derakidol

Rank 0
derakidol
PostedNov 15, 2012 5:57 am
I've been in malice discussion way before and there are 2 solution/conclusion I came up with.

1. Kill the mobs fast enough so it doesnt matter who it targets, if it's dead it cant target me.

2. Survive with all the survival skills mage has. It doesnt matter if the tank doesn't have agro and you do as long as you don't die. Mage tank np.
Advertisement

LawlAmgad

Rank 0
PostedNov 15, 2012 7:18 am
Thanks for the replies, I don't die often and generally end up on the top of the party's damage when I mage. But a lot of tanks take offense to me when they have to chase mobs around. I'll try using ice shield to increase my survivability. I guess it's just because of the level range I'm in, tanks are still rather new at around my level and don't understand that building your tank completely all defense, no eva, hardly any block rate, no pattack, no crit, no attack speed just isn't ideal. This tank was running around with 12k def, I've seen tanks do that trial with 7.5k def no problem.

Bapex729

Rank 0
Bapex729
PostedNov 15, 2012 8:28 am
I tank a lot on knight. My build is an offensive tank. I have no problem holding aggro but when I do lose aggro on mobs I don't sweat it and go chasing after it. I just stay near healer and keep the healer safe. I always say to the dps in party 'you spank it, you tank it'

Posted By Aeria Mobile

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedNov 15, 2012 5:59 pm
Bapex729 wrote:
I tank a lot on knight. My build is an offensive tank. I have no problem holding aggro but when I do lose aggro on mobs I don't sweat it and go chasing after it. I just stay near healer and keep the healer safe. I always say to the dps in party 'you spank it, you tank it'  

That's a good proverb!

I always dps as Samurai since I'll be semi-tanky if I pull mobs anyway. I keep a healing ring on for normal runs, but I'll use 2 dps rings if I have A) a good tank B) a good healer C) super OP dps around me.

Rimstock

Rank 0
PostedNov 15, 2012 6:14 pm
Since I capped out knight I've been tanking with my lv 40 warrior (I'm 55) and the most effective method seems to keep all my trophys and accesories spec'ed out for dps- crits, double dmg, tripple hits- make that first aoe hit count cause I dont have a second to back it up. As long as you have a decent set with some eva and a good sheild you'll be fine. On my knight I can afford to go alittle more defensive but usually its unnessisary even for 55 trials

amacle12

Rank 1
PostedNov 17, 2012 6:07 pm
Best advice i can give is to get a regular tank and get to know him/her. Time your AoEs to match his malice.

By the time you hit lvl 65 trials most mobs will be trash that really shouldnt kill you, but some can hurt like Hard so you gotta be wary of pulling them. On the bright side, these mobs temd to come in small groups or alone so tank should have an easier tie protecting you.

One thing I have seen a few magicians do is to let tank pull then cast resitance collapes and another buff/debuff to allow tank to build aggro, then spam AoEs.

At high levels you often have a second line of defence with you in dgns. Samurais make great AoE shields for you. They can take good dmg and have higher malice on mobs they hit than you do, especially with awakened katana and kp on ashura slash and purgatory. This means far fewer mobs will come near you.

Basically, at lower levels, AoE malice can be a pain, but at high levels, you'll kill mobs fast as Hard in a party, and in many cases, most of the mobs will aggro someone else rather than you.

jet.duldulao

Rank 0
jet.duldulao
PostedNov 18, 2012 11:33 pm
Is is good to have crit rate % + matk or matk + cast speed for mages?

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedNov 19, 2012 12:13 am
It's good to have all 3.

jet.duldulao

Rank 0
jet.duldulao
PostedNov 19, 2012 12:14 am
I'm not very sure how to get all 3 because of most of the "farmable" items only offers bonuses for a specific armor set.. :'(

raedrin

Rank 3
raedrin
PostedNov 19, 2012 7:10 am
Essentially you pick an armor set (either mcrit dmg or cast speed), add mcrit gems/enchants to it, fortify your staff for matk, and supplement whatever you are missing with procs. Pm me if you want more details than that lol.