olitajayfrench

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 10:33 am

Cleric HUMAN or Halfkin?

Hi I'm currently level 50 and I was planning to switch my class to a Cleric, but the problem is my race is Human, also I want to be a battle type Cleric. As I check on the passive stats or shall I say racial stats or what so ever, Halfkin gives 20% M-Crit Rate, Human gives -10% Magic Received. SO now is it ok to be a Human Battle Cleric? Sad I'm really new to this game and I've spent a lot of time before reaching level 50 Sad Can anyone give me some positive points being a Human Battle Cleric.
Advertisement

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedNov 29, 2012 10:47 am
It's totally possible to have a strong human dps cleric. The -dmg received is actually rather nice for surivability, since the notable dps clerics tend to be targetted first by other magic users. Halfkin does make it easier to cap mcrit rate, but it's possible to cap mcrit rate anyway with the right gears even if you don't have that passive.

That brings racial skills into the picture. For dps clerics, halfkins would have the better racial skills, but you'll find that the halfkin skills are more used in places like arena, or possibly with capping crystals. The reset cd skills does give a nice matk bonus, but Holy Smite (the main skill you'd be spamming) has no cd anyway. Whereas, the cd reset skill itself has a cd of 2 minutes.

The human racial skills won't help you much as a dps cleric either, unless you decided to step out of combat to revive someone (which is really the job of the healing clerics anyway). The skill does give an instant hot but I wouldn't really on that to stay alive.

Long story short: either race can make a good dps cleric in TW. Choose your race based on ALL of your classes, as well as racial crafting. If you are still on the fence about rerolling, look at all of the fame and achievements your human has. Keep in mind that you'd have to earn all of that back again on a new character. If you do make a halfkin, remember that you can archive any orange gear and costumes you have on your human to transfer over.

olitajayfrench

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 12:10 pm
So your saying that even though my race is Human I could still be a DPS Cleric???? Also I don't want to create a new character because before I've reached this level it took me more than a month because of my playing schedule Sad

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedNov 29, 2012 12:12 pm
Yes, you can make a human dps cleric. The 2 arguably strongest dps clerics I know on Sapphire server are humans, if that tells you anything.

olitajayfrench

Rank 0
PostedNov 29, 2012 1:01 pm
Are you one of them? your SIG shows it. Smile

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedNov 29, 2012 1:14 pm
Haha, I wish. No, my main is mage, not dps cleric, and both of them are only average.

Mocarze

GameSage: Eden Eternal
Mocarze
PostedNov 29, 2012 1:26 pm
There's lots of strong DPS human clerics on the Diamond server. Mind you, the difference you'll need to overcome to even match a halfkin will be many times greater than it took you to reach level 50.

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedNov 29, 2012 6:45 pm
Mocarze wrote:
There's lots of strong DPS human clerics on the Diamond server. Mind you, the difference you'll need to overcome to even match a halfkin will be many times greater than it took you to reach level 50.  

Endgame M-DPS is crazy. I tend to go off on a huge tangent and create walls of text when I get into comparisons, so I'm gonna leave it at that for now. o3o

Mocarze

GameSage: Eden Eternal
Mocarze
PostedNov 29, 2012 9:54 pm
katashi65 wrote:
Mocarze wrote:

Endgame M-DPS is crazy. I tend to go off on a huge tangent and create walls of text when I get into comparisons, so I'm gonna leave it at that for now. o3o  

^

Humans have a good racial, it really *does* help in trials and TW. It's hard to compare stuff in this game because of crazy racials and traits, but just talking m-crit rate here, halfkins have a *very* big step up on humans.