seaotters

Rank 3
seaotters
PostedDec 06, 2012 9:22 am
qawsar wrote:
seaotters wrote:

I don't feel like expanding on my post so I'll just say this. While it is unlikely that LO will be closed before CB, there's still a possibility. Yes, RoTT may have been different in terms of genre, but it could have been profitable for Aeria seeing how moba's are still popular now.  

I'm not saying RoTT and Lime Odysseys outcome will be different because of their genre, I'm saying it's easier for LO to generate more money for Aeria than it is for RoTT. That and the Lime Odysseys history and situation up till this point. It's quite possible for LO to die before CBT or never reach NA, as it is possible to have a zombie apocalypse, their two very extreme examples, but basically anything can happen ya know. So instead of comparing games that have both a different genre and entirely different histories and situations, I suggest you just wait and see what happens and hope for the best instead.  

Where in my last two posts did I compare the two side by side? All I said that yes, while RoTT may have resulted differently because of its genre.

My last post said was that anything can happen at this point in time and while that it is unlikely to happen, closing is still a possibility considering what had happened to RoTT.
Advertisement

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 06, 2012 10:15 am
Ahh I guess I wasn't clear enough for ya, my apologies.
No you in fact did not compare the games themselves, what I mean is that you are comparing the outcomes of both the games, or to be even clearer, the out come of RoTT, and the possibilities of LO's out come.
I thought it was obvious that's what I mean since it doesn't really make sense if you are comparing both games(genre, etc.), but I hope that clears things up for you.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedDec 06, 2012 11:14 am
To humor people like seaotters and lemonadeaz, TECHNICALLY, Aeria could lose the license to Gamescampus because Daum is either their parent company or Daum bought them out. Like how Nexon KR's license to Dragon Nest ran out and they couldn't renew it because Shanda publishes it everywhere else (besides TW, HK, JP, TH, ID, and NA) and got Actoz Soft (Yes, Shanda owns the devs of Latale) to outbid Nexon for the license.

But, seeing as Daum doesn't know the profitability of LO, or owns Cykan (since DN's situation only happened after two years of widespread popularity and massive profitability), as well as seeing no evidence of Thai LO being moved to Gamescampus TH, I see no reason to be worried at all.

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedDec 06, 2012 3:16 pm
Picchuu wrote:
To humor people like seaotters and lemonadeaz, TECHNICALLY, Aeria could lose the license to Gamescampus because Daum is either their parent company or Daum bought them out. Like how Nexon KR's license to Dragon Nest ran out and they couldn't renew it because Shanda publishes it everywhere else (besides TW, HK, JP, TH, ID, and NA) and got Actoz Soft (Yes, Shanda owns the devs of Latale) to outbid Nexon for the license.

But, seeing as Daum doesn't know the profitability of LO, or owns Cykan (since DN's situation only happened after two years of widespread popularity and massive profitability), as well as seeing no evidence of Thai LO being moved to Gamescampus TH, I see no reason to be worried at all.  

Oh gawd. If Aeria loses LO's license to GamesCampus I can say that I will absolutely not be playing it. I'm not particularly fond of the way GC does things. ;x

seaotters

Rank 3
seaotters
PostedDec 06, 2012 10:31 pm
LOL? I never compared the outcomes of the games, qawsar. All I said was that closing has happened before on a game that they put work into and that LO is no exception to this as far as we know it. Nothing more, nothing less. Seems like you were ready to attack me. >_>

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 06, 2012 11:09 pm
seaotters wrote:
LOL? I never compared the outcomes of the games, qawsar. All I said was that closing has happened before on a game that they put work into and that LO is no exception to this as far as we know it. Nothing more, nothing less. Seems like you were ready to attack me. >_>  

>.> Do you not see how your comparing the outcomes even now.. seriously, I'm not attacking you >.>

Blegh, same response as my previous post.

seaotters

Rank 3
seaotters
PostedDec 07, 2012 12:55 am
I'm not comparing... =__= You're thinking too much. I merely stated that RoTT was a game that was worked on extensively and that they shut it down even before its release. I wasn't implying it just for LO, but games in general.

You are taking my posts the wrong way. Neutral