Evaeri

Rank 1
Evaeri
PostedDec 08, 2012 4:17 am

Is hacking possible?

Before I make any characters on this account (wait a minute, I think I made some characters for DKO CB D: ), is it possible for someone to hack into your account if they know your username? Is it safer to have your game characters on another account that no-one knows the username of?
Advertisement

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedDec 08, 2012 4:27 am
It's not impossible, but in most cases where "hacking" is involved, the user shared his/her account with other people. I wouldn't over worry about people hacking into your account, just don't account share, use an easily guessed password and don't follow sketchy links that can install key loggers.

Though if it makes you feel safer, having a separate account for forums and game is always an option.

zorielx1

Rank 3
zorielx1
PostedDec 08, 2012 4:50 am
its not really "hacking" when you share your account with someone, it's called a "mistrust" also known as "you're stupid".

as for what you said, it is possible but that means they'd have to hack the database of aeria games.

hmmm things you gotta keep in mind when making an account.

USE DIFFERENT PASSWORDS FOR EVERY DIFFERENT ACCOUNT.

if you played KSF.

used the same UN and PW to your account here to and your KSF account has been compromised.

the hacker might say "wonder if this works in USF too." then theres your problem.

Evaeri

Rank 1
Evaeri
PostedDec 08, 2012 4:57 am
A bit confused because I don't know what KSF, USF and UN are.
So does that mean that hacking is possible, or has anyone ever been hacked before (legitimately)?

zorielx1

Rank 3
zorielx1
PostedDec 08, 2012 5:09 am
since you're quite naturally paranoid.

the odds of getting hacked is quite low.
who plays on this game? people in their mid teens to mid 20's.

if someone knows your account name, thats fine.
but they can get your email name with your account name easily and try to "retrieve" your password from that but then again, they'd need to hack your email account now.

so generally, its safe for people to know your account name. let em know your password and that will be your problem.

p.s its best if you have long and complicated pws.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedDec 08, 2012 8:03 am
Evaeri wrote:
A bit confused because I don't know what KSF, USF and UN are.
So does that mean that hacking is possible, or has anyone ever been hacked before (legitimately)?

you can make yourself easier by creating an another account for gaming purpose and use your current account for forum purpose. Being hacked is always possible, it depends of the security standards of a company, but in most situations, it's caused by a form of phising ; ie passing your password. Just don't do it, even if you trust the person.

So, go create an another account and use it for gaming. Walk around on this forums with this account ,; Evaeri. Please don't make stuffs easier by adding numbers to the new account name like Evaeri2 or similar names.

i have also multiple accounts, this current one is for forum purpose, but i have also a gaming account. Although the best security is to not share your password at any circumstances, even if a GM (GameMaster) is asking for it ingame.

signature of xybolt

Evaeri

Rank 1
Evaeri
PostedDec 08, 2012 9:13 pm
I'm not that paranoid, I just don't want to lose any progress. Surprised
Thanks, I'll make a game account then.