deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedNov 22, 2012 12:47 pm

[Support] Don't get scammed!

Player awareness.
Hey guys. I have had got recent PM's about players being scammed. So this is a little guide to help you prevent any scamming.

Check the person's history!!!!
Many usual scammers tend to scam many players. So some players would know something about that specific person. Ask around. If they are promising to good to be true deals for stuff than it is probably a scam. Please be cautious about such things.

Players telling you they will give you "x" amount of stuff.but need your account info.
Many players will be foolish enough to give a random stranger there account info for free stuff. That is not the case! No one will give you free stuff. They just want to take the account info and keep the account for themselves.If a player happens to ask you this sort of information take a screenshot which can be done by pressing the "PrntScr" button.The screenshot will be saved in Documents>MyGames>DK>Screenshot.Also PM/Whisper a GS and tell them the scammers IGN (in game name). But after you get the SS please go to an image hosting website and upload the proof. After you have done that please go to Contact Us. And report the behavior.

Fake GS's/GM's.
In every MMO there are bound to be impersonations. All official GS's/GM's have square brackets such as this [GS]Phoenix/[GM]Ebilfish. If a player approaches you and claiming they are a GS/GM without the square brackets than they are posers. Please report them ASAP. GS's do not have the power to ban players. Only the power to reprimand players and eventually contact the GM's if needed. Also a GM does not need to know your password to gain access to your account. So keep that in mind the next time a player approaches you that claims they are GS's/GM's.

Note:Fake GS's/GM's usually use such types of ways to "get"brackets lGSlPhoenix/lGMlFake. Notice how they are quite similar.

If you have anything that I should add please PM me or simply put it down here.
Advertisement

MuseX88

Rank 4
MuseX88
PostedNov 28, 2012 7:16 am
Uhm since the topic states "Don't get scammed" wouldn't this be more about trades, than fake GM's and phishers?

I mean.. Giving out your info to a 3rd party doesn't mean you've been scammed. Just means you've fallen for an ancient trick, and quite literally, should spend more than 30 minutes online a month.

Fake GS's are nothing. They are annoying, but again, nothing to worry about.
A GS, fake or real, can't do any harm to you, unless you've broken rules, and then they need to report it to a GM.. So nothing much to be worried about.

Persons history is quite nice, but i wouldn't like asking in a global chat if someone is legit or not, and if i went through a party or guild chat, chances are people don't know the person.
Also, theres the chance that the player only scams one person per character, and since no one other than the GM's can look up account names based on characters, well yeah.

If i were to make a don't get scammed guide, i would focus on stuff like "Double check your trade window before accepting" and "Be aware when a good deal seems TOO good".

Other than that, there's the use of what has now become "uncommon sense", since common sense is not all that common anymore.

My 2 cents of feedback Smile

$('#postSignature').hide();

KageSama

Rank 2
KageSama
PostedNov 28, 2012 9:40 am
THERE IS ZERO REASON TO HAND OVER PERSONAL INFORMATION OR DO A ONE SIDED TRADE!!!! As long as you remember that you have nothing to fear. If someone says to trade first then they'll get you the items something is WRONG!! IF you are thinking that this trade is way too good to be true. It most likely is....For the person who's about to rip you off. A little common sense goes along way. It pains me that mmorpgs have been going for a little over 15 years now and people are still being scammed..... =.=

k2matrix

Rank 0
k2matrix
PostedNov 28, 2012 1:53 pm
MuseX88 wrote:

I mean.. Giving out your (login) info to a 3rd party doesn't mean you've been scammed. Just means you're stupid, and you should never be allowed to connect to the Internet; for your own protection.

Fixed <3

triti

Rank 3
triti
PostedNov 28, 2012 3:48 pm
k2matrix wrote:
MuseX88 wrote:

I mean.. Giving out your (login) info to a 3rd party doesn't mean you've been scammed. Just means you're stupid, and you should never be allowed to connect to the Internet; for your own protection.

Fixed <3  

+2

kl0wn64

Rank 0
PostedNov 28, 2012 3:57 pm
it's really sad that people need to be reminded of this

use common sense people, please. it doesn't only apply in real life

AweClaw

Rank 0
AweClaw
PostedNov 30, 2012 4:31 am
im not a noob or anything im just a lil nieve as to how stupid some people actually are...
these are my solutions/advice

So... let me get this straight.... are you saying there are bugs in the game where items you have traded have dissappeared? then report it...

Did you do a one sided trade? then your a noob and next time tell them to go get the item from the bank and exchange the item in the same transaction as the gold(or w/e)

Did you get short changed in a fair trade? thats your own fault for not checking the market
you dont go to the store and just buy/sell an laptop for a certain amount without looking at other stores you CHECK OUT YOUR OPTIONS my advice for this is to play with the prices as in you state the amount you want for something although sometimes the shoe can reverse and you can (accedentally) end up scamming another player if THEY dont know what the correct price range of the item is. if your a lil angel like me you check out other player stores or go by the last price you remember seeing the item selling for thats usually a good indicator of price and how to prevent being ripped off or ripping someone off (trade rep can be important to some people[like me])

Basically dont fall for obviouis tricks like "i will send you the item after youve paid" or "pay now and ill get the item for you" and my favorite.... (player shop description) "CHEAP GEAR" if its green and is asking for a blue amount of money ITS A RIP OFF!

Dont ever give your account details to another player EVER! PERIOD! idc if they tell you they will make you freakin superman or woman.
Unless you are comfortable dont give out your personal details at all, example age/nation/address/bank acc numbers/social security numbers/idk idc dont give it out unless you are 100% possitive it IS safe to do so in fact even the last 3 examples DONT SHARE THEM ONLINE EVER.

i can however say that you CAN let your fun hang out as well as your awesome personalities that is much welcomed, appreciated and encouraged.

i am sorry Deatheater buddy i didnt actually mean to write this much out and steal your thunder, im just passionate about this stuff.
A safe player is a happy player unless its pvp combat in-game then its awesome XD

ty hf and gl

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedNov 30, 2012 4:41 am
It is good that you are. Being the expert that you seem to be about this spread the message. Remind players! That is what I do,anyway thanks for your thoughts.

AweClaw

Rank 0
AweClaw
PostedNov 30, 2012 4:49 am
deatheater59 wrote:
It is good that you are. Being the expert that you seem to be about this spread the message. Remind players! That is what I do,anyway thanks for your thoughts.  

no, no, no im no expert at all or at least dont see myself as one at anything really...
just expressing my opinion through my own and my friends and fellow players old and recent experiences through my time in online trading systems. (and basic online etiquette)