wkeane7

Rank 0
PostedNov 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Mercenary Guild?

This is just a concept but I have no idea if it'd actually work out so tell me what you think. So I was thinking of creating a mercenary guild but I'm not familiar with guilds and I'm not quite sure how they work as I've yet to join a guild. I'd form pretty much a money making centered guild. Other guilds could give gold to players in this mercenary guild and the players then temporarily quit the mercenary guild and join the employer's guild and do the guild quests for that guild requested by the employer for them. Then when the job is done they quit the employer's guild and reapply to the mercenary guild or stay with the employer's guild if they wanted. The employer's guild gets guild fame and guild funds and the players in the mercenary guild get their own money they can use for whatever they want. Of course the amount you would pay to hire the mercenaries would differ by what level they are in (ex. to hire a level 40 mercenary you pay 40 gold or something like that). Low level (or even higher level) guilds could hire higher level players to level up their guild faster without them even having to be playing the game. Individual players could also hire higher level players to help them get through dungeons or party with them to complete quests quickly. Meanwhile unemployed mercenaries can just do normal guild quests and continue making money if there aren't any employers if they feel like it. It wouldn't be like normal guilds as the main focus is to get money for individuals instead of for the guild. Is it possible to transfer money (guild funds or individual funds) directly to other players and would this idea catch on? Also how could I advertise this? So...... Good idea? Bad idea? Have no idea what I'm talking about? This guy's an idiot?
Advertisement

denknight

Rank 0
denknight
PostedNov 20, 2012 1:15 am
Another suggestion for you, I read somewhere in the other server that they offer service to run players through Trials to get them their yellows/trophies/etc.. at a certain pricing.

Quicksilver915

Rank 0
PostedNov 20, 2012 9:25 am

Mercenary Guild

I think this would be a cool idea Wkeane7. If you're going to do it I'd wait til you and ur friends are among higher levels (so I'd guess, 50+) in the game so you can help many new players with their quests and such, that'd probably be your main bracket of business. Once we get to lvl 50+ we have friends that can help run dgns with us.

A suggestion, tho I don't know how well it'd work, is to also offer your guildies out to new guilds to do guild quests to earn them fame and raise their level. I've been a guild leader before and it's REALLY slow to start a guild, so if I could have hired someone who would help me get to level 2 or 3...I would have!

Hope that helps, have a good day!

wkeane7

Rank 0
PostedNov 20, 2012 11:48 am
Quicksilver915:

offer your guildies out to new guilds to do guild quests to earn them fame and raise their level  

Actually that would be one of the main points of the guild as I mentioned in the description. New guilds could hire my guildies and they would join their guild for a while and help complete guild quests for that guild to earn that guild fame and funds and raise their level. But yeah you're right about waiting until we're in higher levels so we could be more help. Right now we're only around level 42. But yeah eventually I plan on making this.

denknight:

I read somewhere in the other server that they offer service to run players through Trials to get them their yellows/trophies/etc.. at a certain pricing.  

That's actually a pretty good idea thanks. I'll add that to the list of services.