No update since March....  

August?

lemonadeaz92 wrote:
almost 2 years now...  

2 years. 13 days.

lemonadeaz92 wrote:
Not trolling  

Yeah...  

Just saying, the last post on the LO site was in march. Not everyone strolls the forums like we do. Okay.

lemonadeaz92

Rank 0
lemonadeaz92
PostedDec 04, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: It's funny....

CookinDanger wrote:
lemonadeaz92 wrote:
No update since March....  

August?  

I looked on the site, I would assume the news page is where most casual interested people would go for news, wouldn't you think? Do you seriously expect someone who just found out about this game to dig that deep? If they're looking to play it, I'd hope they'd see something on the front page from more recently. 3 months without an update is pretty bad too. If any game anyone cared about had done this, there'd be people wondering if they had freaking died.
lemonadeaz92 wrote:
almost 2 years now...  

So 2 years and 13 days is more acceptable than less than 2 years? I'm not understanding how this is a good thing. So I'm not counting days, sue me.

2 years. 13 days.

lemonadeaz92 wrote:
lemonadeaz92 wrote:
Not trolling  

seaotters

Rank 3
seaotters
PostedDec 04, 2012 8:05 pm
Fiorrekun wrote:
Considering all the progress they've already made so far, they're not just going to abandon the game. Even though it's gonna be a long wait, I feel like the patience'll pay off.  

Hmm.. That's how things turned out for Realm of the Titans, didn't it?

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 05, 2012 6:44 am
seaotters wrote:
Fiorrekun wrote:
Considering all the progress they've already made so far, they're not just going to abandon the game. Even though it's gonna be a long wait, I feel like the patience'll pay off.  

Yup, but both the games have 2 very different histories.
LO was meant to come out awhile back but because of revamps and huge additions and also not having a native publisher, they had to stop.
Aeria decided to wait till LO was perfected, they had the choice to make it go live before the revamps.
LO was and probably still is supposed to be Aeria's "main game" but now it depends on how well it does against DK and SB (which are both good games but not much competition IMO)
RoTT was good, but it was definitely not a great game although it was expected by many. If you look at it from a business point of view, Aeria will most likely continue LO as long as its Closed Beta is successful in Korea, making money off of fantasy RPG's that do well is fairly easy.

CookinDanger

Rank 4
CookinDanger
PostedDec 05, 2012 7:03 am
qawsar wrote:
seaotters wrote:
Fiorrekun wrote:

LO was meant to come out awhile back but because of revamps and huge additions and also not having a native publisher, they had to stop.
Aeria decided to wait till LO was perfected, they had the choice to make it go live before the revamps.
LO was and probably still is supposed to be Aeria's "main game" but now it depends on how well it does against DK and SB (which are both good games but not much competition IMO)
RoTT was good, but it was definitely not a great game although it was expected by many. If you look at it from a business point of view, Aeria will most likely continue LO as long as its Closed Beta is successful in Korea, making money off of fantasy RPG's that do well is fairly easy.  

I admire your patience, Blue.

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedDec 05, 2012 4:36 pm
CookinDanger wrote:
qawsar wrote:
seaotters wrote:
Fiorrekun wrote:

I admire your patience, Blue.  

+1 As do I. Admittedly my own patience is starting to wear rather thin. I REALLY hope to see some news on LO this month, though.

seaotters

Rank 3
seaotters
PostedDec 05, 2012 8:04 pm
qawsar wrote:
seaotters wrote:
Fiorrekun wrote:

I don't feel like expanding on my post so I'll just say this. While it is unlikely that LO will be closed before CB, there's still a possibility. Yes, RoTT may have been different in terms of genre, but it could have been profitable for Aeria seeing how moba's are still popular now.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 06, 2012 6:27 am
seaotters wrote:

I don't feel like expanding on my post so I'll just say this. While it is unlikely that LO will be closed before CB, there's still a possibility. Yes, RoTT may have been different in terms of genre, but it could have been profitable for Aeria seeing how moba's are still popular now.  

I'm not saying RoTT and Lime Odysseys outcome will be different because of their genre, I'm saying it's easier for LO to generate more money for Aeria than it is for RoTT. That and the Lime Odysseys history and situation up till this point. It's quite possible for LO to die before CBT or never reach NA, as it is possible to have a zombie apocalypse, their two very extreme examples, but basically anything can happen ya know. So instead of comparing games that have both a different genre and entirely different histories and situations, I suggest you just wait and see what happens and hope for the best instead.