KenderTDS

Rank 1
PostedOct 27, 2012 7:13 pm
There is no real balance to this game when you compare F2P and P2P customers. At the very least they could level the playing field by allowing people to buy things with Gems. Every item should have a gold price and a gem price, and the prices need to be recalculated to be fair for F2P users.
Advertisement

Elee7

Rank 0
PostedNov 06, 2012 1:14 pm
This game has serious design flaws. Why is it at all allowed that one big kingdom (Vigiles) is controlling all the territory? I'm certainly not going to pay for that and will likely quit for the reason of imbalance. The maximum number of alliance members should be reduced significantly - I think the right number is 20 or 30.

gmdredd

GameMaster: USA
gmdredd
PostedNov 06, 2012 2:16 pm
Elee7 wrote:
This game has serious design flaws. Why is it at all allowed that one big kingdom (Vigiles) is controlling all the territory? I'm certainly not going to pay for that and will likely quit for the reason of imbalance. The maximum number of alliance members should be reduced significantly - I think the right number is 20 or 30.  

This is a good idea, however it would be difficult to implement. I will pass this feed back to the developers of Golden Age.

jamesdavis1123

Rank 0
jamesdavis1123
PostedNov 07, 2012 8:09 am

told ya so!

imbalance
the imbalance is terrible ...to the point we lost.........lost mind you*30 players.they just quit
game cant sustain itself at this rate of loss................servers will die if something isnt done to lvl the playing field....and I'm a low level P2P

Elee7

Rank 0
PostedNov 12, 2012 12:42 pm
Another way to make it more balanced is to prohibit attacks from a much higher level players. So, for example, level 29 can attack level 20 but cannot attack level 19 (10 levels frame). Currently the game is pretty boring until you get at least level 90 and a city with at least 2000 population (will it ever happen?), and even then it's still boring because most attacks I see here is when a high level player is attacking a lower level to force them to quit (or is it the whole purpose of the game by design?).

Leethar

Rank 0
Leethar
PostedNov 12, 2012 9:03 pm
Elee7 wrote:
Another way to make it more balanced is to prohibit attacks from a much higher level players. So, for example, level 29 can attack level 20 but cannot attack level 19 (10 levels frame). Currently the game is pretty boring until you get at least level 90 and a city with at least 2000 population (will it ever happen?), and even then it's still boring because most attacks I see here is when a high level player is attacking a lower level to force them to quit (or is it the whole purpose of the game by design?).  

In the 8-ish months that I’ve been playing, I have spent a grand total of $20 on this game. I lack a LOT of things that I’d like to have but I’m still enjoying it. I’ve got 5 cities with a population over 2000 and (by this time tomorrow) a level 91 sire. Even though I’m not a “star” player or a huge fish in my kingdom, it was exceptionally easy for me to join my alliance. Admittedly, most of my enjoyment of this game comes from the kingdom I belong to and the players in it. Actually, if I wasn’t in an alliance that I enjoy I would have quit a long time ago. But that’s part of the point of the game; to be in an alliance. Without that support and the access to the extras from it; the game would be tedious (even with unlimited gold).

If you aren’t having fun, join an alliance or join an alliance that’s more to your liking. If you’re still not having fun after that, the game’s probably not ever going to be fun for you.

Elee7

Rank 0
PostedNov 12, 2012 10:08 pm
Congrats with the level 91 and 2000 population Smile I'm in an alliance and enjoying the communication part as well, but I'm here mostly to play, not to chat, and it looks like to get any game action I have first to spend 8 months attacking wilderness, upgrading buildings, and doing silly quests. By the time I get level 90 you'll probably get a level 120, become crazy, and burn me out of the game.

Leethar

Rank 0
Leethar
PostedNov 25, 2012 2:38 pm
Elee7 wrote:
Congrats with the level 91 and 2000 population Smile I'm in an alliance and enjoying the communication part as well, but I'm here mostly to play, not to chat, and it looks like to get any game action I have first to spend 8 months attacking wilderness, upgrading buildings, and doing silly quests. By the time I get level 90 you'll probably get a level 120, become crazy, and burn me out of the game.  

Sorry, real life came along and kicked my butt for ignoring it. Shocked

I'm glad you like the people in your alliance but there's more to alliance support than chat. The cohesion, knowledge sharing & mentoring, item trade, leadership, and back-up are a big help too. If I had to do this without the help of my alliance, I'd have made a LOT more mistakes (some painfully expensive ones too in both time and potential gold) and would not be anywhere near where I am now. The end result of that would equal me being a lot more frustrated at & with the game. If you like your alliance but think they could do better at the above, maybe you can help them get better.

As for me becoming an evil warlord and oppressing you; I'd only dominate you if our kingdoms are a war. Or if you asked very, very nicely... Twisted Evil

Elee7

Rank 0
PostedNov 25, 2012 5:26 pm
Thx for the response, but I'm playing Ministry of War now... lol