norm85nz

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 5:17 pm

EE not working, forced to close on startup with alpaca box

Hi I have an issue where when Eden Eternal is launched and a small box with a picture of an alpaca and a 'Send' button pops up over the actual EE window. It's my first time playing the game and I launch using _Launcher rather than Aeria Ignite. I've heard that running fullcheck.bat fixes it but it seemed running it forces me to download the whole patch which is around 600MB??, which I don't really wanna do since I'm on a limited internet bandwidth D:

Can someone help me fix this please >.<

Thanks.
Advertisement

Merushii

Rank 3
Merushii
PostedDec 05, 2012 7:39 pm
Hello norm85nz!

Please do try the fullcheck.bat if you can, located in the EE folder. That's the first thing we suggest with this error.
There is another potential fix, in which I will quote the awesome BigNakedBob32:

BigNakedBob32 wrote:
Hey guys, I would like to ask anybody with this issue to try something for me and let me know how it works out. Grand Fantasia is another game hosted by Aeria and developed by X-Legend, they have a similar error known as the "Afro Sprite Bug". Apparently their solution to this is to delete the pkg.idx file located in the pkg folder of the game installation. In the case of Eden with would be C:\AeriaGames\EdenEternal\pkg. Then when they run the Launcher again it scans and notices the file is missing and re-downloads it.

From what I've heard is this fixes it on GF so if the errors are of the same nature it might work for Eden. If you would be so kind as to give this a try and let me know if it gives the alpaca box again or if it seems to be fine afterwards I would be much appreciative.  

Hope this helps!

norm85nz

Rank 0
PostedDec 05, 2012 10:18 pm
Hi, thanks for the reply. I got halfway through the fullcheck.bat before it lost connection to the server and force closed itself. I did see that solution by BigNakedBob32 somewhere on similar topics in the forum, but it seemed i had to redownload the whole patch >.< I've reinstalled Eden Eternal and will patch it tomorrow from the start and see if it works, if all else fails I could get the EE files off a friend who has a working EE and dump it in the EE folder and hopefully that will fix it? Smile