im the best, when in fact it meant quite the opposite.

If light side (certain ones ) decided to stop acting ignorant and realise theres more people in the world then just the people who spend AP in there guild i personally think they could own in PvP.

One of the biggest problems i found were guild leaders thinking they could sit back and do nothing and make there guildies work for them and give them nothing in return this also needs to stop.

/steps off soap box.  

This is why I made toons on fury side

<br>Semi-Retired until some semblance of F2P is returned...

Mehrvigne

GameSage: Shaiya
Mehrvigne
PostedDec 08, 2012 4:18 pm
Soapbox? lol It's what the forums are, man. Use it! Embrace it! Love it! Very Happy

If anybody has ideas on how to try and teach people how to PvP without the regular PvPers steamrolling everything, that'd actually be kind of sweet. I thought about doing this but there are so many setbacks and ways it could be easily ruined. Maybe if more people were taught how to PvP they wouldn't be so scared to. I know I was when I first started. I knew nothing, thought I could take on the world and got HIGHLY discouraged when I felt I couldn't compete. Like, I completely hated PvP and avoided it like the plague.

Some of my guildies kind of took me under their wing and showed me how to play the game, how to do PvP, explained to me about linking and stats. And now look at me! I'm still a nubby cakes!!! Wait... no... I mean I'm a lot better off than when I started! (Yeah, that sounds right.)

I guess the only thing we as players can do is suggest they ask their guild for guidance to become better. It's what a guild is supposed to be for. Maybe if you are big and bad and can hold off an entire raid, offer up some advice. (After all, you're top dog, even if you're the only one that thinks it. Who can possibly beat you?)

Sig by TenshiMari<3

Xolenai

Rank 0
Xolenai
PostedDec 08, 2012 6:16 pm
No but i suspect you , yourself are in fact as you put it "tarded". My point is not alot of people have direction and it wouldn't be the worst thing for some of these self proclaimed "ubers" to start making an effort to guild them. I was one of the ones lucky enough to get into a good guild that actually gives a **** *pardon my french* about whether i succeed or not. Many are not so fortunate. So i say we need direction. In all aspects of game. And not just someone controlling our every mood. Someone to show us better ways of doing stuff. To make the transition from "nub" to "less nubby" easier. That help would make everyone's time in Shaiya more more pleasant. and not just something to be done grudgingly.

Shane i agree with that fully. There needs to be better leadership. Im not gonna sit here and call out any names. And Say x did this. And x did that. That wouldn't be fair. There are many guilds together now From Etain , Gaia , Lailah , Teos , were all one giant merged server yet we can't pvp ? i see something very wrong with that. Lights outnumber fury maybe 10:1 yet we have nothing to show for it. Fury continuously grow in ranks. We have to change as i said.

<br>

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedDec 08, 2012 8:23 pm
Well...

I guess I'll throw in a couple of cents of my own, having been a raid leader frequently in 1-15, MMs and invasions on Teos Light, but more often being led.

There is too little forgive and forget around with Light raid leaders in general and too much ridiculing, disrespect and expecting that people are born with insight to things they have never done in the game before. There's too little patience with the learning curves of people, there's too much ME, and way too little US.

If you want people to perform as you want them to, you teach them how to do so. Usually, learning by doing is the most effective. Tell someone politely where they failed and suggest equally politely how they can avoid this the next time. Calling them an idiot/moron/n00b and then kicking them from the raid doesn't give them the chance to gain the insight proper guidance would have.

Of course, there are limits to how much teaching you can do on the fly as a raid leader. Some polite, but stern warning in purple SHOULD be enough to get people to follow your lead. If they don't, you have a perfectly good reason to kick them. If they whisper you back "Y U kic?!" you tell them that they were not following orders and the only chance of being let back in and being allowed to remain in the raid is that they start showing they can read.

There's a balance between mollycoddling and being plain rude. Both are counterproductive to the end you want to achieve. You might have to use the stick at times, but don't make yourself look like a total jerk when you use it. It is not the job of a raid leader to abuse/call names/denigrate raid members. Neither is it to foment or encourage blatant disrespect against anyone. The job is to lead, guide and encourage positively.

