CookinDanger

Rank 4
CookinDanger
PostedNov 12, 2012 7:25 am
ColdB26 wrote:
SMPLGY wrote:
These forums are flooded daily with "when is lime coming out"  

I stopped reading there cuz it is more than wrong.  

You stopped reading. I stopped thinking.

Advertisement

MisleadPaws

Rank 0
MisleadPaws
PostedNov 12, 2012 10:55 pm
SMPLGY wrote:
Ok. Well if everyone or lots of people are doing that then I HIGHLY DOUBT THEY'LL BAN ALL THOSE ACCOUNTS & im not the only person that wants info. These forums are flooded daily with "when is lime coming out", not to mention on their facebook page I can't even begin to imagine how many people but if I were to guesstimate I'd say at least 1/2 million but probably more I think are waiting for this game

Maybe if enough people bother Cykan (formerly sirius) they'll actually give us some info. It used to be updates about once a month back in the beginning. Now its every 3 months (which feels like an eternity). Last update was back in august. It been over 3months (by about a week)!

Well, (sighs) maybe they've run out of stuff to tell us. I personally feel its because the game is close to coming out & now its just a race to get out the finishing touches on & get it moving out the door.  

The way your thinking will just get you in trouble, honestly. o_o. We can't contact Cykan, and AGE noted to us not to. If people continued there'd likely be a punishment formed or something, POSSIBLY. Also if 500,000 people were waiting for this game I'd see a much more active forum rather than regulars lol. When it opens I imagine only a few hundred or thousand joining immediately. On another note! You do know that if you contact them then you'll just be taking up time they could be using to do other jobs, considering it's a bit of a small company still, they're very busy. Just be patient! They're obviously making progress from what we've seen.

MeiuAngel

Rank 2
MeiuAngel
PostedNov 13, 2012 1:49 am
Definitely DO NOT bother the devs about updates.
Nyago and Anex have asked you not to. And it won't actually help any, just waste the developers' time having to delete all of your spam messages x.x

There can't be an update unless there's actually something to say about Aeria's release of Lime.
They can't win, if there's no update everyone complains, but I bet if they put up a thread saying "don't worry, everything's still on track!" (which is probably all there is to say at this stage) people would STILL complain because "lack of content" or something equally pointless.

shushup

Rank 0
shushup
PostedNov 20, 2012 9:34 am
this is exciting! i can't wait for LO

sykw625

Rank 0
sykw625
PostedDec 01, 2012 11:42 pm
Explain to me why this MMO is good and unique compared to all other MMOs (besides the fact that it's designed by former RO ppl)

MisleadPaws

Rank 0
MisleadPaws
PostedDec 02, 2012 3:18 am
sykw625 wrote:
Explain to me why this MMO is good and unique compared to all other MMOs (besides the fact that it's designed by former RO ppl)  

It has a lot of combined features that I look for regularly. Graphics, couple system, guild battles, player housing, etc. Okay.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedDec 02, 2012 8:30 am
sykw625 wrote:

~ Card System (makes customizing unique and your set of whatever armor/weaponry that much more unique)
~ Pet System (get a pet from nearly every single mob)
~ Dungeon System (yes many games have dungeons, but LO's dungeon is more of a top tier one with platforming, traps, 1 hit KO bosses, and generally the dungeons are meant to pose more of a challenge and come in several modes)
~ Life Class system (having a whole class and level just for life class, its like 2 characters in one, and being able to do just life class things without falter in gameplay is very unique)
~ The typical things that make MMO's fun, RvR, Guilds, Towns (this is seen a lot less in MMO's though), Couple System (not in all games either)
~ The sound track is by far the best MMO sound track (my opinion, as it is the same opinion of many gamers)
~ Extensive Class Advancing and customization (really, ninja's grim reapers, holy spirits... oh wait that's just the start D: Can't imagine what they'd have in content updates)
~ A unique anime style of graphics, one that can last for quite awhile.

