sofunmate

Rank 0
PostedOct 02, 2012 5:52 pm
@galil mar: "However, it comes with a hefty amount of knockback; if you hit the enemy, their crosshairs shake a lot and their guns bloom an extreme amount; therefore, if you frequently go up against paras, you can use this gun to make their crosshairs go wild."

I'll soon buy a new gun and I'm curious about the knockback/bloom caused by galil mar. Is there any vid on it? I found review vids but I'm more curious on what the target would see on their screen and not just the recoil/spread patterns on a wall.

or if anyone has time to waste, could I pm them in-game and let them attack me in a private match to see?
Advertisement

trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedOct 03, 2012 5:14 pm
sofunmate wrote:
@galil mar: "However, it comes with a hefty amount of knockback; if you hit the enemy, their crosshairs shake a lot and their guns bloom an extreme amount; therefore, if you frequently go up against paras, you can use this gun to make their crosshairs go wild."

I'll soon buy a new gun and I'm curious about the knockback/bloom caused by galil mar. Is there any vid on it? I found review vids but I'm more curious on what the target would see on their screen and not just the recoil/spread patterns on a wall.

or if anyone has time to waste, could I pm them in-game and let them attack me in a private match to see?  
You could run around asking people (esp friends) if they could shoot you with a Mar.

If I were to describe it, I would say the crosshairs suddenly expand 3-5 times their size especially when moving and recover over .5-1 seconds to normal bloom rate. It's really effective against para users because they can't hit anything even with macros.

Moneypony

Rank 0
PostedOct 14, 2012 5:28 pm
sofunmate wrote:
@galil mar:

I managed to find a video on the Japanese AVa Wiki.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rJjD_utu6w
It was the only one I could find but I'm a bit disappointed it didn't show the crosshairs itself. I don't pay attention to the gauge on the right when I snipe but assume that it shows you how big the crosshairs currently are. If that's the case the Galil MAR would expand crosshairs by 2x-3x as long as you're hitting them.

XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedOct 24, 2012 11:56 am
I think your info on G36A, and XM8 is misleading

1st of: XM8 is a lot stronger than alli, alli feels almost as weak as m4 mk3 with little to no penetration, similarly ak mk3 seems to need more shots to kill than XM8 too

might be the pemnetration stat, but really, ak mk3 litterally hs nothing over xm8, similarly alli only has great crouchshot

i won it few days ago and was severely dissappointed and yes i was the one always whining how OPed it is, might be that picked up gun is better, might be a placebo effect but as i own both, there is lirtterally nothing but better crouchshot on alli, sure ROF is better and there isnt much bloom but thats about it, when using it, it feels like m4 mk2, with slightly less rof and slightly more damage and ofcourse no recoil

after winning it, I a,m bery dissappointed. Might be top tier but much like thought based on picked up als, it actualy has very little similarities to xm8, its simply g36 mk3, thats all there is to it, and its just as bad as m4 mk3 (post-nerf ofc)

also about sg556, not sure if it ever changed but standing accuracy is so horribly bad, dunno exactlxy about mods but whatever i tried there was still side to side recoil even when crouching, for a laser it seems outdated

EDIT: if anything F2K compares best to xm8, with better moveshot and slower generating bloom, but of crse with lower damage, F2K and G36A seem on the same level and regarding shop guns currently i would mark top tier only F2K, XM8 and para, possibly famas mk3, i would increase the pottential rating for F2K, as its pretty much on the level of para and xm8

trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedOct 24, 2012 1:52 pm
XiaoJyun wrote:

1st of: XM8 is a lot stronger than alli, alli feels almost as weak as m4 mk3 with little to no penetration, similarly ak mk3 seems to need more shots to kill than XM8 too

might be the pemnetration stat, but really, ak mk3 litterally hs nothing over xm8, similarly alli only has great crouchshot

i won it few days ago and was severely dissappointed and yes i was the one always whining how OPed it is, might be that picked up gun is better, might be a placebo effect but as i own both, there is lirtterally nothing but better crouchshot on alli, sure ROF is better and there isnt much bloom but thats about it, when using it, it feels like m4 mk2, with slightly less rof and slightly more damage and ofcourse no recoil

after winning it, I a,m bery dissappointed. Might be top tier but much like thought based on picked up als, it actualy has very little similarities to xm8, its simply g36 mk3, thats all there is to it, and its just as bad as m4 mk3 (post-nerf ofc)

also about sg556, not sure if it ever changed but standing accuracy is so horribly bad, dunno exactlxy about mods but whatever i tried there was still side to side recoil even when crouching, for a laser it seems outdated

