tim123123123

Rank 0
PostedDec 08, 2012 6:35 am

70 Arena - Prophet

Maybe a weird question but, what do I do in 70 arena as a prophet? =3

I know I should stick to healing and buffing my mates, but what else?

What do I do when I am attacked by X class? Rely that someone helps me?
Also which Talent combo should I use? I normally make use of "bishop".

Any other advice you can give me for arena? =O
Btw, I use the 70 orange sprite set.
Advertisement

minuzaki

Rank 4
minuzaki
PostedDec 08, 2012 7:55 am
Defender of Law. I reccomend you try to get the 65 PvP set, weapons? 70 hammer and 65/70 shield. For the most part, yes you will be healing other players, which in turn you get points for. So make sure to keep em' good and alive. Hmm...Well I reccomended Defender of Law simply because at that level you should have the casting time reduction you need from sets/masteries/70 hammer to not have to rely on Bishop. So far, as a Prophet, I really only had problems getting attacked by Darkstalkers and Demonologists. This is simply because they debuff from dusk till dawn. My advice to you is to keep your AoE purify skill on a hotkey that you'd often use.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedDec 08, 2012 8:00 am
Actually, you can't effectively fear lock without Bishop at level 70, so I would recommend sticking to Bishop as talent combo.

As a Prophet, your main goal is to support, but it can get quite boring sometimes. I personally liked using the 60 orange shield named Creators Embrace and then switch to the 2-hand hammer to cap xtals. It also gives you a nice points bonus when you don't only focus on treatment. Supporting your team should still be your main focus though.

Against casters you can silence, and you can fear every class, unless they're using candy. Your sleep hammer saves you from a lot of classes well enough~

minuzaki

Rank 4
minuzaki
PostedDec 08, 2012 8:04 am
iBambi wrote:
Actually, you can't effectively fear lock without Bishop at level 70, so I would recommend sticking to Bishop as talent combo.

As a Prophet, your main goal is to support, but it can get quite boring sometimes. I personally liked using the 60 orange shield named Creators Embrace and then switch to the 2-hand hammer to cap xtals. It also gives you a nice points bonus when you don't only focus on treatment. Supporting your team should still be your main focus though.

Against casters you can silence, and you can fear every class, unless they're using candy. Your sleep hammer saves you from a lot of classes well enough~  
Fear locking doesn't work when you have a mystic (Yes, there are a LOT of them in 70 arena) nomming your face and you don't have the Defense required to tank it.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedDec 08, 2012 8:08 am
minuzaki wrote:
iBambi wrote:

Fear locking doesn't work when you have a mystic (Yes, there are a LOT of them in 70 arena) nomming your face and you don't have the Defense required to tank it.  

But it helps against every other class, and to be fair, the amount of good mystics in 70 arena atm is quite low, unless everyone decides to jump on their twinked alts. Btw, PPs don't even have casting reduction masteries at level 70.

DMG reduction beat defence any day though, so the value of def is discussable. I personally found it to be really annoying to use Defender of Law in 70, because the casting speed was way too slow.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedDec 08, 2012 8:15 am
Covenant_Spirit wrote:
I always say my words are going to be 95%.
Waiting on tilt something about it than to explain it.

Oh god, go back to the Aeria Section please, LOL.

tim123123123

Rank 0
PostedDec 08, 2012 11:00 am
Wow, really thanks a lot for all yoru input so far! =D

You recommended to sue the 70 sleep hammer.. At the moment I am afraid I cannot finance a yellow.. do you think an orange suffices?

Also, if I am attacked am I actually capable of killing? (I know a weird question.)

Really thanks a lot again minuzaki and iBambi!

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedDec 09, 2012 2:31 am
tim123123123 wrote:

You recommended to sue the 70 sleep hammer.. At the moment I am afraid I cannot finance a yellow.. do you think an orange suffices?

Also, if I am attacked am I actually capable of killing? (I know a weird question.)

The orange version suffice, the only significant difference between the orange version and the yellow version is that the yellow version has higher ATK/M-ATK. The difference on VIT between the two versions are only two, so I wouldn't worry too much about yellowing it right away. It's a yellow that will always be used by the class though, so yellowing in eventually would be a good idea~

There's a lot of PPs capable of killing, but depending on who you're trying to kill, you might need to use a staff or a 2-hand hammer for more DPS. With an orange version of sleep hammer, you'll most likely have a very hard time damaging people, due to the lack of ATK/M-ATK.

tim123123123

Rank 0
PostedDec 09, 2012 10:31 am
iBambi wrote:
tim123123123 wrote:

The orange version suffice, the only significant difference between the orange version and the yellow version is that the yellow version has higher ATK/M-ATK. The difference on VIT between the two versions are only two, so I wouldn't worry too much about yellowing it right away. It's a yellow that will always be used by the class though, so yellowing in eventually would be a good idea~

There's a lot of PPs capable of killing, but depending on who you're trying to kill, you might need to use a staff or a 2-hand hammer for more DPS. With an orange version of sleep hammer, you'll most likely have a very hard time damaging people, due to the lack of ATK/M-ATK.  

That's great to know.
Thanks a lot, iBambi, for your great assistance! I really appreciate your efforts, answering so thoroughly! =D

skuxemup

Rank 1
skuxemup
PostedDec 10, 2012 8:07 pm
Equips I used were
-For supporting
65 shield
70 1h hammer
65 Relic

-For killing people
65 Yellow Staff
60 Yellow Staff
70 Yellow Staff
65 or 60 relic depending on who I was attacking

-Xtal Damage
2h lvl70 hammer with half %1.5 crit rate stones and x3 %8 PCDmg
lvl60 Relic with x3 %8 PCDmg stones
PLUS Rescue buff and and 30sec Crit buff is very important I could hit xtals 50k easy & up to 68-72k with CSPot/mushies or dopes whatever I chucked in

Gear I used
-To survive 70's use legacy allllll the way you can tank whole teams a dragon DS or WRL and you can support the true DPS'ers in your team giving them anti-stun and -%p-dmg taken as well as yourself.

Ideally every lvl70 PP would love to use Bishop however it's just not viable unless you're using the 65 PvP set or orange sprite set and you're supporting your team by dedicating yourself to a fear spam which isn't real supporting tbh.

Defender of Law on the other hand gives you survival basically no one will kill you especially if you have your -%30 m-dmg masters done, remember supporting isn't just healing PP's are equipped with debuff skills which also support your team mates in hitting through -% dmg talents or AoE from Temps, you have two ways of silencing magic classes including Mystic chicken form if you need to fear spam or you're in the position where you can fear lock whole teams switch to 70 shield (insta cast) you can also use your casting buff and PvP/GW shrooms with Fruits and dopes to insure you wont break your lock due to your shield not proc'ing.

I would not promote 65 PvP set it's just not tanky enough for my liking then again if you're skills are fear spamming and running then you might love it lol.

Hope this helps Smile

lvl90 Hawkeye, lvl90 Saint, lvl8X Avatar, lvl70 Proph, lvl80 Proph, lvl40 Sage ~~~Illannia~~~ ^It's BritneyBish^