SVKnight

Rank 0
PostedDec 04, 2012 5:24 am

_Launcher CPU Hog

The _Launcher.exe is hogging all CPU resources. This didn't happen before. The noticeable changed I saw was the layout changing and it started then(CPU hogging).
Advertisement

SVKnight

Rank 0
PostedDec 04, 2012 6:38 pm
Anyone help? Please? It takes too long to check files(this didn't happen before).
CPU hogging starts when the lime alpaca GIF(for that 1 time only 4k AP pack) loads.

Cassiofea

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 4:34 am
Same here, every time there is that lime alpaca gif, it take forever to load the launcher and the game goes slower than molassa.
there is a way to take that thing out of my loader?

angel_baby01

Rank 2
angel_baby01
PostedDec 05, 2012 7:15 pm
Did you install ignite if you did try uninstalling and reinstalling a mirror.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Cassiofea

Rank 0
PostedDec 06, 2012 12:45 pm
no, ignite is not the problem, i disabled it long ago because it would blow up my pc (read: blue screen of doom).
But still, sometimes there is the assassin dagger box image, and the loader works, but then the alpaca gif came back, and i can go and make home-made pasta and the loader would still hog the cpu and take forever to load.

SVKnight

Rank 0
PostedDec 06, 2012 10:36 pm
I found out that loading the same image(lime alpaca GIF) in Internet Explorer produces the same result(CPU Hogging).

A crude fix I discovered is to block photobucket and never show images in Internet Explorer. You can do this by opening up Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Sites -> type in photobucket.com and block it -> ok then go to Advanced -> scroll down to Multimedia -> uncheck Show pictures -> Apply and ok. By doing this however, you won't load any images from the launcher or anything that uses Internet Explorer to load up images.