Mammas.Man

Rank 0
Mammas.Man
PostedSep 17, 2012 4:03 pm
My advice is the same, don't click anything that says free .. before downloading .. untick add on programs and toolbars etc ...

Simple rule is,

If it looks like fish, smells like fish .... well then it probably is fish

Smile :p
Advertisement

darkone24h7

Rank 0
PostedOct 12, 2012 1:31 am

Re: How did I get hack.

A simple guide to protecting yourself
GMLeo wrote:
TassadarMajere wrote:
The thing is you’re not really hacked. You might have been compromised. Most like by a keylogger program or your visited a site that phisher your info.  

The entirety of your post is accurate, but this part is my favorite. Is quite difficult for an average user to protect themselves from a legitimate hacker. However, it's extremely easy to protect yourself from a phisher as long as you pay attention to what you're clicking and where you're entering your information.

My simple advice - If it seems suspicious, get out of there!

The truth about hacking.... term is used by people that don't know what it means or how to do it. With todays protection it's wirtualy inposible to break anny passwords at all. What hackers do is get password the other way. If you had a desktop with a post it note on the monitor saying username and password would you be suprised if guy that sit on it logged in? But realy that's the general idea how to get someones password, you gave it away this way or another. No hacker will crack youre account. For example give all hackers in the world a task to hack in man@facebook account, that account is not used and noone will type in password, and there is no way that hackers will do it.

budthethug

Rank 0
budthethug
PostedNov 23, 2012 9:01 pm
Freezzo. wrote:
A bit of an update/thing people might want to know.
Whenever you register on a gamesite, you usually give an email and a password (or username and password). If you use the same combination on fanforums or anywhere really where you need to register, it can cost you.
Professional black-hat hackers (in this case guys that sell the information/logins/etc) have no problem with hacking into a fansite forums, as these don't have the security options companies do. The information they retrieve will be tested (automated scripts with PERL mostly, available online) on hundreds of sites from banks, games, anything that's worth selling, email, etc. These guys usually have your username used there, password used there and the email registered with there, with 'there' being the hacked site/database.
The point I'm trying to make here is: use different passwords. Easiest is to put them down in a wordpad file or anything similar or use a set of at least 2, where one is for generic sites and one for email and the like. Even different user names might help.

Not sure if I voiced the point correctly, but I did my best.

@anyone having bad ideas after reading this: all information is available by an easy google search, so good luck 'hacking'. If you're curious: have fun.  

well 2 things i need to say first one as for me ill never save passwords on any file on my Labtop or pc such as [word-pad file] is not good to do XD, just gives the Hacker a door open to take your info on your Pc/labtop [ unless your talking about using word-pad to help you work some password that you might used after that ?? XD. and second i have been hacked on my Email account then few hr's later they got to my paypal account then my bank account took me 2 weeks to clean this mess up it was a shock for me so im always worry about hackers now. stay safe my Friends cus it can only get worst now O.O lol as things seems to be ok for now.

LOD1980

Rank 0
LOD1980
PostedJul 09, 2013 12:51 am

Re: How did I get hack.

A simple guide to protecting yourself
darkone24h7 wrote:
The truth about hacking.... term is used by people that don't know what it means or how to do it. With today's protection it's virtually impossible to break any passwords at all.  

It's the "Virtually Impossible" that hackers thrive on. I took a white-hat course as part of my certification. White hat being counter hacker...hacking. The challenge is all part of the fun.

That being said, accounts being compromised happens. I being the victim once (stolen comp and the cache was not wiped). Here are the steps I take to prevent security issues.

1: Make sure anti-virus and spyware detectors are up to date, and used regularly
2: when installing items, I read the TOS in it's entirety. Companies/developers is good at hiding little tidbits they don't want known in there. 76 pages may suck, but you'll be surprised at what you find
3:make sure that there are no 3rd party installs piggybacking on the previously mentioned install (toolbars are notoriously piggy backed)
4: My Acc e-mail is dedicated for ONLY the game with which it is registered, and I change my PW often.
5: I keep SSes of all my gear and Inv as it changes, so as to have proof of what I owned, should I need such proof.
6: obviously, Never share account info. My wife has NO idea what my name or PW are, and never will.

2 words: Due diligence.

be safe, be careful, cover your butt.

<a> photo Sgt_zpsdb1e5586.jpg</a>

LoveTeamAeria

Rank 4
LoveTeamAeria
PostedSep 10, 2013 1:41 pm
Great advice. I think more people need to pay attention and follow suit. Its time for people to be cautious.

GJVV

Rank 1
GJVV
PostedDec 26, 2013 6:50 am
You can also get caught out if your browser is set to allow a redirect to a different sight. Change the settings on browser so it warns you before doing this.

generalatomic

Rank 2
generalatomic
PostedFeb 01, 2014 8:21 pm
Okram94 wrote:
i got hacked all my items has been lost and GM-s are not getting me back why  

lol they dont borther looking at things like that.