Iapis

Rank 4
Iapis
PostedNov 23, 2012 10:19 am
LilianMcK wrote:
However if you want people to post in your thread and that is your intention then that would encourage them, if it was your purpose, making it clear to others.  

I have done this previously, but that is not my intention at all, of course it is a nice side effect, but the main intention in me posting these information, is that players see the new stuff, rather than reading through lots of complaints (in this case) with no info at all.

It also appears, that most ppl like the info / pictures I provide.

LilianMcK wrote:
Also if you had done this you could link your own thread in others posts guiding them to your thread as some are happy to comment in one place. Just a thought Smile  

Yes, I could, but I dont want my own thread to get locked because of some flaming. My Extended Patch Notes are purely informational, of course there are some not informational posts in there, but that doesnt matter.

LilianMcK wrote:
I also see you have started another thread on same subject for future patches. Encourage rather than demand though, make Titles and Subtitles clear and people will be more inclined to see and post. Smile  

That was andaro's Idea, I will ask him, how and what we could change.

Advertisement

Las6sendas

Rank 0
PostedNov 23, 2012 10:24 am   Last edited by Las6sendas on Nov 23, 2012 10:27 am. Edited 2 times in total
and no matter how many gm never pay attention and most of the gs just say reported, or ignore you too

do not bite the hand that feeds you ...

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedNov 23, 2012 10:25 am
Iapis re above reply.

Ah I thought you had thought of that yourself as you put your name to it. Well you can change it to how it suits you, but all above are just suggestions toward helping others and some guideline due to your initial complaint. The main and most important thing really is to help the community and as I say one tends to get more positive reaction by using honey Smile

There is nothing wrong with having a good thread to collect comments at all Smile However you will still have players complaining and not always constructively, it is a release Smile

Oh I did find a complaints thread in rants and raves hehe so going to link it here for those who are not happy, it might help http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1812799. However remember even in rants and raves complaining must be done within boundaries of forum rules Wink

Oh and I get your point about your thread being just for info. You can give guidelines and if it gets too far off track you can get it moderated to keep as an information thread.

Good luck

CombatDozer

Rank 1
CombatDozer
PostedNov 25, 2012 12:07 pm
Perhaps one day - those that constantly post new threads that spam the fora will have thier own little fora sections.

Then it would make it easier to avoid/ignore them !!

Life isn't complicated - the DEV's just make it seem so !

Keep signatures agenda free - as LC fora was designed to be !

rathov_khan

Rank 4
rathov_khan
PostedNov 25, 2012 1:12 pm
CombatDozer wrote:
Perhaps one day - those that constantly post new threads that spam the fora will have thier own little fora sections.

Then it would make it easier to avoid/ignore them !!

Life isn't complicated - the DEV's just make it seem so !

Keep signatures agenda free - as LC fora was designed to be !  

Oh agree entirely bro. Problem is they don't WANT to be ignored, they like having all this attention, it helps to feed their need which they don't get in real life !!

Grateful thanks to PupsiK for the awesome sigs !!