~ So much more, but I don't think it's worth my time to post even more, it's best you look it up. I'm not here to make you interested in playing, give it a shot when it does come out, and if you can't keep yourself interested with it, then that's that D:

MisleadPaws

Rank 0
MisleadPaws
PostedDec 02, 2012 9:35 am
qawsar wrote:
sykw625 wrote:

~ Card System (makes customizing unique and your set of whatever armor/weaponry that much more unique)
~ Dungeon System (yes many games have dungeons, but LO's dungeon is more of a top tier one with platforming, traps, 1 hit KO bosses, and generally the dungeons are meant to pose more of a challenge and come in several modes)
~ Life Class system (having a whole class and level just for life class, its like 2 characters in one, and being able to do just life class things without falter in gameplay is very unique)
~ The typical things that make MMO's fun, RvR, Guilds, Towns (this is seen a lot less in MMO's though), Couple System (not in all games either)
~ The sound track is by far the best MMO sound track (my opinion, as it is the same opinion of many gamers)
~ Extensive Class Advancing and customization (really, ninja's grim reapers, holy spirits... oh wait that's just the start D: Can't imagine what they'd have in content updates)

~ So much more, but I don't think it's worth my time to post even more, it's best you look it up. I'm not here to make you interested in playing, give it a shot when it does come out, and if you can't keep yourself interested with it, then that's that D:  

Oh, I forgot the fact that ^ is playing. Must stalk him. (^: I'm coming for you, Berry. Soon™.
-Lololol-

ColdB26

Rank 2
ColdB26
PostedDec 02, 2012 11:45 am
qawsar wrote:
sykw625 wrote:

Basically all we saw in RO and some more things. Hopefully.

Flying pigs took my signature away~

sykw625

Rank 0
sykw625
PostedDec 02, 2012 2:29 pm
qawsar wrote:
sykw625 wrote:

I have friends who really want to play this game, but coming from a heavier MMO background, i'm still skeptical about it which is why I'm asking. RO was a guilty pleasure of mine as i think it really introduced MMO to a lot of ppl who weren't gamers or MMO players before. It was a classic and it flourished in a time were the Internet community still valued closeness, friendship, comaraderie, etc. The sense of community really is much non existent in current MMOs.

It's a bit hard to grab much useful info from the official sites so just a few comments to some details you guys gave me:

Card System - Current MMOs or online RPGs have either gone with or substituted this system like Diablo 3 or SWTOR vs GW2. Nevertheless, customization is always a plus!

Pet System - GW2 has done this very well with its Ranger class. Not sure if a pet system is really useful outside of the realm of aesthetics. But if WoW can release an entire expansion on a pet system... i don't see why LO can't have one as well.

Life Class System - I'm afraid like all other previous MMOs before, these crafting classes could just become useless to the individual in the overall picture. In reality, crafting is more of a gold sink than anything useful as you only need a small population to support the economy. GW2 is the only MMO thus far that made use of it allowing crafting leveling to also give exp points to base leveling. And even then it's arguable if it's better to sell crafting items back to the market and use the money to buy gear or food rather than using it up to level a life class.

Coupling System - Heavily dependent on RL male-female ratio. ;p
But i suppose this game has a heavy draw for female gamers than let's say GW, WoW, or SWTOR

Graphics - Needs a major major over haul. Even low budget MMOs these days lay heavier graphics down. LO's graphics engine is still stuck in the RO2 days. I normally don't really care about graphics when it comes to anime-styled games though. Good gameplay needs to offset this. IMO graphics isn't a priority but game smoothness, low latency, low lag is. The current F2P iRO has really crappy latency vs current MMOs that have 10x better graphics and perfect latency.

Classes - More class advancement and character customization is always good!

Quests - I'm not sure if things will ever feel the same after the concept of "Dynamic Questing" introduced by Rift and evolved by Guild Wars 2. I hear FFXIV will introduce their own concept of dynamic questing called FATE (Full Active Time Event). I don't have expectations on any lower budget MMOs in terms of questing as it will always be "collect X amt of this and give it to NPC N." Correct me if i'm wrong.

Lastly.. Dungeons... this is what I miss most in modern MMOs. This is what I want to know most about in LO. The last time I saw an open dungeon system was in Lineage II. Since then, modern MMOs use heavy instancing systems and small raid groups to really butcher the dungeon concept. Conquering dungeons should have a more dynamic and community feel to it. It should not be forming a party of 5 and going in beating it, rinse and repeat without anyone witnessing or hearing about it. It should be like the way RO, FlyFF, etc. had it where you can see countless people go in and not make it back out. That way it is more interactive and dynamic. Of course there will be side effects like lag and mob trains.