I am far from perfect as a raid leader myself. I chat way too much in purple. I take too long to make decisions on the fly. I guess I generally treat people too nice. Just the way I am. Some people don't like it. Fair enough. Most of the time though, I am quite happy being led and offering suggestions...

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

Xolenai

Rank 0
Xolenai
PostedDec 08, 2012 9:45 pm
you summed up what i was saying perfectly! Bill , more raid leaders need that attitude towards pvp and leading raids. if they adapted your mentality this conversation would be null.

<br>

yaynot

Rank 2
yaynot
PostedDec 09, 2012 6:32 am
Alastoreo wrote:
Especially when the more helpful ones stopped caring due to the increasingly toxic nature.  

This comment stood out to me as something I can sure relate to. *sigh*

Chicken Little was right, you know.

Xolenai

Rank 0
Xolenai
PostedDec 09, 2012 11:24 am
yeah :L misery loves company. and it breeds more misery.

<br>

grieverblade

Rank 1
PostedDec 09, 2012 11:38 am
Fuarkkkk wrote:
Are you tarded?

Do what you want, have fun and pwn some bishes

or do you have to have "a mom" ingame to tell you what to do all the fckin time? lawl

/ facepalm  

and here lies your answer. It's hard to lead a raid when you got dimwits with this kind of mentality.

When one joins a raid it is meant to work together, that's the point. I'm actually pretty impressed how Fury protect their healers and seem to have an order of things. I was just in a huge light raid...there was no leadership, purple voice said nothing, no one did anything. The most done is organize raid with healers on each tab. That's as far as it goes. Anything past that is well independently of what the rest of the raid does.

Anuh12

Rank 0
Anuh12
PostedDec 09, 2012 12:23 pm
billdoor wrote:
Well...

I guess I'll throw in a couple of cents of my own, having been a raid leader frequently in 1-15, MMs and invasions on Teos Light, but more often being led.

There is too little forgive and forget around with Light raid leaders in general and too much ridiculing, disrespect and expecting that people are born with insight to things they have never done in the game before. There's too little patience with the learning curves of people, there's too much ME, and way too little US.

If you want people to perform as you want them to, you teach them how to do so. Usually, learning by doing is the most effective. Tell someone politely where they failed and suggest equally politely how they can avoid this the next time. Calling them an idiot/moron/n00b and then kicking them from the raid doesn't give them the chance to gain the insight proper guidance would have.

Of course, there are limits to how much teaching you can do on the fly as a raid leader. Some polite, but stern warning in purple SHOULD be enough to get people to follow your lead. If they don't, you have a perfectly good reason to kick them. If they whisper you back "Y U kic?!" you tell them that they were not following orders and the only chance of being let back in and being allowed to remain in the raid is that they start showing they can read.

There's a balance between mollycoddling and being plain rude. Both are counterproductive to the end you want to achieve. You might have to use the stick at times, but don't make yourself look like a total jerk when you use it. It is not the job of a raid leader to abuse/call names/denigrate raid members. Neither is it to foment or encourage blatant disrespect against anyone. The job is to lead, guide and encourage positively.

I am far from perfect as a raid leader myself. I chat way too much in purple. I take too long to make decisions on the fly. I guess I generally treat people too nice. Just the way I am. Some people don't like it. Fair enough. Most of the time though, I am quite happy being led and offering suggestions...  

+1 SE

I always say I miss what Teos pvp used to be before merge. I barely join for pvp if no Teos person is leading now. I just dont like to join and do nothing but feed cuz of no plan at the time of push (not looking to bash or create drama with others servers, just giving my point of view, please keep trolls and sarcastic answer away).
I had join to raids and give suggestions that had worked before merge in similar situations and all what i got is being ignored.

To those who usually lead raids: you have lead and yes, is your choice what to do or not, who to kick or not, but the fact that the orange dot is next to your name doesnt mean that you dont have to take suggestions from other people from raid too. Remember WEīRE A TEAM, WE HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER.

To those at the raid: learn to follow what the lead say. If we say F-key X person do it! itīs suppose to be a team work. Read purple voice is not there just to look pretty is so everyone knows what to do. Donīt run out alone, donīt play the hero.