Mogle222

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2012 2:38 pm

My General Review of Dk Online

Review over combat, skills, and overall execution of the game.
I have played over more than 35 different mmos and have tried almost all of the new ones this year. For so long I have look at targetting mmos I like and I have never liked em. I gave up on em finally 3 months ago. I'm an avid gamer who plays game genres from all walks of life. You wont believe this but I play Xbox 360 and fps's all day long I'm not the Guy who usually likes casual games.

Review:
1. Character Customization-
When I first entered the character creation screen you were given a couple of customization options that went by the ultimate turn away, type options. I understand this was a Closed Beta, but with most players now in this society of mmos, especially in the west, we like to choose. With type options if your gonna have em you need more than just A,B,C,D or 1,2,3,4 for hair styles, faces, etc. From my experience there is a step in choosing an mmo when your a gamer with little time, and high expectations, then this would set me off as you've left a bad impression that your game was either underbudget or had no artists to spend time on good design options.Think about it. If I'm going to be playing the game a long time wouldn't I like to be looking different then most? I wouldn't wanna look like a clone trooper(Star Wars). Long story short, make sure to have lots of customization options if your gonna do the "Type" options. Consider that the creation screen is the 1st impression of Dk. Even though there were too few options I did enjoy the few available to me for a
time.
2. Combat- The combat for the classes was exciting for me. The shadowmage and sorcerer had nice smooth styles and weren't boring to play. I notices that the starting casting animations changed based on what distance your enemy was at and I thought that was pretty dang cool and unique(Some may not havenotices though noticed).
Advertisement

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedDec 01, 2012 3:22 pm
I have almost an identical opinion. I also relate well with your first paragraph, but I felt that I don't have the time to be an all day long player, but basically the same type of Game Types that I like Razz

Character Customization does seem a little bit limited (Being picky). But I'm not that fussed on what my character looks like, it's what it does. I agree with your opinion on the Combat Skills etc. I find them quite well done and hope to see more Classes in the future!

RedivivusPopuli

Rank 1
RedivivusPopuli
PostedDec 01, 2012 3:44 pm
i think they put more char customization in item mall