toxictrauma01

Rank 3
toxictrauma01
PostedDec 08, 2012 9:05 pm
Have you tried changing browsers? Chrome/Firefox/IE? I am not so good when it comes to issues like this, and this is the first time I'm hearing about this particular issue... did you try sending in an RT, to see if the GM's could help?
http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/support
Advertisement

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedDec 08, 2012 9:14 pm
Chandral wrote:
I am constantly green on my connection. My line itself is a much higher speed. But no one ever gets what the lines are capable of. Heck If I did I'd blast everyone out of the water. LOL. I play other online games too that are much more graphic intensive and have no lag or anything.

I consistently get close to and over 100 fps and less than 30ms so my connection is definately not the issue.  

Very odd then. Don't know what the issue could be then if you're getting 100 fps elsewhere, but that speed that you gave before doesn't make sense with the lagging in game (either the connection from your area is just having issues) Yes "wired routers and wireless routers" CAN go bad and sometimes a hard/soft reset will not be the solution to be to fix it. I used to have a bad router with lag and dc's, and completely swapped it out for a different kind, and now mine works fine. Hmmm... maybe in this case if all solutions are exhausted, and you can't do anything else it might be time to send a ticket by using the contact us feature (as suggested above) and explaining your situation and hopefully they can help.

shaneration

Rank 1
shaneration
PostedDec 09, 2012 7:41 am
Chandral wrote:
I am constantly green on my connection. My line itself is a much higher speed. But no one ever gets what the lines are capable of. Heck If I did I'd blast everyone out of the water. LOL. I play other online games too that are much more graphic intensive and have no lag or anything.

I consistently get close to and over 100 fps and less than 30ms so my connection is definitely not the issue.  

okay so first of all internet speed is irrelevant browser games use hardly any internet whatsoever. the download speed doesn't really affect Ur game play at all. the upload speed however does this is why u may be experiencing some issues.

secondly more graphical game usual run form a client which is completely different to this one. since Ur running form a browser there is always going to be a delay with communication form u and the server that is normal and there is no way to change this.

i have over 100mb connection and yes i do lag form time to time and experience the problems you are describing and tbh it looks like lag spikes, download speed dosent really affect your game play to much but your upload will since your connected to the server and if ur upload slows or spikes it would cause ur described issues.

another problem could be down to your computer the resources that browser games use are ram and cpu if there not up to scratch then issues will show.

furthermore, wireless routers send out a signal and from time to time this does drop which can be causing lag spikes this is normal and will happen no matter how much computer knowledge you have i would do a very thorough check of Ur modem and router to see if there are any issues there.

it can also be down to the browser you are using and it shows mainly in IE, even after cleaning cache cookies and history IE still gets bogged down and would need a re install this happens to all browsers over time regardless, so a re install may infact fix your issue.
if you have chrome its a good idea to check ur plugins as chrome does have its own flash player and with a downloaded version of flash player on ur pc this can actually cause problems and conflicts. as for Firefox well Firefox seems to use alot of resources probably the way its programmed im not going to go into great detail about it. but in terms of plying games Firefox remembers alot more content than other browsers and since Firefox has so much plugins and extras u can add i would highly recommend against using it for gaming. tho that's just a preference

finally keep in mind ur cpu, ram and upload speed are most important and there will always be a slight delay due to the nature of browser games. due to the nature of browser games they are more frequently meant for shorter sessions and playing for a long time can bog ur system down it does help to close the browser completely every now and then to help maintain a good speed. if your using a windows pc you can also open the task manager (im sure there s relevant one for macs as well) ctrl + alt + delete and just left click the brower and change it priority to high this will let ur cpu know that is should use most of its power on that process rather than prioritizing others since browsers arnt traditionally used for gaming the pc will only set it t normal priority which isnt advised for long use . so setting to a higher priority will help doing this can help a massive amount and i actual open task manager everytime i reopen the game to adjust the priority.

latency can also be a issue. heres abrief explantion of the top of my head of latency issues and what causes them.

Latency in games is the reaction time from the moment a player interact in a game till an in-game mechanic like action-, sound-, or graphic command gets processed. If the latency is high, such interaction, action-, sound,- or graphic commands can be delayed till to a noticeable degree. In some cases high latency can cause video games or online games to stock, freeze, crash or disconnect from a server.

these issues can be caused by everything. the hardware the software and system and most commonly internet services.

Internet latency issues in games

Latency in online games is major important and causes most of the troubles online gamers can get with their game performance. Every online gamer knows how frustrating it can be if he experience high latency. Online games depend on the communication between the players Computer and a Game Server somewhere located in the world. Data packages are send and received, and if there is a delay then usually a online game is lagging. The symptoms are: not performed or delayed player inactions, action-, sound,- or graphic commands can be delayed till to a noticeable degree. Login issues, freezing and disconnections are caused by high latency!

Software or System issues can cause high latency
1. Drivers and Firmware (updates and settings)
2. 3rd party Applications (like Flash player, Web browser, Firewall, Virus scanner …)
3. Plug-ins, Toolbars and Add-ons
4. Registry entries
5. System processes
6. System settings
7. Protocols
8. System Services
9. Balance of System Memory

Hardware parts can cause high latency
1. Processor
2. RAM
3. Graphic card
4. Audio card
5. Network card
6. Hard disk
7. CD/DVD
8. Mouse
9. Keyboard
10. Modem / Router
11. USB device
12. Motherboard
13. Other gaming device

so What are a good or bad latency ms values

Normal latency: 0 ms - 50 ms
Increased latency: 50 ms - 110 ms
Medium high latency: 110 ms - 220 ms
High latency: 200 ms - >1k ms

here is a post i found online with latency fixes. it should have all the information u need if there are any more questions or the problem persists then go to my profile and contact via the message box on my profile for real-time 1v1 private help.

latency troubleshoot

my profile is located here

if u feel the need u may also send a ticket via this link