EDIT: if anything F2K compares best to xm8, with better moveshot and slower generating bloom, but of crse with lower damage, F2K and G36A seem on the same level and regarding shop guns currently i would mark top tier only F2K, XM8 and para, possibly famas mk3, i would increase the pottential rating for F2K, as its pretty much on the level of para and xm8  
G36A is still better than XM8. It has more DPS and more stability, and its damage is almost the same with marginal differences over range; perhaps the low recoil creates the illusion that it's weaker. Also has nowhere near M4Mk3's terrible accuracy. And in the end, you are correct that it really is a G36MK3; you have to have used the G36 extensively to really appreciate how overpowered it was in the MK2 era and how it's still a viable option especially with the recent M4MK3 nerf.

SG556 was never changed. Its standing accuracy is decent, especially for a rifle. If you compare it to the spray guns nowadays like M4MK3, F2k, and XM8 you could call it bad, but if you compare it to the MK2-era guns it's actually pretty good.

F2K would never be a competitor to the XM8 as much as it would be to a sidewinderp. It has less DPS, more accuracy, and more sprayability just like the sidewinder.

XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedOct 29, 2012 9:47 am
trainer772 wrote:
XiaoJyun wrote:

G36A is still better than XM8. It has more DPS and more stability, and its damage is almost the same with marginal differences over range; perhaps the low recoil creates the illusion that it's weaker. Also has nowhere near M4Mk3's terrible accuracy. And in the end, you are correct that it really is a G36MK3; you have to have used the G36 extensively to really appreciate how overpowered it was in the MK2 era and how it's still a viable option especially with the recent M4MK3 nerf.

SG556 was never changed. Its standing accuracy is decent, especially for a rifle. If you compare it to the spray guns nowadays like M4MK3, F2k, and XM8 you could call it bad, but if you compare it to the MK2-era guns it's actually pretty good.

F2K would never be a competitor to the XM8 as much as it would be to a sidewinderp. It has less DPS, more accuracy, and more sprayability just like the sidewinder.  

DPS on alli is lower than xm8 IMO

xm8 kills pretty fast on armour, whereas alli doesnt

the sg was nerfed once if i recall correctly

i didnt use G36 much, but i could see myself doing just as well (or should i say just as bad) as with alli

dunno might just be me, but really it takes me so long to kill with alli

Why do Zombies want your Brains? Because you do not use them anyway!

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
The2009RKO
PostedNov 17, 2012 10:43 am
Whoa! Nice Topic, helps a lot. Wink

kalinXange

Rank 2
PostedNov 18, 2012 6:57 am
Wow Trainner what you do for your community...

I'm glad have you on GS

sofunmate2

Rank 3
sofunmate2
PostedJan 03, 2013 1:17 pm
@Ingram MAC10 "It must be ADS'd all the time."

Just the answer I needed Smile Was about to post a thread. Thank you.

_Okam1_

Rank 0
_Okam1_
PostedFeb 10, 2013 3:03 pm
trainer772 wrote:

AMD
Difficulty: Easy. Although it has bad accuracy, it has negligible moveshot penalty, little bloom, and extremely low recoil.
Potential: Moderate or High. It has relatively low ROF and "decent" damage per shot, making the XM8 a far more viable option. However, it can be modded with ROF mods to have subpar accuracy but better CQC abilities.
Mods: LRB II and Ergo for overall flexibility. BB, Ergo, and Mech Imp for the CQC gunner.

Kel-tec
Difficulty: Difficult. Unnecessarily high recoil and bloom, especially when moving. The recoil pattern is difficult to control regardless of the trigger. With the semi-auto trigger, it has a low ROF cap and will be easy to defeat in CQC. With the fully-auto trigger, it will have terrible bloom and mediocre medium-range abilities.
Potential: Moderate. Its only pros are decent damage and good 1st-shot accuracy. However, its recoil and bloom is similar to a para's. It has similar DPS to the para when the auto-trigger is used.
Mods: None. If you want to put the fully auto trigger on this, you might as well use a Para instead.  

AMD-65 Mods: RB+MechImp - ONLY.
Keltec RFB Mods: AFT - ONLY. Besides it's like a para with RB+mods on.