qoue2010

Rank 0
PostedNov 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Game model is ****.

Just wanted to put my two cents in on the FTP gaming market. A few key points here: ONE, stop making **** item upgrade systems. As a gamer I don't want to have to spend extra money on buying runes, tokens, or whatever else to increase my chances to just **** keep my weapon!! Its Brilliant. TWO: Similar concept on storage stystem, why the Hard does it require 30gold to withdraw an item from storage? Why should anyone have to PAY for storage?
Dumbass ideas like this only make your game a PAY-TO-WIN pile of ****, when it has so much potential to be something worth the consumers invested time and money. FTP should ONLY focus on visual and novelty transactions, NOT on anything the effects progression, play, or power of your character. I personally will pay for a novelty mount or skins for armor or character, Hard I'll spend 10 dollars to be able to play an expansion. What I will NOT do is spend money on integral parts of a gaming experience such as being able to upgrade a weapon but have an almost certain percentage that it will be destroyed if you haven't purchased the cash shop X item. You might as well say, "If you want your character to have two arms they're available for a "small fee" in the cash shop." If you want your company to be successful in the west, its best that you remember that this is the west, not Asia. Western gamers don't like Pay-to-Win gameplay and untill you can figure that out you can kindly go **** yourselves. You can be assured you'll get no money from me.
Advertisement

Tearfulplace

Rank 2
Tearfulplace
PostedNov 18, 2012 2:02 pm
I agree FTP games should have balance,but don't forget they need money to give us updates,keep servers running,and get paid. Look at it as you're donating to them to keep a game you like.That's how i look at it.I don't agree with coining if you're not getting a "full product." Everything shouldn't be free in FTP games. If you pay you expect an advantage and that's the way it should be. You just sound like an entitled brat.

lykenstrife

Rank 0
lykenstrife
PostedNov 18, 2012 2:29 pm
The Upgrade system is fine, that actually makes you want to pay money for the extra security of keeping your weapon, but the whole Storage thing is a different deal, maybe pay for extra slots or something.. I know in STO if you didn't subscribe you didn't get as much storage space in general like in the bank or inventory.. if you didn't subscribe you could buy slots, but you typically had to do it individually, that's cool.. the whole part of withdrawing items from your storage shouldn't be a fee.

Don't get me wrong I would spend money on something if I felt it would actually help statically, or made my character look cool, but I shouldn't have to pay for the base storage you gave me. You also gotta look at it like this would you rather have everything balanced 100% and pay to play or have to pay-to-win, either way you are paying something Razz

Nothing in this world is truely free, but I can't repeat myself Enough I can understand the whole Storage tid bit

yudia

Rank 1
PostedNov 18, 2012 2:54 pm   Last edited by yudia on Nov 19, 2012 11:39 am. Edited 1 time in total

Re: Game model is ****.

qoue2010 wrote:
stuff  

1. why did you create a new account to post this? or did you just start playing today?

2. Aeria does not make or change games, they only publish them. the developer is the one that makes and changes the games. then Aeria hosts the game for the developer.

3. Aeria needs to make money somehow, if a game does not make money they close the game. they do not host a game for free. if you have a suggestion, post your suggestion in the game's forum or send in a contact us.

edit: I wasnt talking to you lykenstrife, I was talking to qoue2010.

lykenstrife

Rank 0
lykenstrife
PostedNov 18, 2012 9:22 pm
No I'm legitmately a player, I just started playing day before yesterday.. I'm not a troll.. I just agreed with parts of his post. not the entire thing.

Antelopemax

Rank 0
Antelopemax
PostedNov 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: Game model is ****.

qoue2010 wrote:
Just wanted to put my two cents in on the FTP gaming market. A few key points here: ONE, stop making **** item upgrade systems. As a gamer I don't want to have to spend extra money on buying runes, tokens, or whatever else to increase my chances to just **** keep my weapon!! Its Brilliant.  

AGREED. THANK YOU. Finally! Someone who agrees with me! I NEVER used the item mall for ANYTHING. All of my stuff has been legitimately been bought ingame.
quoe2010 wrote:
TWO: Similar concept on storage stystem, why the **** does it require 30gold to withdraw an item from storage? Why should anyone have to PAY for storage? Dumbass ideas like this only make your game a PAY-TO-WIN pile of ****, when it has so much potential to be something worth the consumers invested time and money. FTP should ONLY focus on visual and novelty transactions, NOT on anything the effects progression, play, or power of your character. I personally will pay for a novelty mount or skins for armor or character, **** I'll spend 10 dollars to be able to play an expansion. What I will NOT do is spend money on integral parts of a gaming experience such as being able to upgrade a weapon but have an almost certain percentage that it will be destroyed if you haven't purchased the cash shop X item. You might as well say, "If you want your character to have two arms they're available for a "small fee" in the cash shop." If you want your company to be successful in the west, its best that you remember that this is the west, not Asia. Western gamers don't like Pay-to-Win gameplay and untill you can figure that out you can kindly go **** yourselves. You can be assured you'll get no money from me.  

I agree fully here. Why would someone would want to pay thirty gold of your real money just to withdraw ONE SIMPLE item from storage? In all opinion, I think that is just the most imbecilic and childish thing that a gaming company can ever do.

I believe that if you buy something from the item mall, you should NOT get ANY major advantages. They should be either temporary, or once the item expires, make it like a normal weapon equaling it's level. Honestly, Free To Play, means FREE TO PLAY, not Free to Purchase stuff of the item mall and kill everyone easily. Seriously... I think some of these people who MAKE games that call it free to play, really need to read up and do their research what it means. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love some of Aeria Games' games, but CONSTANTLY RELEASING item mall updates RATHER THAN ingame updates? That's just a huge waste of money right there.

But yet again, this goes to prove that Aeria Games does not listen to it's customers and make constant item mall updates anyways. It's not like their poor anyways...

In addition, their translators suck. They should all be fired, and replaced with people who is a REALLY good bilingual set of people to do the translations.